Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, and to have the complete strike valk, you have to be successful at not just one, but two POs....

On a different-but-related topic, aren't the DX missiles supposed to be released tomorrow? At least that's what NY's website is telling me.

The fast/strike parts will be TWE so you really just need to focus on 1 preorder.

Yes, the official missile release date is set on 05-24-19 JST.  

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000131194/?_ga=2.118576577.935259971.1558656469-1153786777.1549108827

46 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Just noticed.....with all the Tampo printing it has, including the previously missing ejection seat warning triangles, they did mis one thing. It’s missing the black Skull Squadron badge that goes below the rear canopy frame. :fool:

Chris

Always two steps forward, one step back with Bandai. 

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

What is wrong with me. I trimmed my 1/48 collection down to just a couple of low vizs 1/2's and the stealth, because I "needed the display space" , and now I'm going to be putting more 1/48's back in....

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Firstly: You're in the wrong hobby to start from in the first place..

Secondly: We're here to enable you to go down deeper into the rabbit hole and there's is no way out.

Thirdly: Purge yourself from this forum and avoid anything related to Macross.

* As if it will happen?? NOT!! :lol: *

You forgot to mention that they could always move to a larger place for more display and storage space.  :yahoo:

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, and to have the complete strike valk, you have to be successful at not just one, but two POs....

On a different-but-related topic, aren't the DX missiles supposed to be released tomorrow? At least that's what NY's website is telling me.

Don't forget the DX missile set, so you can recreate the penultimate scene from the movie. Bandai isn't pulling any punches for a full DYRL loadout.

• Hikaru's 1S - 19800 JPY
  • DX Super Strike Parts - 8800 JPY
  • DX MIssile Set - 3996 JPY

Premium level achieved. Oy vey! 

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Just noticed.....with all the Tampo printing it has, including the previously missing ejection seat warning triangles, they did mis one thing. It’s missing the black Skull Squadron badge that goes below the rear canopy frame. :fool:

Chris

This

What's that cradle in the middle of the page? A display stand adapter? I'm bummed they are relying on a support piece for the backpack boosters instead of building a locking mechanism into the backpack hinge.

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

What's that cradle in the middle of the page? A display stand adapter? I'm bummed they are relying on a support piece for the backpack boosters instead of building a locking mechanism into the backpack hinge.

Looks like a fighter mode stand adapter. Probably necessary since the legs are in a different position.

11 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Looks like a fighter mode stand adapter. Probably necessary since the legs are in a different position.

If you're referring to the bottom row, third picture from the left, the caption describes exactly that - a fighter mode adapter for the SSP due to the different angle of the thrusters when the conformal tanks are on.

50 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I hope Bandai is reading this topic and will make a small Minmay to fit in the valkyrie's hand. Also a battle damaged VF-1S for Max.

I think this is more of a  “Bandai wish list” thread comment:p

It specifies that there are interchangeable logo parts, Red for Hikaru, Black for Focker, Blue for Max and Green for Kakizaki. And that the parts will be compatible with other VF-1 releases.

Also VF-1S is a normal in store purchase (Amazon etc.) and the Strike / Super parts are a Premium Bandai exclusive.

Edited by That one dude

1 hour ago, That one dude said:

It specifies that there are interchangeable logo parts, Red for Hikaru, Black for Focker, Blue for Max and Green for Kakizaki. And that the parts will be compatible with other VF-1 releases.

Also VF-1S is a normal in store purchase (Amazon etc.) and the Strike / Super parts are a Premium Bandai exclusive.

So if anyone wants movie-colored strike parts at any time in the future, this seems to be the time to stock up.

I wonder if bandai will still release a TV style SP for the arms....there were schematics of it at TN 2018 ....

Furthermore there is a 3D printed prototype hanging on the wall...

tamashii2-35.jpg.9fb387bce82ce2f051c97c237e67bf03.jpg

or will it be in this SSP release....which i dont see it advertised or mentioned...

Gah...bandai this is too much nickel and dime'ing like david mentioned

Edited by seti88

If the Strike Parts have interchangeable symbols for all of Skull Squadron, are people going to prebuy several of them now and hope to nab some valks later?

I really hope they do some of skull squadron as P-bandai :0

Seems to be the general idea. So basically everyone will have to buy 4 -5? sets of SSP, in anticipation if you want all your valks to be equipped.

I mean would you trust bandai to release SSP's everytime there is a 1/48 VF-1 release?

Sucky merchandising work bandai!:touche:=@

Edited by seti88

I’d be worried that I couldn’t get a Valk  to go with the Fast Packs. The Valks are ridiculously hard to get. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

3 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I’d be worried that I couldn’t get a Valk  to go with the Fast Packs. The Valks are ridiculously hard to get. 

Chris

I'm noticing here,Mandrake and buyee( shipping hurts the wallet) have a decent recurring flow if VF-1J 1/48.s

I'm interested in seeing the VF-1As shortly after release. I'm confident there will be a decent window where you'll be able to pick 1 up for a reasonable, albeit still more then original MSRP.

That pose is macrossrific.

I haven't ordered web exclusives before.  Do you just order off bandai's web page, or go through a proxy, or buy from retailers like NY?  I usually just collect the main characters and skip the web exclusive variants.  

34 minutes ago, beatsing said:

That pose is macrossrific.

I haven't ordered web exclusives before.  Do you just order off bandai's web page, or go through a proxy, or buy from retailers like NY?  I usually just collect the main characters and skip the web exclusive variants.  

The web exclusives only ship to Japanese addresses.  So you need either a proxy address/service, or just buy from one of the usual online retailers, with an associated middle-man mark up (that's what I do).  The web exclusives usually have much larger pre-order windows (weeks, even months sometimes).  

To be clear, I think only the super/strike parts are web exclusives.  The valk itself is a normal release, thus pre-order madness (again).  This might be worse than the Max VF-1A, if that is even possible...

I'm hoping the popularity of DYRL in Japan means Bandai is making more of this valk than the Max TV 1A.  Shouldn't a preorder date be coming up soon?

I am just hoping to get one and it may be easier to just wait for NY's inevitable second round preorder markup. 

Good question about the Super/Strike parts....does one just go ahead and get enough now to outfit all the DYRL characters? 

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

The web exclusives only ship to Japanese addresses.  So you need either a proxy address/service, or just buy from one of the usual online retailers, with an associated middle-man mark up (that's what I do).  The web exclusives usually have much larger pre-order windows (weeks, even months sometimes).  

To be clear, I think only the super/strike parts are web exclusives.  The valk itself is a normal release, thus pre-order madness (again).  This might be worse than the Max VF-1A, if that is even possible...

I'm hoping the popularity of DYRL in Japan means Bandai is making more of this valk than the Max TV 1A.  Shouldn't a preorder date be coming up soon?

Thanks for the reply.  I think that's partly why I skip web exclusives - the markup, and they're typically not the main characters - though this time it's Hikaru's famous ride.  

So I might be buying the strike/super parts and not even have the ride?! They better make more of this valk.  That Max 1a ticked me off.  

Not sure when the preorder date is.  Max's was in April for September release, so unless someone knows the date, probably June for November?  That's another week or so.  

31 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

So the idea being illustrated by a wallet getting obliterated by an Itano Circus is too subtle? :unknw:

It just fits the part where it cuts to him and his lips move.

but yeah, it’s such a terrible idea that the one who suggested it should be chastised :p

As for preorder day, I saw someone mention June 3 is supposed to be Bandai Day and a bunch of preorders are going up including Dairugger, DX 1S, SHF stuff...no idea how reliable the person who mentioned it is with this info. 

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

As for preorder day, I saw someone mention June 3 is supposed to be Bandai Day and a bunch of preorders are going up including Dairugger, DX 1S, SHF stuff...no idea how reliable the person who mentioned it is with this info. 

Yeah, I'm thinking the pre-order for this might be June 3rd, which is also my son's expected due date...

But either of those things are open to change. :p

2 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the pre-order for this might be June 3rd, which is also my son's expected due date...

But either of those things are open to change. :p

Haha, if it is June 3, at least you know you will be up late no matter what (unless you pass out early):D

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So the idea being illustrated by a wallet getting obliterated by an Itano Circus is too subtle? :unknw:

Hikaru blasted the wallet, as the wallet dodged the circus. 

I.e. You can run but you can't hide from a fully tampoed 1/48 VF-1S blasting your wallet to smithereens. 

Ok. Ahem. Carry On.

Edited by seti88

On 5/23/2019 at 4:08 AM, eXis10z said:

Can't tell on my mobile but supposedly higher res scans. 

E21F8EB4-0929-4A45-B61C-C02887ABDA65.jpeg

465DCE33-457E-4060-A079-637B3717FDA5.jpeg

E849338B-F187-4F07-A516-0EA84D392AAA.jpeg

31537499-0A6D-481A-9A04-EDD142D5D642.jpeg

This is me getting excited after seeing this annoucement:

tenor.gif

And this is me after seeing that announcement only to realize the never-ending spending:

tumblr_ms2txl9IU31sf2r8jo1_400.gif

:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

@no3Ljm

Hope you don't mind, the suggester modified the gif with three versions:

White Subtitles

fnZQPMa.gif

:D

The white subtitle has my approval. :good:^_^

21 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Got one for the Hikaru VF-1S:

qkakKJ1.gif

Ha! The most appropriate one since it's the actual Hikaru VF-1S destroying a wallet. ^_^ Nice one! :good:  

3 hours ago, Anomaly said:

70999596_DX_ChogokinVF-1S(Hikaru)-Adv-Fr-Magz-2.jpg.bb253f444deb016120f9918a501b1326.jpg

1926844229_DX_ChogokinVF-1S(Hikaru)-Adv-Fr-Magz-1.jpg.c6249e3a6727f5a766d41e5f372bb54f.jpg

Oh so lovely. With all those tampos, I think this will be a great 'Ultimate Premium Finish' centerpiece display. :wub:

Only one more Hikaru Valk and I'm ready to stop this line. ;) 

23 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Valk looks nice. Slight price increase though not too bad. Interesting that the strike canon has an extension to make it flatter.

Hey wmkjr. The YamArcadia also have that extension feature on their Strike Cannon Booster.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

C'mon now JVM. :lol: 

giphy.gif

Edited by no3Ljm