Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, Double Spy said:

Thanks, I think that is what I meant to type in my head. lol

No problem!  I thought about leaving it unanswered so as to leave more odds for me to land a PO.  LOL.  If a bunch of lurkers came across your post, they may all be three hours late to the party and maybe a day early. :yahoo:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
fix my math

Woohoo, Loopaza shipped my missiles. Now to wait for Sunday night madness. With the VF-1S & GX-88 Vehicle Voltron going up at the same time, who's taking bets on how long it takes for the servers to crash?

On 5/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, Slave IV said:

Seemingly indefinitely. I’ve had things stored there for over a year with no problem when I finally shipped them. 

I've an order that I almost forgot about until like a year and a half later. When I requested shipping, it took a couple of weeks for them to ship the items, I was worried but everything came through at the end...just sharing.

Got my missiles today and am quite happy. These are my first Bandai missiles so I don't know if it is norm - the missiles are keyed so that they can only go onto the mounts (the things that hold the missiles in clusters) in one direction. There are three types of RMS missiles - left, right and single. The left and right differ in the direction of the RMS-1 printing (so that it is always upright). 

Now, I just need a VF-1S Hikaru for the UUM-7 boxes.

Jealous of all of you who bought the DX Missile set.  My work continues on modifying the Hasegawa model kit missiles and although they will look nice when finished, the amount of effort I've put in to get them to work just doesn't seem worthwhile.

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

That's really odd to have left and right individual clusters.. but whatever, Bandai will be Bandai. :p 

Good news for those waiting on CD Japan, got my notice that they shipped my sets today.  Should be here early next week.

It's not L & R clusters. It's L&R RMS-1s in each cluster. The RMS-1 missiles in the cluster have a side-mount unlike the Yamato's which I believe are top-mount. Without the L & R versions the RMS-1 label would be upside down on one of the missiles in each cluster which would lead to no end to the bellyaching.

6 hours ago, Matt Random said:

It's not L & R clusters. It's L&R RMS-1s in each cluster. The RMS-1 missiles in the cluster have a side-mount unlike the Yamato's which I believe are top-mount. Without the L & R versions the RMS-1 label would be upside down on one of the missiles in each cluster which would lead to no end to the bellyaching.

This has always amused me from a realism standpoint actually, because real world weapons mounts work exactly that way, and all the markings are upside down on one half of the plane, because they aren't labeled in both directions. :lol:  Of course, most real world weapons also don't have big logos like that that only face one direction. 

While I don't really mind the idea of the side mount, what that does mean is that all of the markings on the sides of the missiles should be facing downwards.  (Funny thing, they actually did this with the YF-19 RMS mounts.)

Weapons aren't manufactured with different sets of mounting lugs, just so you can see the logo on the side, so having the dual-pack RMSs mounted entirely different from the singles is.. well, in a word, wrong..  Not that Bandai is going to care anyway, and they're only copying Hasegawa, but I'm actually more surprised Hasegawa made the same mistake in the first place. :huh:

Really no biggie in the long run, I just always find it funny how stuff in Macross constantly straddles that line between "looks cool" and "looks like realistic military hardware."

I find it odd that I ordered Missiles from AJ on like Monday for only $10 more with shipping than I did during pre-order at NY with shipping, and I've received them from AJ already whilst NY is still showing "Preparation in progress." 

I'm in no rush, and I enjoy NY, but find it funny.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I find it odd that I ordered Missiles from AJ on like Monday for only $10 more with shipping than I did during pre-order at NY with shipping, and I've received them from AJ already whilst NY is still showing "Preparation in progress." 

I didn't even know they had gone up on AJ. NY must have like one warehouse employee who is out on vacation.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can't find any on AJ that ship to US. End up buying via proxy.

1 minute ago, drumondo said:

Do many of the Japanese retailers carrying the VF-1S ship internationally, or will I need to set up a Japanese mailing proxy?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm new to the pre-order mayhem.

Yes, all of the major ones ship internationally. Except depending...Amazon Japan. They have shipped the last two DX VF-1s to the US but that is no guarantee that they will do the same for this one. 

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yes, all of the major ones ship internationally. Except depending...Amazon Japan. They have shipped the last two DX VF-1s to the US but that is no guarantee that they will do the same for this one. 

Hello Slave IV, I recognize you from TFW! I just joined this forum because I’m   interested in these new Bandai DX VF-1’s. So far I’ve figured out that the price jumps quite a bit after the pre-order madness. I’m looking to join the madness for the VF-1S. And I buy Transformer MPs from Amazon Japan so I’m hoping I’m set up.

Is there any way to actually see the AJ listing before the pre-order goes live? And how long does it usually take before the price jumps? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Sorry one more question: Do the pre-orders usually sell out completely or does the price just go up? I noticed that the VF-1A Max custom on Nippon Yassan is still available but around 25,000 Yen. 

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me! 

Has anyone heard any rumours of Bandai doing a VF-1S Roy version? That’s my favourite colour scheme. 

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Hello Slave IV, I recognize you from TFW! I just joined this forum because I’m   interested in these new Bandai DX VF-1’s. So far I’ve figured out that the price jumps quite a bit after the pre-order madness. I’m looking to join the madness for the VF-1S. And I buy Transformer MPs from Amazon Japan so I’m hoping I’m set up.

Is there any way to actually see the AJ listing before the pre-order goes live? And how long does it usually take before the price jumps? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Sorry one more question: Do the pre-orders usually sell out completely or does the price just go up? I noticed that the VF-1A Max custom on Nippon Yassan is still available but around 25,000 Yen. 

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me! 

Has anyone heard any rumours of Bandai doing a VF-1S Roy version? That’s my favourite colour scheme. 

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to MW! This is definitely the place to be especially on preorder night because it will be very active with people sharing links and their successes and failures, lol!

For AJ, so far, my experience with the last two is that depending on the search you do, you should be able to find the item but it won’t be available to ship to the US right away and it seems like they are all 3rd party sellers. I don’t know if it’s because AJ already put it up and it got sold out that fast with 3rd party already turning the orders they got around for profit or if they are just other vendors with their own suppliers. Either way, if you keep watching the item, the hope is it will eventually be offered by AJ and available to ship to the US. For the last one, the Max VF-1A, that happened at about 6:30 pm jst so late as fu<# over here. 

AJ and NY will have the lowest prices if you can get an order through with them but if you don’t care about those savings, your best bet is to try on all the sites and get it wherever you can. 

It will be easy to get one after preorder madness if you are willing to pay a slight markup. There is also the chance that you can get one at original preorder price from amiami, HLJ or cdj later on or near release IF you are lucky enough to catch a cancellation at the right time when they release it to order again.