Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Has anyone here PO'ed at NY during the first markup ang got a Paypal error after you hit the pay button and didn't went back to NY page? It happened to me once so I resubmit my order the second time using direct credit card payment rather than go to Paypal again. Which I got a confirmation from NY that they receive the order. But this morning when I woke up I check my credit card app, it's showing I have two pending transaction. And then just 5mins ago, I received an email from Paypal for that first transaction which I double check with my PP app and see that there was indeed a transaction happened. Now I have to contact NY for it since I just have one order with them. I know it's very hard to get the attention of NY's customer service but I don't want to hit the 'report a problem' button on my Paypal or credit card so it will not jeopardize my paid preorder items at NY since they tend to cancel your accounts the moment you report or file something against them (as what members here posted from before).

So just a heads up to members who got that Paypal error, double-check your credit card pending transactions.

And yes I manage to nab one during NY's first marked up PO window.

Oooff..just caught up on last nights "happenings". Glad I don't collect DYRL Valks. Congrats to the lucky few who got one without getting bent over with price hikes.  I simply can't imagine how bad the Roy 1S pre-order is going to be.  :wacko:

I really can't say which one was worse... the VF-1A Max or the VF-1S DYRL Hikaru. I luckily got one of each through HLJ but with the long agonizing 20+ min spinning checkout process. Yet with the VF-1A Max on AmiAmi I wasn't able to get the page to load and it went straight to sold out. IIRC Amiami did have a 2nd window that night just like how the VF-1S did last night. For me, during the initial opening and after refreshing the page because it wouldn't take the update when I clicked on "Add to cart". I was eventually able to add the VF-1S to my cart and got as far as submitting payment and then it crapped out on me after 35+ mins of sitting on the checkout process. I completely missed the 2nd window at Amiami though.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I like how buying Bandai valkyries is so inexpensive and hassle-free compared to Arcadia. I hate those guys! 

Honestly I think Bandai pricing this line a bit too low (on top of the very limited volume) is one of the causes of this pre-ordering madness. 

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Has anyone here PO'ed at NY during the first markup ang got a Paypal error after you hit the pay button and didn't went back to NY page? It happened to me once so I resubmit my order the second time using direct credit card payment rather than go to Paypal again. Which I got a confirmation from NY that they receive the order. But this morning when I woke up I check my credit card app, it's showing I have two pending transaction. And then just 5mins ago, I received an email from Paypal for that first transaction which I double check with my PP app and see that there was indeed a transaction happened. Now I have to contact NY for it since I just have one order with them. I know it's very hard to get the attention of NY's customer service but I don't want to hit the 'report a problem' button on my Paypal or credit card so it will not jeopardize my paid preorder items at NY since they tend to cancel your accounts the moment you report or file something against them (as what members here posted from before).

So just a heads up to members who got that Paypal error, double-check your credit card pending transactions.

I've had NY double-charge me before. Got them to reverse the charge, however turns out they also cancelled the order (so I was only charged once, but no longer had an order in). 

Once I contacted them a second time, they put my order back in, still one charge, and I got my stuff.

So contact them, but keep track of what they do.

June 7 for the fast packs right? Just the normal web exclusive type thing so we can casually order from NY ect like with the missile set?

Chris

UGH...just paid the iron price at NY.

Sucks when you consider I got my 1J from Amazon Japan for $180. I really think I’m done with collecting 1/48’s after this. 

1 minute ago, UN Spacy said:

UGH...just paid the iron price at NY.

Sucks when you consider I got my 1J from Amazon Japan for $180. I really think I’m done with collecting 1/48’s after this. 

It would be awesome if enough Macross fans could somehow get enough people together to see if Bandai ( I know, wishful thinking) if they could at least increase the output and offer a staggered type of release. or reissue.

25 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I really can't say which one was worse... the VF-1A Max or the VF-1S DYRL Hikaru. I luckily got one of each through HLJ but with the long agonizing 20+ min spinning checkout process. Yet with the VF-1A Max on AmiAmi I wasn't able to get the page to load and it went straight to sold out. IIRC Amiami did have a 2nd window that night just like how the VF-1S did last night. For me, during the initial opening and after refreshing the page because it wouldn't take the update when I clicked on "Add to cart". I was eventually able to add the VF-1S to my cart and got as far as submitting payment and then it crapped out on me after 35+ mins of sitting on the checkout process. I completely missed the 2nd window at Amiami though.

For me, Max's 1A was the true nightmare. I was up all night and into the morning looking to secure that pre-order (before AJ came through).

The only other two Valkyries that I want at this scale are Kakizaki's TV 1A  and Roy's 1S. I'm very curious to see if Bandai will give us a TV Roy (which would be brilliant IMO) or if they will ignore that version and release the DYRL type like Arcadia. 

Just now, technoblue said:

For me, Max's 1A was the true nightmare. I was up all night and into the morning looking to secure that pre-order (before AJ came through).

The only other two Valkyries that I want at this scale are Kakizaki's TV 1A  and Roy's 1S. I'm very curious to see if Bandai will give us a TV Roy (which would be brilliant IMO) or if they will ignore that version and release the DYRL type like Arcadia. 

Those plus CF VF-1A would be nice, I stopped collecting for a while and missed out on the Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 variants, would love to a couple of DX versions.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

This happened to me, also during the first markup window, but I cancelled the order after getting the PayPal error four or five times. The order appeared cancelled in my order history. Then I put in an entirely new order which went through with no trouble the first time.

Then an hour later PayPal told me I'd paid N-Y again, and in my order history my cancelled order had been resurrected. So now I have two coming at 25,800 when I only wanted one. Don't want to get blacklisted by trying to cancel. Not sure what to do.

Got one off NY for the markup.  Tried last night and Amiami was crashing.  HLJ didn't put it up in the the I tried.  CD Japan posted it and it was gone.  This time it disappeared in mere seconds I think.

I agree that these should be MSRP 25000 yen, Maybe 23000 at preorder.

Edited by easnoddy

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've had NY double-charge me before. Got them to reverse the charge, however turns out they also cancelled the order (so I was only charged once, but no longer had an order in). 

Once I contacted them a second time, they put my order back in, still one charge, and I got my stuff.

So contact them, but keep track of what they do.

This happen to me too, i pay my order via paypal got error code once and then succeed paying them on the 2nd try. BUT 3 days later somehow paypal charge me again for that order. I only know about this because my CC issuer call me to confirm this transaction. So yeah, you should contact them immediately about stuff like this and double charge a transaction is a solid case for paypal dispute.

Got cart jacked on one site. Hlj had circle of death and kept timing out. 

Ended up payjng NY 300 shipped. Was on the fence about this one. I've already got a yamato. Would rather have scored a J when it was first out. Guess I could always sell 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Contact them immediately for case like this as this is a serious issue. You can submit a ticket then use their live chat to get their attention, this has happen to me too and it won't take long for them to refund you. 

22 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

This happened to me, also during the first markup window, but I cancelled the order after getting the PayPal error four or five times. The order appeared cancelled in my order history. Then I put in an entirely new order which went through with no trouble the first time.

Then an hour later PayPal told me I'd paid N-Y again, and in my order history my cancelled order had been resurrected. So now I have two coming at 25,800 when I only wanted one. Don't want to get blacklisted by trying to cancel. Not sure what to do.

Don't worry, this happened to me once also.  I opened a ticket with NY and they fixed it and refunded the double charge.  They did take a few days to respond if I remember correctly.

Edited by sumyumgoy

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

No, it was like 17k yen.  The 25k - 27k were the first and second markup waves.

no, their first listing price is 15.300 yen. then the entire site got blown up, i got a ticket to enter their site for trying to see my cart and i never see my cart until the item is listed as sold out.

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

No, it was like 17k yen.  The 25k - 27k were the first and second markup waves.

Oops sorry for the mistake, misread. Managed to add it to cart but was unable to check out.

Edited by Tenbatsu

1 minute ago, Rein+ said:

no, their first listing price is 15.300 yen. then the entire site got blown up, i got a ticket to enter their site for trying to see my cart and i never see my cart until the item is listed as sold out.

Yup, this was the first price.  I think someone even screen-shotted it if you want to go further back and find it.  

I believe this is basically "mirage" pricing done by NY, that only a tiny portion of people actually get, but it attracts a lot more people.  I know lots of us made it to the last step of checkout with that price, and got an error.

After I errored out, I still had it in my cart, but at the new marked-up price.  I decided to pass (I already had one at HLJ).

They know what they are doing, and it is some devious... stuff.

Weirdest thing ever!

This morning with all the madness we went through I got to Pre-order one from HLJ that never came through and one from NY which as many of you experienced, pretty much flunked as soon as they showed the webpage as that Non-available bullsh!t we know and love.. So a couple of minutes ago I signed in on NY because some on you guys mentioned still being available on and off( resolved to bite the bullet).. And behold there’s a reserved item in my “Cart” ready to get paid..!!? But! At the already upped price of ¥27000! Say whattt!?

i still bit the bulled and got it over with and purchased it $285 shipped. So about $120 more than the original price..minus th shipping on that price..

I'm saying this for everyone here. Check places like Yahoo Japan over the next 1.5 months on the VF-1S. If what I have seen for the VF-1A holds similar, then it will go down to about 23000Y. Maybe lower. Granted with proxy service and shipping that price will go up. But watching those that did get the item only to flip it will start competing with one another for a lower price point.

Still at a mark up of course....but not 27k plus shipping.