Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wonder if that's why we're getting more Delta (that's still the plan right?) instead of a new Macross show. I mean, besides the obvious popularity of Walkure. If the plan were to animate Macross the First (not saying it was) then waiting for HG to lose its rights to do that and then having a whole catalog of SDF Macross toys ready in the wings makes a lot of sense. 

What's the time table for Garmony Hold relinquishing its stranglehold? 

55 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Well I forgot to order the missile sets again and now they are sold out on bandaionline lol

Hopefully some extras will be available at release

Nin-Nin-Game still has the missile set available ($40.51)

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/29934-macross-vf-1-compatible-missile-set-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

Edited by drobo

22 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Im curious how many Yamato 1/48, Yamato 1/60, Bandai 1/60 and Bandai 1/55 MISB valkyries are sitting in people's attics, basements, and storage spaces. Likely thousands if not more. 

Collectors tend to hoard toys they feel are collectible. Problem is that plastic toys that degrade over time are a poor long- term investment and poor currency. But I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their own money. Hoarding like that leads to fatigue and eventually market collapse. 

Bandai should simply reissue tours for which there is high demand. They really screwed up on the 31A, they lose money every day on that one. 

I only have one yamato 1/48.  it's still in pristine condition, plastic not even yellow.  that's why I didn't jump into this new line right away.

the yamato 1/60 v2, I bought the first run hikky strike, and one shoulder had a crack, so I bought another one.  The crack formed even though I handle it about once a year.  Pretty disappointed in the quality and tolerance of such a high end collectible.  

I love to see sh9000 photos of his fleet, and tekering's dioramas so I get peeps collecting multiples.  But I agree with you on hoarding, the toys deteriorate over time - the crack on the shoulder formed in between handlings, not during handling.  Saturday night live made fun of this: one to display, one to collect, one "just in case" - haha

21 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

You basically summed up my thoughts exactly.  I'm in this hobby for fun and relaxation, and chasing ridiculous pre-order windows or dealing with scalper prices is neither.  Some sort of loyalty reward or priority for pre-ordering early with a particular vendor would be nice, but even that kind of system could be abused by scalpers (I'm sure many of them are collectors themselves, and also scalp other product lines, so they probably do a lot of business with these online retailers, too).  Still, an early pre-order window with a limit 1 per customer (with bans for people caught trying to circumvent it with multiple accounts/addresses) for long-term customers could help the situation somewhat.

I can deal with this once or twice a year, but if this is the "new norm," I'll just have to go find a different hobby.  That isn't some threat to Bandai or something, I know they couldn't care less, it is just the reality of the situation.  They'll end up quietly losing customers they probably never even knew they had.  Which is partially why the situation is the way it is now, I guess.

I've thought about this too.  Just pay, throw money and not stress out.  But there's a limit to what I can afford, and also if I could, I can't justify it.  Perhaps your wives are more cool.

11 hours ago, kkx said:

I think this will work.

1. Bandai design and develop a toy that we like and decide on the lot size increment (say min 1000 units per lot) that works for them and their supplier.

2. Announce the product.

3. Predict as best as they can about the number of lots for the initial allocation for retailers.

4. Accept order from retailers. With limitation and allocation as per now.

5. Big retailers can then order lots from Bandai within a fixed window (in terms of days, so no big extra delay) if they can be confident about selling them. To protect themselves, the big retailer they can allow buyers to pay and reserve with the risk of losing the deposit if they back out. And the buyer will get a refund of the deposit if the number of orders didn't reach the lots size boundary.

6. PO window closes, Bandai goes ahead and produce the order (maybe with some extra as per what they are doing now).

Step 5 is totally optional and if a retailer takes up the offer, they will be the one that will get the extra money left on the table.

Scaper will not take part because they know everyone we want one will be able to PO one from the big retailer. As long as there is one big retailer that willing to do step 5.

The small retailer who does not have sufficient buyer to order in term of lots can try to negotiate with a big retailer for x units that they think they can sell.

Bandai only needs to allow a few days for 5 to take place.

Is this too complicated? I know nothing about toy manufacturing and distribution, so this is just me play acting as a consultant. ;)

This is pretty similar to the business model that some smaller companies already take.  In addition, they add on more reissues as fans write in, and then they open 2nd preorder batch, 3rd, etc.  

5 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Well I goofed and forgot to get the Missiles and non Nin-Nin, Bandai and NY are sold out. Anywhere else to get them?

Still up at kurama shop:

https://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1/

7 hours ago, That one dude said:

They're hoping to open up the market once the rights come back to BW. Right now they aren't legally allowed to distribute overseas so all you get is scalpers and resales.

I have spoken with the guys Tamashii Nation who run the US distribution side of things and they have said (more than once)  they would love to bring Macross stateside as they know there is a huge following here but can't because of the BW/HG stuff. When that ends, I would very much expect Macross product to start coming stateside.

2 hours ago, Mechinyun said:

Heres my thoughts on the missiles, no hurry on these as I feel they will continually be produced.  Why? We have a bunch more valks coming that if they just did a one and done run of these, about Roy and kakizaki?

Or Bandai could just add those missiles on the upcoming Supers for extra bucks. Who knows? ;) 

14 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

My wallet can’t take it. I need a breather lol

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

As i prefer to let my wallet and my sanity to have some peace for a moment i can wait till next year...however .I second the TWE suggestion!...

Ok, guys. Let's all relax for a bit.

971H.gif 

Clear your mind. ^_^ 

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Loopaza, that was listed earlier by @Shizuka the Cat is still offering pre-orders though I don't know their reputation:

https://www.loopaza.com/figures/action-figures/dx-chogokin-macross-delta-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-custom.html

Scanning thru past MWF posts, @Mommar said that Loopaza was fine.

Also, @OzmaLee74 stated that he received something from Loopaza in the VF-31 thread.

So, I am guessing they are safe.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, gingaio said:

Man, that's almost two years away. Oh, well. 

Ignore that HG fact for now and just look forward on any Marvel movie stuff esp Avengers one. By then, it's already 2021. ^_^ 

35 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

A celebratory concert should be in order!

Start at 0:43. ^_^

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hmmm the statue toppling scene of palpatine? 

In light of what may be....insert  *maniacal laughter here*:D

Like what I'm preaching on that thread, that's an older BTAS JOKER! :rofl:

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If Bandai releases the Zentradi suit, I hope it doesn't come with an oversized zipper.  I actually like the custom suit with velcro.

I have been thinking about that too, and agree with using Velcro over zipper, which was oversized, and prone to breaking anyway.