Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If Bandai releases the Zentradi suit, I hope it doesn't come with an oversized zipper.  I actually like the custom suit with velcro.

38 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I have been thinking about that too, and agree with using Velcro over zipper, which was oversized, and prone to breaking anyway.

I am in the process of checking out the viability of producing this in small quantity. If all works well, changing the zipper to Velco is possible.

I just caved and ordered one at Nippon-Yasan, so I guess the second waves of pre-orders will be announced any second now. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I've missed out on every DX Macross release because I keep thinking I'll just wait and get it at retail eventually, and it never happens. I'm just tired of missing out.

9 minutes ago, Phangry said:

I just caved and ordered one at Nippon-Yasan, so I guess the second waves of pre-orders will be announced any second now. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I've missed out on every DX Macross release because I keep thinking I'll just wait and get it at retail eventually, and it never happens. I'm just tired of missing out.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The main DX Frontier valks go reissues (except the blue one) but took years.  

For those unfamiliar with DX Frontier line, the vf-25g was blue frontier that didn't get reissued. same with the rvf-25 green radome frontier valk i think . so Hikky 1j will probably get a reissue since alto is basically Hikky colors, and Roy since Bandai reissued the 25s (same color as Roy)  

12 minutes ago, beatsing said:

For those unfamiliar with DX Frontier line, the vf-25g was blue frontier that didn't get reissued. same with the rvf-25 green radome frontier valk i think . so Hikky 1j will probably get a reissue since alto is basically Hikky colors, and Roy since Bandai reissued the 25s (same color as Roy)  

Actually I wouldn’t mind exchanging a Max 1A with a 25G renewal + super pack if anyone may have a spare set to trade... 

15 hours ago, beatsing said:

I've thought about this too.  Just pay, throw money and not stress out.  But there's a limit to what I can afford, and also if I could, I can't justify it.  Perhaps your wives are more cool.

My wife is reaching her limit. It's not just about the money for her. She's seen how the PO madness has gotten progressively worse over the past year, how I get increasingly stressed out each time a new DX is about to drop, how hard I have to work to acquire them after I get screwed on PO days, and how all of this is decreasing my enjoyment of the hobby. She keeps pointing at the unbuilt Plamax 1/20 Gerwalk kit sitting in my home office right now and saying, "why don't you go build that behemoth instead of worrying about getting more valkyries at scales you already own?"

13 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

My wife is reaching her limit. It's not just about the money for her. She's seen how the PO madness has gotten progressively worse over the past year, how I get increasingly stressed out each time a new DX is about to drop, how hard I have to work to acquire them after I get screwed on PO days, and how all of this is decreasing my enjoyment of the hobby. She keeps pointing at the unbuilt Plamax 1/20 Gerwalk kit sitting in my home office right now and saying, "why don't you go build that behemoth instead of worrying about getting more valkyries at scales you already own?"

show her, that she may know you better490C691C-0B8F-4EAC-A5DC-4287C8D0E12A.jpeg.288dd9a3f040ca5ad3f6503c00837a8d.jpeg.b7f9d2953a2beedad83574af9a1023b7.jpeg

Edited by apptt4
wordn

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

My condolences. You gotta practise the macross poker face more.

This valk? Oh pffftt it was on sale....

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Do you guys really get stressed out over PO madness where it interferes with your day to day lives? I'm not one to tell anyone how to live their life, but if this hobby is causing you that much stress and is straining your marriage, perhaps you might reconsider how you're approaching this hobby? 

Mentioned the PO issue with my toy hobby over lunch with some friend today and was told that one "Supreme Box Logo Pullover Hoodie" with a retail price of $145 when up to $500 - $1800 from resellers.

Not to say that what we have in the DX line is acceptable, but there are much worst mark up than what we experienced.

56 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Do you guys really get stressed out over PO madness where it interferes with your day to day lives? I'm not one to tell anyone how to live their life, but if this hobby is causing you that much stress and is straining your marriage, perhaps you might reconsider how you're approaching this hobby? 

PO order days are the thrill of the hunt for me :D But it does get mentally and physically (as in maintaining a prolonged sitting position) exhausting if its a crazy PO...

At the end tho, if i get i get it, else there will be other macross releases in the future! 

Edited by seti88

I'm actually glad I was cart jacked at HLJ. I ended up saving ¥1,780 ordering through Plaza Japan.

And if I hadn't of preordered Plaza Japan and waited for AE I would have save another ¥470.

Blessing in disguise.

We have too much first world problem syndrome here. :p

3 hours ago, jenius said:

PO Madness is usually fun for me (because I usually snag one). This was the first truly unfun one I've had in a while! 

For all that you contribute to MWF with your site and reviews opening a patreon would be good, so we can all support you and the content you produce. 

That would help with purchasing all these expensive Macross toys. ;)

It'd definitely help take the sting off having to pay mark up price if you miss out during initial PO madness.

Edited by eggy99

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Do you guys really get stressed out over PO madness where it interferes with your day to day lives? 

I was teaching business English to a doctor at 4pm, and then a private class for an elementary schoolboy at 5... and I was on my phone refreshing Web pages constantly during both classes.  :unsure:

I maintained a professional demeanor and engaged with the students throughout the lessons, but in the back of my mind I was screaming “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR, AMAZON?” :angry:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think most peeps here like me have to stay up late (or wake up) to madly punch F5 like Pavlovian dogs (no insult intended, it's more of a Krusty reference).  So the next day is jet lag, and is annoying cuz it's not a cheap toy, and still can't even buy it.  It's like Black Friday stress, but online.  If you hunt and buy, you're fine.  But if you have all that effort, and empty handed, you're ticked off.  Takes the civilized part out of hobby - I can imagine peeps raging like the meme of the guy wrecking his computer.  

My buddy gets all judgmental about his wife who's keeping up with the Jones, buying Coach purse, etc.  She gets all uppity about his "toys".  It is not a cheap item, so spouses have to talk about buying expensive items.  And this toy line takes up a lot of space. 

I think we'd all like to approach this hobby like the hmr line, just click and buy, no stress, not much scalping.  

16 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Scanning thru past MWF posts, @Mommar said that Loopaza was fine.

Also, @OzmaLee74 stated that he received something from Loopaza in the VF-31 thread.

So, I am guessing they are safe.

Yup! I got the VF-31A from them to be exact although the shipping was kind of pricey at 50 for airmail. Noticed that the shipping for the 1A is a whopping 77 bucks! 

5 hours ago, beatsing said:

I think most peeps here like me have to stay up late (or wake up) to madly punch F5 like Pavlovian dogs (no insult intended, it's more of a Krusty reference).  So the next day is jet lag, and is annoying cuz it's not a cheap toy, and still can't even buy it.  It's like Black Friday stress, but online.  If you hunt and buy, you're fine.  But if you have all that effort, and empty handed, you're ticked off.  Takes the civilized part out of hobby - I can imagine peeps raging like the meme of the guy wrecking his computer.  

My buddy gets all judgmental about his wife who's keeping up with the Jones, buying Coach purse, etc.  She gets all uppity about his "toys".  It is not a cheap item, so spouses have to talk about buying expensive items.  And this toy line takes up a lot of space. 

I think we'd all like to approach this hobby like the hmr line, just click and buy, no stress, not much scalping.  

That's what I'm dealing with, too. My stress level isn't high overall (it's more of a relative thing), and my marriage is great, but she knows me extremely well after all of these years and can tell when I'm not happy about something. She's noticed that I'm less and less excited about each release because it's gone from click-and-buy (good old Yamato days circa 2005) to thrill-of-the-hunt (last few years) to how-the-f-did-all-sites-sell-out-in-two-seconds. So, she's starting to ask why, especially given the prices, I'm continuing to do this to myself when I could be spending time on other parts of this hobby or on other hobbies altogether. I do feel very fortunate to have a wife that understands and supports my Macross Beast (that made me laugh, @apptt4).

@seti88: Yes, I do need to practice my Macross poker face.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

PO Madness is usually fun for me (because I usually snag one). This was the first truly unfun one I've had in a while! 

I find PO madness to be a lot of fun. I enjoy trying to find toy listings on various sites, see which ones are available and which ones are sold out, and updating my list.

Maybe it is because I have only been collecting Macross toys for about 1 year, but PO madness is quite exciting to me.

Admittedly, PO madness can be a bit stressful. But, in the end, I think of Macross toy collecting as a hobby, a luxury, Missing out on an initial pre-order, but still being able to buy it at a bit of a markup, can be a bit disappointing, but as my fiance would say, that's a first-world problem.

So, while I want to get a 1/60 VF-11C, yet don't want to spend $500 for it, I am not going to let my annoyance at that price inflation on eBay ruin my day.   Owning the toy might cheer me up a bit, but my lacking the toy will not sour my outlook.

What DID annoy me was getting stopped by campus police this morning. So, this weekend is CPW (Campus Preview Weekend), where high school seniors accepted to MIT get to visit campus for the weekend, visit lectures and sleep at the dorms, to help them decide whether to enroll here or at some other university. So anyways, I went to lab this morning (and am still here) to work on my missile swarm path finding simulation code.  A campus police officer thought I was one of those kids visiting campus trespassing in a restricted access lab. *sigh*    Couldn't the officer at least thought I was an adult in a restricted area?  *argh*

My fiance is going to LOVE hearing about this. *sigh*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

16 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I find PO madness to be a lot of fun. I enjoy trying to find toy listings on various sites, see which ones are available and which ones are sold out, and updating my list.

Maybe it is because I have only been collecting Macross toys for about 1 year, but PO madness is quite exciting to me.

Admittedly, PO madness can be a bit stressful. But, in the end, I think of Macross toy collecting as a hobby, a luxury, Missing out on an initial pre-order, but still being able to buy it at a bit of a markup, can be a bit disappointing, but as my fiance would say, that's a first-world problem.

So, while I want to get a 1/60 VF-11C, yet don't want to spend $500 for it, I am not going to let my annoyance at that price inflation on eBay ruin my day.   Owning the toy might cheer me up a bit, but my lacking the toy will not sour my outlook.

What DID annoy me was getting stopped by campus police this morning. So, this weekend is CPW (Campus Preview Weekend), where high school seniors accepted to MIT get to visit campus for the weekend, visit lectures and sleep at the dorms, to help them decide whether to enroll here or at some other university. So anyways, I went to lab this morning (and am still here) to work on my missile swarm path finding simulation code.  A campus police officer thought I was one of those kids visiting campus trespassing in a restricted access lab. *sigh*    Couldn't the officer at least thought I was an adult in a restricted area?  *argh*

I'm so used to the PO madness, it doesn't stress me out anymore. Sorry to hear you had that kind of day @Shizuka the Cat.

53 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Great outlook about collecting. That’s how it should be imo. 

As for the other story, F*** Tha Police! (Wonder if you know where that’s from). 

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

PO order days are the thrill of the hunt for me :D But it does get mentally and physically (as in maintaining a prolonged sitting position) exhausting if its a crazy PO...

At the end tho, if i get i get it, else there will be other macross releases in the future! 

Yep, this! 100% There are highs, there are lows. In the end, it’s all good. 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So something like this?

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, but @Shizuka the Cat is young and known to not know what Star Wars and Transformers are.  I’m sure most others here know our classics. 

Hey, I know what Star Wars and Transformers are.

I just haven't watched those particular movies.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

????  Is that supposed to be a reference to something?

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hey, I know what Star Wars and Transformers are.

I just haven't watched those particular movies.

For shame! The first three Star Wars films are great, and the 80's Transformers film is the best kind of cheesey.