Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Yeah, I'd believe it.  It's just a mess.

I'm not even going to count on NY though, at least not so far as getting out the product anywhere near the release date.  Odds are, I'll wind up with the strike packs before NY manages to ship out all the orders.  I just really hope we all get surprised by stock freeing up around release date.  We're coming up on the VF-31E release, so we'll finally get to see whether the scalpers were over-zealous for a valk that won't sell well, or if we'll have another 31A mess of miniscule supply.

I learned my lesson with the VF-31A though, I'm not dealing with NY's nonsense refund system ever again.  I'll wait until I'm old and gray to get what I pre-paid for.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, I'd believe it.  It's just a mess.

I'm not even going to count on NY though, at least not so far as getting out the product anywhere near the release date.  Odds are, I'll wind up with the strike packs before NY manages to ship out all the orders.  I just really hope we all get surprised by stock freeing up around release date.  We're coming up on the VF-31E release, so we'll finally get to see whether the scalpers were over-zealous for a valk that won't sell well, or if we'll have another 31A mess of miniscule supply.

I learned my lesson with the VF-31A though, I'm not dealing with NY's nonsense refund system ever again.  I'll wait until I'm old and gray to get what I pre-paid for.

Yeah I got screwed on Ny system on my Link a while back.  Their after sales service is not good 

I got cart-jacked at amiami many times! HobbySearch went soldout in 2 sec!

I got one from NY around 40 min after pre order madness has open. The item link was broken for the first few seconds try it like 20 times before it works then I was able to complete the process, but I paid in full in advance 15,800 yen + 3,500 yen shipping with paypal! I don’t know if I had the option to pay later or not! Great price! I wasn’t able to get VF-1A last time... But I’m very happy at last!

4 hours ago, Double Spy said:

amazon sold out to scalpers, you can get one not shipped to USA for 40k Yen now.

Do you have proof it was scalpers?  Most Macross collectors will double and triple up.

4 minutes ago, 007-vf1 said:

My HLJ order is still  Adding up to Cart since 3:40 am or so..  it’s 8:25 am.. There’s still hopes folks!!

See I'm gonna feel really stupid if I find out that I closed it because I had to go to work. It was sitting at "Adding to cart" for three hours before I decided to close it and leave for work.

But I honestly wish you the best of luck @007-vf1.

Is the plan to release fast packs as a separate add on set, or will Bandai do a release that comes with a valk and fast packs together?

I was hoping Bandai would get around to the Vf-1S, but admittedly I've been more focused on the Hi-Metal R line that this DX release sneaked up on me.  I probably have no hope of getting one at regular MSRP.  I need a 1/48 replacement for my Yamato VF-1S Hikaru that started to discolor with age and light exposure.  Maybe I can get a Roy later?

I didn't even realize they were doing the 1S already.  I thought they just had the VF-1J and VF-1A announced.  Is the Roy preorder date announced yet?  As much as I detest this preorder madness, I'd likely try for him.   Still convinced Bandai enjoys leaving money on the table with how many they produce.  

Well, I failed getting one at the retail price. I think it may have been the first PO I failed to secure if I was trying when it opened. I would have had Amazon if they shipped to the US. I think I was one click away from being done with HLJ but have no idea if it would have gone through or not.

I went back to sleep and picked up one at the 2nd(?) NY markup after I got up. Once I get an order in for the Strike Pack I think I'll be done with Macross. I'm realizing that the VF-1 is the only VF model that I continue to desire to have in my collection year after year and two DX is all I have room for.  

Edited by Matt Random

Glad I got one one at AmiAmi...I THINK the trick was.....IF you were there right when it opened, was to not refresh when the loading screen was there and just let it work. As bad as this PO madness was, it still doesn’t hold a candle to the Max 1A PO. That one will go down in the history books.

Chris

I reckon if people are still interested in this or the  Max-1A, they oughta just wait until release-day to get one at MSRP.

Try not to reward the scalpers by preordering at their  ludicrous scalped pricing now or even after release-date.

Just let them suffer inventory-glut, I say.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I haven't failed this badly at PO night since the Frontier PO days.

This

2 minutes ago, treatment said:

I reckon if people are still interested in this or the  Max-1A, they oughta just wait until release-day to get one at MSRP.

Try not to reward the scalpers by preordering at their  ludicrous scalped pricing now or even after release-date.

This

20 minutes ago, Dobber said:

As bad as this PO madness was, it still doesn’t hold a candle to the Max 1A PO. That one will go down in the history books.

Chris

I thought this PO was harder than the last Max 1A one ... at least I secured a Max copy back then but not tonight. My only consolation is now my 1/60 Arcadia DYRL VF1S sitting with me now. Would have been nice to have added another 1/48 one to the collection but when I think of size and display space, I only really have space for one 1/48 only so not feeling so bad this time round on missing out.  Congrats to those who secured one ... know the feeling when you secure one ha ha    

Edited by Arakure Knight
grammar

7 minutes ago, treatment said:

I think that strategy may have backfired for the VF-1J. I know a lot of people were planning to wait, but I don't recall if anywhere had them available. Not to mention the stress of waiting and perhaps failing.

I can’t imagine how bad the PO madness is going to be for the Focker VF-1S. 

If it becomes a matter of paying N-Y 25,000 yen to PO one an hour after the madness, I would rather do that than let the scalpers profit. At least N-Y did give people a chance to PO at MSRP at the beginning. At least it deters scalpers from taking the last of the remaining quota they have. 

I got lucky last night, secured one at HLJ. Still no cancellation notice (and two different confirmation emails), so I'm going to assume it is pretty safe.  

The thing is, as I sit here at work with all of 3 hours of sleep, I still feel like I lost.  It sucks seeing so many other people not get anything (and I've been there, condolences to those who didn't get anything).  I don't feel like I did anything special, just the luck of the draw happened to be on my side this time.

Then I accidentally wander over to the Macross kits at HLJ.  Way, way cheaper, no pre-order madness.  They are even on sale!  I know they're not that same quality as a DX, but seriously... with the way I feel right now.  I might reconsider this whole thing.

Not making any decisions in this state, but I can't keep going with this line, the way things are.

Edited by HardlyNever

5 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

To those who got pre-orders in at retail pricing, congratulations.

Now the question is, to those who did not get an order in, do we order the super/strike parts later this week or not...

I am of the belief as far as I understand it that the strike parts will be easier to come by and yes this week.

I was going to bite the bullet and buy both the Max 1A and the VF-1S at the inflated markup on NY but I am still waiting on my missile order set to ship... is that normal for them?

PO madness with Max convinced me not to stay up for the VF-1S, but I did wake up at midnight and check my phone and I could see it was all going to crap so I stayed in bed and roiled over. :)

So now, I may skip buying at NY as I would be worried they are taking orders they will not be able to fulfill. Then I would have a ridiculous store credit I'm stuck spending at their store...

Hoping to grab one release day from of the other usual suspects.

Congrats to those who did score one!

5 minutes ago, Atomski said:

I was going to bite the bullet and buy both the Max 1A and the VF-1S at the inflated markup on NY but I am still waiting on my missile order set to ship... is that normal for them?

Same situation for me, regarding the missiles.  Did you order more than 1 set?  I think that might be what is holding them back.

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Same situation for me, regarding the missiles.  Did you order more than 1 set?  I think that might be what is holding them back.

No, just 1 set towards the end of the pre-order window BUT it was in the window .

Is it safe to think some will be available on release day? Tried this morning for half an hour while on my honeymoon for the PO and got cart jacked. If anyone has an extra they’d be willing to part with please let me know or if you see a restock popping up for around $250 please order it and shoot me a PM and I’ll send funds. Internet is very spotty while traveling.