Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

To say nothing of people who got kicked around in the queue up and down for the entire time they were waiting.

Not really upset exactly, just don't try and defend a system that flaky.  You won't help the situation, because people are already on edge from the frustration.

Agreed. A little empathy is nice :)

2 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Sorry to bring the bad news - it means its sold out and you won't be able to check out.

This happened to me last year when I bought a macross vf31 alto custom model kit.  Same verbage.  3 months later I get charged.  And delivered.  Just looking at the error message pisses me off.  

6 minutes ago, xrentonx said:

So what's your point? We can complain about a process that is still lacking right?

Not trying to discourage complaining at all. Just pointing out that "go into the website earlier" might not be the most helpful advice when the queue is broken.

Should be a lazy TWE order. 

I'm grabbing between two and five sets regardless of this mess.  Even if I never get Hikaru's 1S, I'd rather have the DYRL style packs to use on my 1J.

Suppose now we just wait and see if the scalper market winds up dying out when they can't sell their markups, and we get stock available at release.  I'm curious to see how Chuck's VF-31E release goes, because that was kind of the first in this new wave of ultra-scalper pre-order massacres.

Just now, MikeRoz said:

Not trying to discourage complaining at all. Just pointing out that "go into the website earlier" might not be the most helpful advice when the queue is broken.

Couple of quoted replies got crossed there, he wasn't commenting on your post, but the one you were replying to. :) 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 minute ago, MikeRoz said:

I was replying to the other dude. I agree with you here.

Pay Pal says I got one for $289 at NY.

I think I'm going to be sick.

That's like $100 over MSRP is it not?  I paid $260 for Hikaru's VF-1J but the was months after the preorder.  Shouldn't be paying these prices in the first hour of a preorder.  I don't why I ordered it.  I think it is just a feeling that I'm going to miss out of the VF-1S Roy type.  The one I really want and this might be the only VF-1S I have even a chance of getting even at a higher price.  Maybe Bandai will decide not to fill NY orders for their preorder price fixing.

Just now, Roy Focker said:

That's like $100 over MSRP is it not?  I paid $260 for Hikaru's VF-1J but the was months after the preorder.  Shouldn't be paying these prices in the first hour of a preorder.  I don't why I ordered it.  I think it is just a feeling that I'm going to miss out of the VF-1S Roy type.  The one I really want and this might be the only VF-1S I have even a chance of getting even at a higher price.  Maybe Bandai will decide not to fill NY orders for their preorder price fixing.

I feel the same way man. Had it in cart but decided against it. At least I paid retail for the GX-88. I’m not happy about the price but it’s better than the after market price

1 minute ago, eXis10z said:

Not seeing the point of complaining but be my guest if that helps with your current and future situation. :unknw:

Sounds good to me buddy.

2 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

These are my thoughts as well.... I missed and now the hype is driving it up. I do agree that we probably have to pay more.... but should be more careful in choosing a spot to fight in....

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I wonder if the Amiami split second availability is the result of them "moving" those items from the "special page" to a regular page on their site.

Possibly, but oddly enough, that was when I got my Max 1A preorder.  It was a tiny blip of a window late in the game, and it went through.

55 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Yeah, I am still at 602, down from 1301 when it started

Here is what I did.

Closed the browser

deleted history and cookies

went to NY main page (not the VF-1 link)

then search VF-1

from there I just added it and checked out.