Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I just started comparing the fighter side profile equipped with packs against the YamArcadia and Hasegawa kits since I kind of got bothered on how gappy the section between the back plate to the packs compared with the other models. And not sure if the back plate really need to be recessed like that when the packs are equipped.

*Middle photo courtesy of @jenius 's Anymoon site.

dx_1-48_VF1S_hikaru.jpg.3cebf212e9115cf2a80bc61a7e918a06.jpg

The backplate cover doesn't sit flush with the rest of the body. On all three of my 1Js I'm always inadvertently pushing that plate down when handling, which leaves a slight depression on the back. 

None of my Yamato or Arcadia units have this issue. Always two steps forward, one step back with Bandai. 

36 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Would these be any easier to get in Japan if you have a local connection than a PO?

Depends. Some places like Rural areas are super easy to get PO's but if you're in larger cities it could be a problem. Even then it's a crapshoot.

During VF-1A madness my friend who lives in Gunma (pretty Rural BUFU) had his wife goto their Yamada Denki (kinda like Yodobashi Camera but in Rural areas) .

That big store only got an allotment of 3, and they got the last one at 4:15PM JST , so even there it sold out in 15 minutes. (Press "F" for his unimpeded macross collecting btw, since she now knows how much they cost lol) 

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

The photos are just flipped to give a consistent comparison. :lol:  No reason for the lettering to be backwards.

But yeah, there's no photoshopping or major gap there.  The back panel on the DX VF-1 can easily be pushed in.  The "resting" position can actually be tweaked a little by adjusting the fold-out locking mechanism hidden under it.  The rearward antenna is even spring-loaded to allow the backpack to get closer, so there should be plenty of clearance for that back panel to be pushed up flush with the chest plate.

I am really glad to see the boosters will have more support than just locking into the backpack though.  The position looks good, and really happy to see the DX won't have the same issues that the Yamato 1/60 did with the bending tails and scratched paint.

Doh flipped pic! :blink: Thanks for pointing that out chronocidal!  
Wondering decades of looking at the lettering, and i missed it being flipped!  Turns out its all noel's doing! :lol:

I do wonder if the weight of the boosters on the back would inadvertently push the back panel down, but i think that's easily adjusted like you said.
Didn't occur to me (or i didn't really check) that there was any issues with the back panel lowering down in my current 1J copy.  

6 hours ago, treatment said:

Why/what for is this feature?

Is it supposed to make it rotate to a side position or what?

In my mind, the round shape connecting the strike cannon always rotates the cannon, and no further bend is needed anywhere else on the pack. 
It is what it is....

7 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

One is enough for me, hope I can secure it at PO price.

Sigh wished it was a P-bandai for this one.:huh:

12 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Doh flipped pic! :blink: Thanks for pointing that out chronocidal!  
Wondering decades of looking at the lettering, and i missed it being flipped!  Turns out its all noel's doing! :lol:

It's all part of the plan, my friend. You fell for it. And that alone is already satisfying. :hi:

giphy.gif

:rofl:

Edited by no3Ljm

I'll probably wait a long time to ship my missiles from AE. I'm in no rush and my 1Js are still not on display. Plus I need to allocate money to other purchases.

The more pictures I see the more tempted I am to get a DYRL 1S Hikki and a set of FAST packs for that iconic DYRL scene, but if I have to pay up front I can't afford it right now so my only options are HLJ, CDJ and Ami. If I miss this then the decision is made for me. :p

4 hours ago, jenius said:

It's in the wild?

Yeah, mine were delivered today.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Is this showing a comparison between Bandai, Yamato, and Hasegawa? If so, can someone point out which is which?

Hasegawa's are on the left, Yamato's are in the middle, and Bandai's are on the right.

47 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Any word on if these Bandai Super Parts have internal detail, like Yamato’s do?

The pic from the tamashii nations display certainly had the prototype showing removable leg covers. However I don’t see any promos talking abt it..

2E681D21-510E-427B-A9D9-4C45E5DF655F.jpeg.90ca365488b87ca4506842c7c007790c.jpeg

The supers only had a diagram which shows the internals...

BB7E76AE-8390-4FC1-9B52-ED0C743F544C.jpeg.5dcbcc42371082a61ac9452e3bc46d91.jpeg

I hope bandai includes the pop off covers. Not difficult to implement and Yamcardia can certainly do it ...

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

What is the pre-order for the Hikaru 1-S?

June 3.

22 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

More evidence of June 3.  Posted on another board by @flapjacks .  I'm sure we'll have official announcement soon enough, but knowledge is power, amiright?

20190524_163913.jpg

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

June 3.

Here we ago again. Do I sleep early and set the alarm for about 30 minutes to time, or just accept the fact that scalpers will inundate the websites and purchase 90% of them?

Looking at the VF-1A, I'm seeing the price go down for those selling thier pre-orders. But I dont know how reliable the sources would be.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I just started comparing the fighter side profile equipped with packs against the YamArcadia and Hasegawa kits since I kind of got bothered on how gappy the section between the back plate to the packs compared with the other models. And not sure if the back plate really need to be recessed like that when the packs are equipped.

*Middle photo courtesy of @jenius 's Anymoon site.

dx_1-48_VF1S_hikaru.jpg.3cebf212e9115cf2a80bc61a7e918a06.jpg

To be quite frank too much tampo printing for me or should i say everything relating the markings looks out of proportion:

- Kite-Logo on the fuselage is too big as has been with the VF-1J

- 001 is too big

- the fonts in general are to bold especially in small writing

- UN SPACY wording on legs, super parts should be a few point smaller

Further there are some markings, which i find unnecessary (white marking underneath the red arrow on the shoulder,  UNS  SDF on the upper leg part). 

As mentioned earlier the small skull emblem on the fuselage is missing!

I think the Hasegawa Model kit has the perfect proportions as far as the marking goes!

I’d rather have a good proportioned decal set and be able to decide which markings i want to put on! 

Just my 2 cents!

22 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

What missile arrangements are you guys goin for? I like the yellow ones or the combo of yellow and the 5 square pod ones.

Here's the set-up I would like to have for my Hikaru's. And this is if Bandai will also release his VF-1A. ^_^

VF-1A
dx_vf1a_missile.jpg.76f08b3953de1eff91fdfc008b5532da.jpg

VF-1S
dx_vf1s_missile.jpg.d045f40fdc173620b65f4bf06a43bf2e.jpg

And since this release does have that Ultimate Premium Finish look, I wish Bandai will also include some other option parts (besides the custom marking for the boosters) to have it like this:

Black/Grey Head Turrets
dx_vf1s_head.jpg.41f96c795d55f82ab9c1edf7f1d196de.jpg

Black Heatshield
dx_vf1s_heatshield.jpg.1bc996dbd184a47d3061c8d6a644476b.jpg

Good thing the SSP Pack comes with different Skull markings so we can do this:
dx_vf1s_booster.jpg.b0a807b47db32759279c1d4c124850f5.jpg

13 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

Gelgoog Jaeger from 0083 in robot damashii form!

The Jaeger's actually from 0080. The Gelgoog is hands down my favorite Zeon mech, and 0083 my favorite Gundam show. I haven't collected the 0080 Damashiis, but I might pick up the Jaeger just because. If Bandai releases the Gelgoog Marine from 0083, I'd be over the moon. 

11 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

I like that dudes enthusiasm although I don’t understand him.

That dude, Wotafa, is a typical Japanese reviewer; he talks a lot, but doesn't say much.  <_<

Just imagine the most painfully obvious thing to say in each instance, and you'll know exactly what he's saying.  :p

As to the VF-1S missile loadout:

712975420_HikarusVF-1S.thumb.jpg.6a0c3e5bb96271ae63e894e693950515.jpg

Micro-missile pods are all you need.  B))

Edited by tekering

4 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Are wings spread/deployed normally in battroid mode?

If you’re planning on putting some missiles to it, then yes. Since the wings will not have any clearance to close with missiles on it.

But in default, the wings should be closed.

Edited by no3Ljm