Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I'll just be going for one preorder so that everyone has a chance. I'm too old to stay up all night scouring the web for preorders and need to get up early for work. Being old also means I wake up multiple times in the night so I'll probably check-in then and see if I can get lucky. Oh yeah, being old also means I'm grumpy - YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

21 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I'll just be going for one preorder so that everyone has a chance. I'm too old to stay up all night scouring the web for preorders and need to get up early for work. Being old also means I wake up multiple times in the night so I'll probably check-in then and see if I can get lucky. Oh yeah, being old also means I'm grumpy - YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

I hear ya! Me too. But isn’t the demographic mostly old men on here haha. I know I am! At 41, it’s a labor of love to be doing this PO madness. Hoping to land the first 30 min and sleep, but 1A kept me up till 3:30AM MT last time before I landed so not expecting it haha.

Wife is out of town too so it’s going to be a rough Monday between work and single-parenting two kids under 6 haha.

Oh man, so much excitement and optimism in this thread before wailing and gnashing of teeth. People talking about "snagging two" as if one is guaranteed. I had one in my cart on two separate occasions the last time we went through this and secured exactly ZERO so I'm going to play the game but man are my expectations low.

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Oh man, so much excitement and optimism in this thread before wailing and gnashing of teeth. People talking about "snagging two" as if one is guaranteed. I had one in my cart on two separate occasions the last time we went through this and secured exactly ZERO so I'm going to play the game but man are my expectations low.

People might be hoping that the last PO was an anomaly and/or that quantities will be higher with this Valk being so popular in Japan for Macross.

After last time, I’m with you. Tempered expectations. It’s like going to gamble. Go in with a set amount that you’re willing to lose and then walk away content with that when you do. Anything you win is just bonus.

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

People might be hoping that the last PO was an anomaly and/or that quantities will be higher with this Valk being so popular in Japan for Macross.

After last time, I’m with you. Tempered expectations. It’s like going to gamble. Go in with a set amount that you’re willing to lose and then walk away content with that when you do. Anything you win is just bonus.

Pretty much this.  I'm not expecting to get two.  I'm not even expecting to get one at this point, unfortunately.  But for us on the east coast, we have to get up at 3AM to even attempt it.  You're not going to bother to do that if you don't think you at least have a chance at it.

So I'm going in with two as a goal, and would be perfectly happy with one.  I'll be disappointed if I get nothing, but unfortunately, not surprised.

The 31A was a TWE, placing orders was easy! Getting your orders is where things got hard. If you were ready on PO night for the 1J you could get multiples. The 1A ,on the other hand, is our most recent tape to measure by and that was a complete sh*t show. Just saying that some people might want to start tempering some expectations from "I'm getting two!" to "I'm hoping not to have to pay crazy mark-ups over the next couple weeks". I hope I'm wrong but lower expectations are the way to go.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Somebody seriously needs to make a meme that has Riggs and Murtaugh saying "We're not too old for this sh*t" and have a Macross Pre-Order Hell title and background or something. 

@derex3592

D6EBE937-C7DD-45E6-A797-F273E6CC1746.jpeg.57c795c2d6e222227c17b01148165bca.jpeg

47 minutes ago, jenius said:

I believe I had a VF-1A in my cart at every retailer except hobbysearch. Got cart jacked before payment screen EVERY SINGLE TIME lol 

My heart was broken so many times that morning :(

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

I actually like the previous two DX’s better so at the least just hoping this can be trade fodder or allow me to get those other two for a decent price after selling this one. I don’t know. Or I end up liking this one or not getting anything at all haha

7 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I have the app and it notifies me when new Macross product pops up. It was quick enough for me to get 1A in the cart last time....then cart jacked.

Have you found the JAN on this one yet?

I was hoping Nin Nin would have it like they did for 1 Max, but not this time.

The JAN code will become available on sites closer to 1600 JST. Imagine HS or Ami will provide us the JAN when their PO pages go up ahead of the PO start time.

So ninin, cdjapan, Amiami, NY, and HLJ are the places to order from right?

Jungle and Mandrake are exclusively for used valks, right?

I am heart broken from the Tv Max preorder. I tried for hours, for nothing. 

Just now, vlenhoff said:

So ninin, cdjapan, Amiami, NY, and HLJ are the places to order from right?

Jungle and Mandrake are exclusively for used valks, right?

I am heart broken from the Tv Max preorder. I tried for hours, for nothing. 

Yeah the TV Max preorder experience really bummed me out. I'm gonna try again tonight but this is the last time.

My expectations are low, and I don't blame others for just going to bed. I'm half-tempted to myself. I won't be heartbroken if I don't get it. Mainly, it's because I prefer the 1S in the yellow/black color scheme. Has much more childhood nostalgia for me, as I didn't discover DYRL until I was in college. Even if I manage to get this, I'll sell it as soon as Bandai announces the release of the other color scheme. In an ideal world, the yellow/black will be a Web exclusive and everyone who wants it will be able to preorder it. 

Edited by gingaio

52 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I was hoping Nin Nin would have it like they did for 1 Max, but not this time.

The JAN code will become available on sites closer to 1600 JST. Imagine HS or Ami will provide us the JAN when their PO pages go up ahead of the PO start time.

Yeah that’s where I got it last time as well. Was wondering if you happened to find it elsewhere. I’ll post here when I see it if someone doesn’t post first. It’s not a bad idea to have it even though I didn’t find it extremely beneficial last time.

I don’t know why everyone is so concerned about getting their VF-1S preorder. It’s easy, there will be a few stores offering it in stock for several days. Just pay the 100-150 dollar markup after they claim they sold out. :diablo:

(Sarcasm and frustration...in case I need to spell it out)

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, they posted a few days ago and listed here then.  Last time it had the JAN listed, but not this time.