Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Jenius might have a point here. Since the missile set released is for DYRL VFs maybe we might get an official TV version with red nuke tips and appropriately colored missiles to match.

We can only hope. 

And i want the TV type arm packs to match, as part of another TV supers release. 
I really do hope they are released and bandai didnt just tease us with a prototype on the wall. :5:

I feel like I need to get one (Hikaru 1S) to represent it on anymoon but I'm much more partial to TV schemes. I don't mind having to be up and race to a site to grab one... I do mind when it starts getting so that you still can't get one even if you're ready and refreshing. Max TV VF-1A chase was BS, cartjacked twice, websites not functioning, and ending up empty-handed. I got one eventually but jeesh, I feel like my PO attempt for the Hikaru VF-1S will be like playing the lottery. I'm going to show up but I have about zero expectation of getting anything. 

Edited by jenius

13 hours ago, jenius said:

They could still surprise us with some markings on the Max TV VF-1A toy... though I doubt they will. The benefit for the Bandai release nickel and diming is that you don't need to buy stuff you don't want. Assuming you could get an Arcadia PF for 25K¥, but only wanted the valk and didn't care about supers or missiles, then Bandai's strategy sure seems a lot more appealing. For Hikaru's 1S, I think a full load out makes a ton of sense. For Max's TV VF-1A, I think a lot of people will be happy to get just the valk. Not sure many were able to secure it at 18K though to really enjoy the benefit of that strategy.

This.  Getting a valk is hard.  Peeps are happy just getting a valk.  I'll order the parts and missiles later when I get the vf-1s.  

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

No one ever walks away empty handed with Bandai at the helm. 

The frontier dx was so frustrating preorder madness that went away from dx line until HMR brought me back to Macross.  Didn't look at the 31 line because of that bs.  Peeps said 1j was not madness and good reviews so I went on Max dx and got cartjacked and crashing web sites.  

Preorder madness.  Preorder madness doesn't change.  

12 minutes ago, beatsing said:

The frontier dx was so frustrating preorder madness that went away from dx line until HMR brought me back to Macross.  Didn't look at the 31 line because of that bs.  Peeps said 1j was not madness and good reviews so I went on Max dx and got cartjacked and crashing web sites.  

Preorder madness.  Preorder madness doesn't change.  

FWIW I started with "pre-order madness" around 2016.  The 1/48 Max was the first time I got absolutely nothing.  Every other time I got at least one of what I was after (and I was usually only after one).  

I'm hoping the Max was just a fluke that happens to resemble what the Frontier stuff was like, but that isn't the new (old?) normal.  But I'm totally prepared to be wrong, and be let down again this time.  It's a shame, because I really like the 1/48 line, but I don't know if I can stay with it if it is only available to a lucky few at MSRP.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

FWIW I started with "pre-order madness" around 2016.  The 1/48 Max was the first time I got absolutely nothing.  Every other time I got at least one of what I was after (and I was usually only after one).  

I'm hoping the Max was just a fluke that happens to resemble what the Frontier stuff was like, but that isn't the new (old?) normal.  But I'm totally prepared to be wrong, and be let down again this time.  It's a shame, because I really like the 1/48 line, but I don't know if I can stay with it if it is only available to a lucky few at MSRP.

It was ridiculous during preorder madness for Frontier, cartjacking and sites showing up as sold out the instant the preorder starts and web sites crashing.  I'm not sure about delta, since I got turned off the dx line.

I've handled the dx 1j in person, and it's solid (except for the weird bar).  And since peeps said it was easy to get on preorder, I got on Max's preorder only for preorder madness.  IF Bandai makes the 1S widely available, that'd be cool.    

11 hours ago, Vi-RS said:

Yes, it's too high for me. It'd have looked much better if the clearance on the top and bottom is the same, IMO.

Not my best attempt, but you get the idea.

aa.jpg

That should be it. I don't know why Bandai's messing this up.

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

TV kakizaki over Hikaru DRYL. Strange but true, for me anyway. :lol:

Will stay away.:ph34r:

Good hunting to all. :good:

C'mon now, Seti. Everyone knows you're still going to get one. Trust me you will. :lol: 

5 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Jenius might have a point here. Since the missile set released is for DYRL VFs maybe we might get an official TV version with red nuke tips and appropriately colored missiles to match.

We can only hope. 

If they did it with their HMR release then there's a chance they might. ;) But at this point, we get first what they release instead of feeling sorry later on. :unsure:

5 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm not going to collect the whole line, but I want a 1S (got Hikaru's 1J at PO). This is the first 1S available, so it will be my first try at the preorder roulette ;)

The Strike Packs being a Tamashii exclusive are going to be a lot easier to secure at MSRP.

Just so you know Ignacio, the DX VF-31A is also a Tamashii Exclusive release. Yup, it was easy to secure, but was hard to get it. Not pulling your hopes down, my friend. Hahaha!  :p

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know Ignacio, the DX VF-31A is also a Tamashii Exclusive release. Yup, it was easy to secure, but was hard to get it. Not pulling your hopes down, my friend. Hahaha!  :p

Don't remind me about the 31A, I went with Nin Nin and they cancelled my order :lol:

Hikaru is my favorite character so his DYRL 1S is a must for me. Will order the Strike Packs through NY only as a last option. If they're available through another vendor, I'll go this route then ;)

30 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Don't remind me about the 31A, I went with Nin Nin and they cancelled my order :lol:

Hikaru is my favorite character so his DYRL 1S is a must for me. Will order the Strike Packs through NY only as a last option. If they're available through another vendor, I'll go this route then ;)

You're not the only one, Ignacio. Hikaru's the only reason why I'm in this Macross hobby. hehehe. :lol:

As for your 31A, you have to stay away from Nin-Nin then for your future purchases. j/k :p

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's subversion! They're subverting your expectations for a correctly placed skull emblem. Just like the last season of Game of Thrones, which everyone loved.

1 hour ago, bleecher said:

I was able to search the forum and see the differences between the TV and DYRL VF-1S, but have not been able to find the differences between the strike/super parts. Could anyone clarify or post pictures? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Different color and forearm armor is different. TV armors also have the UN Spacy kite instead of squadron specific emblems.

1424076935_tvarmor.jpg.cddd6d6e39a3acaeb9cd392564ef1594.jpg

1674794263_VF-1STVsuper01.jpg.7cd749acf3f7f2874a06adcd8a913426.jpg

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:
29 minutes ago, beatsing said:

major difference is the DYRL strike has the double shoulder cannon, vs the TV has missile things on the boosters.  The arm armor is a little different; the color is different, the insignia is different.  

What they said ... you gotta watch the show man..:p

6 hours ago, beatsing said:

major difference is the DYRL strike has the double shoulder cannon, vs the TV has missile things on the boosters.  The arm armor is a little different; the color is different, the insignia is different.  

Just want to mention that one of the DYRL boosters also have that micro missiles inside just like the TV's.

Since it’s s Tamashii Exclusive, it will be much easier to get.  Although it will be marked up, it won’t be as difficult to actually just get one in a cart and ordered.  I think for most, just getting one at the initial markup stage is the biggest challenge.  When you can’t even get it in the cart or it’s unavailable for a few days then the markups keep rising before you get one ordered.  In short, we will be able to get it ordered at an earlier stage.  

So for me, this is excellent news.

Edited by Ridden001

5 hours ago, Powered Convoy said:

So are both web exclusives or just the packs?

The Valkyrie is a regular release while the Strike/Super Packs are Tamashii Web Exclusive release.

Though I'm not sure if the SSP will go live at the same time as the Valkyrie.

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon now, Seti. Everyone knows you're still going to get one. Trust me you will. :lol: 

If they did it with their HMR release then there's a chance they might. ;) But at this point, we get first what they release instead of feeling sorry later on. :unsure:

Lol just making room for you to get one, noel! :p 
I will surely see you if bandai decides on a fokker release (if you are getting one that is!), but since that would be some time, am letting my wallet rest a bit...

Besides that, am only staying away from the VF-1S pre-order promos, cos the gravitational pull of a vf-1s pre-order gets stronger as time nears pre-order..:fool: