Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, orindlt said:

I did get the confo email, so I guess that it went through at NY (or at least that they processed my payment)

Same exact thing happened to me. I think...we're good? Payment went through. Order

Missed out on the SOC Dairugger, but hopefully there will be other opportunities on that one...

I'm happy with my Yammies and Arcadias. I really don't need to collect 1.48 so the scalpers can go screw themselves. Also, Bandai's loss :)

Edited by xrentonx

1 minute ago, xrentonx said:

Agreed. Their new websites are bloated crap.

At least the old sites. You either got it or you didn't. There wasn't a lot of uncertainty at various points of the checkout process. You end up waiting for an hour not knowing if you got it or not.

Just now, MikeRoz said:

How long until N-Y starts taking orders at higher prices?

Tomorrow or later today. I wont go to them this time. I have 2 items awaiting for their release. I hear they bundle orders. I dont want to wait forever to get them.

9 minutes ago, moose said:

Has Amazon posted all I see are third party

If it was the same situation as the SOC GX-88, it was listed on Amazon.jp, and you could place it in your cart.

But it would NOT ship to the US.

Sucked. <_<

Edit:  Pretty much what NeoMatter said immediately above.

Edited by Mog

I do really hope that the shops like HLJ, NY, AmiAmi come out a way to determine which customer is genuine.

and give priority to long time customer.

Since is a pre-order Bandai actually can make base on demand. why make life so difficult?

They can penalize those cancel order and black list those...

NY countdown finally finished to a "your order is complete". I'm speaking at a Cloud Computing conference in Tokyo in December. I think I'm going to make snarky remarks about NY, HLJ and AmiAmi and the general inability to run a website that scales to demand.

Just now, erizai said:

I do really hope that the shops like HLJ, NY, AmiAmi come out a way to determine which customer is genuine.

Since is a pre-order Bandai actually can make base on demand. why make life so difficult?

Penalize and blacklist those who cancel (pre)orders? 

We really starting to get this cutthroat now? 

3 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I got cartjacked on every other major site in the time it took for HLJ's spinning wheel of death to tell me that the item in my cart was no longer available....

So what happens now? Mine still shows one in my cart, but can't go any further?

ya know?

not really trying to be THAT GUY, but you guys who got it from HLJ better be prepared to get their cancellation-email shenanigans.

hope they don't and that they got it all figured out, but it's been an ongoing HLJ-feature since their redesign.

8 minutes ago, orindlt said:

Remember when Shizuka the Cat would post links and we'd all get pre-orders and the world was awesome? Good times.

I think the Cat said she would be out and without Internet access for this session of preorder madness.

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I guess it would be quicker to ask who actually managed to snag one? Show of hands.

I was gunning for GX-88 and managed to sneak in an order for VV/Dairugger XV.

Edited by Mog

5 minutes ago, erizai said:

the problem with that is, some scalpers are long time customers too

Haven't posted in the forums for years... I got "no longer available" messages from AmiAmi & NY right at the end of the checkout process. Best thing that's happened to me.

Was going mentally insane trying to figure out how I was going to move hundreds of figures nested inside 3 ginormous displays/dioramas + 7 Detolfs for reflooring/renovations. Had a glimmer of hope like I was getting back in the game... I was going to splurge on some much appreciated figures that I missed out on too.

But now I'm liberated!!!

Gonna chuck everything onto the other floor... get the dam reno done and go climb a mountain or something.

Hee hee... good night!

3 minutes ago, treatment said:

ya know?

not really trying to be THAT GUY, but you guys who got it from HLJ better be prepared to get their cancellation-email shenanigans.

hope they don't and that they got it all figured out, but it's been an ongoing HLJ-feature since their redesign.

I'm not too familiar with this. Does HLJ tend to let you know relatively soon, or is it like on the day of release? 

Damn, HLJ. Im just trying to buy Figuarts Bulma and you error out on that? Great web design there. <_<

Edited by xrentonx