Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 hours ago, eggy99 said:

AE emailed to say my missile order is ready to ship. How long can AE hold items in storage for? It's not listed on their site anywhere.

Seemingly indefinitely. I’ve had things stored there for over a year with no problem when I finally shipped them. 

So here’s a question: I ordered a missile set ala carte from NY (got notified like everyone else above), but I had a second set in my cart that I forgot about when I landed the Max on PO night from there so it processed in the same order. Do they just set one aside in the warehouse for me until Max ships or are the missiles at risk of being cancelled? I pre-paid for that order.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience in that because Max is obviously months away.

Yep, if you order anything together then they will all ship when the last item is available. Doesn’t matter how long the first in stock item comes before. I’ve ordered in stock items with preorder items that won’t be in stock for months and they always ship together.  

33 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Thanks guys! I figured they wouldn’t separate the shipment but just curious if there would be a stocking issue with a TWE being released much sooner than the Max.

They will normally do their best to hold the package for you until the rest of your order comes in.  It mostly never fails, but there are time when they will mess up, even the best of stores will mess up from time to time.  examples:, your item while in hold area, gets damage from drop, flood, fire, crush, or even accidentally resold to another buyer (honest mistake, not due to increasing market price of your item or anything like that :p ).    When that happens what do you think they will do.  A simple refund or credit offer is the norm.  ,I think HLJ offered a 10% coupon or something along those line when it happen.  

Im not saying it will happen, but just something to consider when you preorder high demand items together with release dates that are months apart. 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

They will normally do their best to hold the package for you until the rest of your order comes in.  It mostly never fails, but there are time when they will mess up, even the best of stores will mess up from time to time.  examples:, your item while in hold area, gets damage from drop, flood, fire, crush, or even accidentally resold to another buyer (honest mistake, not due to increasing market price of your item or anything like that :p ).    When that happens what do you think they will do.  A simple refund or credit offer is the norm.  ,I think HLJ offered a 10% coupon or something along those line when it happen.  

Im not saying it will happen, but just something to consider when you preorder high demand items together with release dates that are months apart. 

Yeah, I picked up an extra set at AJ last night for not quite double the markup just in case. Better price than what is currently out and cheap (but fast and reliable) shipping. Worst case I get two sets, and best case I have three. Two is more than enough for what I want atm (though who knows how that will look another few months to a year from now depending on releases).

45 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Damn..i saw NY had the missiles for nearly double the price.

I suspect the strike packs will double the price as well

That seems to be the case period. I wouldn’t be surprised if Max releases almost double like what they currently have for pre-orders. Seems to be the trend.

I like to get this Strike Hikaru.

I'm not that sure if I still want to compete against the scalpers during PO nights anymore for a naked valk like it.

I prolly will compete more if the Strike-FPs (alongside missiles) are included in one single package with it  like the DX-YF19.

5 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

Damn..i saw NY had the missiles for nearly double the price.

I suspect the strike packs will double the price as well

What leads you to this conclusion? There are several people in this thread, me included, that got missile set orders in during the long window when the N-Y price for the missile set was pretty close to MSRP.

I'd expect the S/SP to follow the same pattern - MSRP during the pre-order window, then slowly rising after it closes.

29 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

What leads you to this conclusion? There are several people in this thread, me included, that got missile set orders in during the long window when the N-Y price for the missile set was pretty close to MSRP.

I'd expect the S/SP to follow the same pattern - MSRP during the pre-order window, then slowly rising after it closes.

he's not talking about preorder prices or window.  He's talking about the possibility of Super/strike packs jumping in price like the Missiles set just after release.  

These missiles sets pretty much double right after release, that is not a normal pattern of slowly rising.

People still discuss on the price creep of web exclusive. Again.

Buy the accessories during pre order. Bandai never reissue web exclusive for Macross. All web exclusive add on increase in price except anything draken (262 is really poorly received)

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Every time there’s a TWE that I want, I usually take care of it early.  Just set it and forget it.

Works fine, except for when Bandai for some reason can't properly estimate production numbers from the number of pre-orders they receive. <_< 

I usually wait until the last minute for TWE items. So far, it has worked out well except missing out on the 31A from NY at their discounted price. I'd rather not hand out free loans for as long as possible. Reminds me, I should order the 31 Armor set soon.

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I usually wait until the last minute for TWE items. So far, it has worked out well except missing out on the 31A from NY at their discounted price. I'd rather not hand out free loans for as long as possible. Reminds me, I should order the 31 Armor set soon.

I 100% agree with that thinking... but I never do it. I think I'm just too worried I'll forget to get an order in and end up paying a mark-up.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I 100% agree with that thinking... but I never do it. I think I'm just too worried I'll forget to get an order in and end up paying a mark-up.

Haha, yeah. It did bite me in the ass on the 31A but I was lucky to get an order in elsewhere for just slightly more. I've only seen one other item I really wanted that sold out earlier than about a month before release. Even the DX Missile set was still available at regular price from NY not too long ago.

What I do is keep the items in a the watch list and check them once in a while. If the timing feels close enough and the exchange rate is good and/or I have a discount code, I try to buy when it is at the lowest price I can get. Kinda like stocks, lol.

Was the 31A the last Valk TWE? If so maybe they’re scared off of doing valks now because they can’t handle the demand. So they stick with these “small” production runs instead, which more or less let the scalpers dictate the market. 

Chris

34 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Well, I said I wasn't going to get the Hikaru Strike, but my resolve has already worn away. Looks like I'll be there with the rest of you for the PO madness.

At least I have the missiles for it.

I feel you. It’s gonna be hard getting Voltron and the VF-1S. Definitely going harder for the VF-1S since voltron will most likely be coming state side