Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Ok. I just started comparing the fighter side profile equipped with packs against the YamArcadia and Hasegawa kits since I kind of got bothered on how gappy the section between the back plate to the packs compared with the other models. And not sure if the back plate really need to be recessed like that when the packs are equipped.

*Middle photo courtesy of @jenius 's Anymoon site.

dx_1-48_VF1S_hikaru.jpg.3cebf212e9115cf2a80bc61a7e918a06.jpg

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

:friends:

Planning on adding this to your museum, JVM? How many if ever? Like my plan on these 1/48 line, I'm sticking with two. Can't wait for Bandai to finish it with Hikaru's VF-1A esp with slight modification to Max's 1A head. It's a done deal. ;) 

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. I just started comparing the fighter side profile equipped with packs against the YamArcadia and Hasegawa kits since I kind of got bothered on how gappy the section between the back plate to the packs compared with the other models. And not sure if the back plate really need to be recessed like that when the packs are equipped.

*Middle photo courtesy of @jenius 's Anymoon site.

dx_1-48_VF1S_hikaru.jpg.3cebf212e9115cf2a80bc61a7e918a06.jpg

It looks like the Bandai toy has been photoshopped in that scan... there's a big step down at the chest that doesn't exist on the toy. 

It definitely could be a bad photoshop job.  But I noticed nothing really locks the back plate in place on the DX 1/48, even in fighter mode (it can only go so far, but there is definitely room for it to move).  So it may have fell down, and they didn't correct it, and took a picture of it.  Or worse, there is something about the super pack that requires it being recessed like that.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

It looks like the Bandai toy has been photoshopped in that scan... there's a big step down at the chest that doesn't exist on the toy. 

It's the backplate cover with the antennas that's been pushed down too much.

When level the space will be less.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This is me getting excited after seeing this annoucement:

tenor.gif

And this is me after seeing that announcement only to realize the never-ending spending:

tumblr_ms2txl9IU31sf2r8jo1_400.gif

:rolleyes:

The white subtitle has my approval. :good:^_^

Ha! The most appropriate one since it's the actual Hikaru VF-1S destroying a wallet. ^_^ Nice one! :good:  

Oh so lovely. With all those tampos, I think this will be a great 'Ultimate Premium Finish' centerpiece display. :wub:

Only one more Hikaru Valk and I'm ready to stop this line. ;) 

Hey wmkjr. The YamArcadia also have that extension feature on their Strike Cannon Booster.

C'mon now JVM. :lol: 

giphy.gif

:lol::good:

Were the UNSpacy on the leg packs supposed to be backwards as per hase and yamcardia? I forget...

I can vaguely remember the discussion before for the gunpod unspacy orientation but can’t recall if anything was discussed for the leg packs..

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Were the UNSpacy on the leg packs supposed to be backwards as per hase and yamcardia? I forget...

I can vaguely remember the discussion before for the gunpod unspacy orientation but can’t recall if anything was discussed for the leg packs..

The photos are just flipped to give a consistent comparison. :lol:  No reason for the lettering to be backwards.

But yeah, there's no photoshopping or major gap there.  The back panel on the DX VF-1 can easily be pushed in.  The "resting" position can actually be tweaked a little by adjusting the fold-out locking mechanism hidden under it.  The rearward antenna is even spring-loaded to allow the backpack to get closer, so there should be plenty of clearance for that back panel to be pushed up flush with the chest plate.

I am really glad to see the boosters will have more support than just locking into the backpack though.  The position looks good, and really happy to see the DX won't have the same issues that the Yamato 1/60 did with the bending tails and scratched paint.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well the trap door on the back could just be that it was mis-transformed.

What really irks me is the use of the crossbar to support the booster and strike weapon. It’s just looks so uninspired.

Plus, I think there could have been a much more elegant solution made for the arm attachments. I have always disliked those tabs. They seem to break up the flow of the arms and arm armor.

Oh well, that won’t stop me from buying at least one.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Planning on adding this to your museum, JVM? How many if ever? Like my plan on these 1/48 line, I'm sticking with two. Can't wait for Bandai to finish it with Hikaru's VF-1A esp with slight modification to Max's 1A head. It's a done deal. ;) 

Yep....wish it were a combo set instead....will try for 3....will be ok with 1....really like the sculpt on the -1S head....wonder if they will do a TV and DYRL Roy...can’t tell if the “white” color is any different from the Hikaru -1J

Just now, jvmacross said:

Yep....wish it were a combo set instead....will try for 3....will be ok with 1....really like the sculpt on the -1S head....wonder if they will do a TV and DYRL Roy...can’t tell if the “white” color is any different from the Hikaru -1J

If they're going to share that same 'white' color, I'll die happy. :good:

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

Why/what for is this feature?

why-for-what.jpg.aaf27f1683cd32e7cd899cb53b371c12.jpg

Is it supposed to make it rotate to a side position or what?

It looks like it's just an extension joint so that the strike cannon can come further down over the shoulder, so that it would be parallel to the floor, rather than having it slightly tilted upward, as seen in the first picture.

Most likely to preserve lineart accuracy for Fighter and Gerwalk mode, but allowing for a larger "bend" during battroid.

40 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yup, thankful that someone (Bandai) knows what white should really look like! 

Bandai doesn't know it too. Have you check your DX VF-1J? It's not even 'white', right? :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, treatment said:

Why/what for is this feature?

why-for-what.jpg.aaf27f1683cd32e7cd899cb53b371c12.jpg

Is it supposed to make it rotate to a side position or what?

Yamato/Arcadia packs also have the same kind of extension joint. Though from the looks of it, Bandai kind of over-engineer it again. ^_^