Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I don't believe loliphenex is going to share that (I wouldn't).  In order to leverage API's, you'd have to know what platform AmiAmi uses and then ensure that the platform allows development with an open API set.  If you have that, you can develop an integration to that to scrape or extrapolate the data you want mined. 

It's a bit different than a bot that automates a purchase in that scenario.  You're just mining data points that aren't public facing.  I didn't read anything that stated loliphenex used a bot to acquire product, but if you have access to develop against those APIs then you absolutely could create a bot to accomplish purchasing it.

Pretty much nailed it.  This is one of those situations where if you have to ask...

But with the way AmiAmi, NY and HLJ have their order pages set up now, the stock count is essentially "public facing," you just have to know where to look.  Having stock counts is interesting, but doesn't net  you much beyond maybe what your odds of securing a pre-order are.  NY seems to be constantly refreshing their count, as well, so it can be a bit misleading.

FWIW, I don't think they are botting, at least not those sites.  They could be, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort, as the big retailers are actually putting in decent anti-botting measures (finally).

Now older sites like AE are still open season for botters.

Utterly ridiculous its come to this.. what the frakkkkk. Maybe my mind is slipping in old age, but I dont remember any of this BS happening with yamato releases... I do remember the 1/48 max and kazaki were harder to get because of the magazine special thing (i think) and the vf-4 was slightly harder to get, but... still nothing near this level. 

Edited by Mechinyun

14 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Pretty much nailed it.  This is one of those situations where if you have to ask...

But with the way AmiAmi, NY and HLJ have their order pages set up now, the stock count is essentially "public facing," you just have to know where to look.  Having stock counts is interesting, but doesn't net  you much beyond maybe what your odds of securing a pre-order are.  NY seems to be constantly refreshing their count, as well, so it can be a bit misleading.

FWIW, I don't think they are botting, at least not those sites.  They could be, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort, as the big retailers are actually putting in decent anti-botting measures (finally).

Now older sites like AE are still open season for botters.

Gotcha. I know there are plug and play bots for things like sneaker and video game releases, that cost anywhere from $50-$200.  

I even looked at crowdsourcing or commissioning a bot but am wary of plugging payment info into one of those things. 

The search continues. 

19 minutes ago, Mechinyun said:

Utterly ridiculous its come to this.. what the frakkkkk. Maybe my mind is slipping in old age, but I dont remember any of this BS happening with yamato releases... I do remember the 1/48 max and kazaki were harder to get because of the magazine special thing (i think) and the vf-4 was slightly harder to get, but... still nothing near this level. 

Not with the Yammies, but Bandai started this same shenanigan with the Frontier DX-v2 valks.

So it wasn't as unexpected.

Just continually disappointing since more of us prefer the VF-1 than the Frontier/Delta valks.

2 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Man would I love a rerelease of the Frontier VF-25 series. Love them so much. Sold them all years ago and now I want them back!!

Chris

Yeah I like the 25’s. And it helps frontier was actually a good show too. 

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

Kurasama shop said they shipped my missiles last week, tracking shows they created a label but that's as far as they've gotten... Seems fishy.

I have had instances where Buyee or Manda said they had shipped stuff to me a good few days or even a week before tracking changes from “label created, not yet in system” to “acceptance”. I hope it’s just the same delay in your case. 

16 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

A US reissue of the MB Eva-01 is happening 

That will be great. Where would one find info about this or get alert when/if it happened?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Kurasama shop said they shipped my missiles last week, tracking shows they created a label but that's as far as they've gotten... Seems fishy.

I hate those your items have shipped emails.

Paying postage by remote isn't shipped.  Only when the shipper picks it up counts as shipped.

Got the delivery slip for my missiles from CD Japan in my box yesterday, so will pick those up this afternoon.

Definitely grabbing two sets of Hikaru's strike packs though.  I don't care how inaccurate they are, they just look good on Hikaru's 1J.  If the roundels can be swapped out, I'll make myself some kite versions.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

That will be great. Where would one find info about this or get alert when/if it happened?

It already happened. I got my reissue ordered through Anime Export on 4/26/2019.

5 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

It already happened. I got my reissue ordered through Anime Export on 4/26/2019.

I totally missed the boat then. :(

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

I totally missed the boat then. :(

This is probably wishful thinking, but it would be really good if someone makes a KO version of the MB-Eva to end the scalpers' run on this one.  It's not entirely impossible - they've done it for the MB Strike Freedom (they are even doing the Soul Blue version as a second run ETA late 2019)

Decided to pull the trigger yesterday on NY and submitted payment info but never got any confirmation nor pending orders in my order history. Internet was someone spotty but it seemed to have gone thru, awaiting response from NY ticket to verify if there is an order on my account but unsure if I should place another order in the meantime or wait for a response? Afraid I’ll miss the hiked up price (sad to say).

4 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I ordered the missile set when I ordered the DX Max.  I'm curious if NY will hold it that long...

I did the same and asked here last week.  Got a few responses that we should be good to go there.  I mean, anything can happen, but NY generally comes through on that.  (It was my second order of Missiles from them.  First order is shipping now.)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

7 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Decided to pull the trigger yesterday on NY and submitted payment info but never got any confirmation nor pending orders in my order history. Internet was someone spotty but it seemed to have gone thru, awaiting response from NY ticket to verify if there is an order on my account but unsure if I should place another order in the meantime or wait for a response? Afraid I’ll miss the hiked up price (sad to say).

If you summited payment then you can check your PayPal account.   If it’s not there and you didn’t get a email from PayPal or N-Y and there is nothing in your order history then I believe your order was never completed.

if you used a credit card then that card might be no good like the one you used for amazon.jp last time .

1 hour ago, canklebreaker said:

Good idea, I’ll check my CC. I’m new to Macross and the way this line has been unfolding regarding orders I may just sell the 1J I just picked up and only keep a 1S and be done with it. Too frustrating...

for N-Y orders it's best to to use paypal because they do not honor preorder pricing if your creditcard declines the transaction.   or they "CLAIMED" it was declined,  I lost a nice preorder discount because of that in the pass. 

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

There's a listing on eBay from a seller with 100% positive feedback for $250 shipped.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like a good choice vs waiting for release day availability.

Edited by kkx