Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

35 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

PlayAsia lists the DX VF-1A TV Max as "pre-orders opening soon".

Might be worth keeping an eye on, in case this is true.

https://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-delta-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-custo/13/70cndh

Huh, what do you think this means it the product page's Description?

Here is VF-1A Valkyrie in Maximilian Jenius Custom added to DX Chogokin series!

Please note that there is a possibility of heavy reduction.

14 hours ago, Duymon said:

I am feeling high levels of salt right now....

I found I had a tupperware full of 1/48 yammie missiles in storage and with just a few swipes of a file I was able to get them to fit just fine on the 1/48 DX.....

Looks like I'll be selling those two overpriced DX missile sets I preordered since I have enough yammy missiles to equip a fleet of VF-1's

20190410_004612_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.6f11522257541d22477a3c5e0c365844.jpg

Hey Duymon. Are the missile can be removed from its pylons? Maybe you can take a photo of this for fun by putting some tacks on the missiles? For everyone's pleasure and curiosity. :rolleyes:

SDFM_ep10_Max_Tailfin.jpg

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

As we learned this week, Max can destroy more than just wallets:

3CRHJOG.gif

You beat me to it. :rolleyes: Cool GIF, @HardlyNever! :good:^_^  

36 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Since it’s 4am in Japan, do you think orders will open up during their normal business hours or random?

Random.

14 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Since it’s 4am in Japan, do you think orders will open up during their normal business hours or random?

Over the last few days, a few retailers opened their POs at these hours (judging only by the time of the first link posted by fellow members):

Plaza Japan : 2:12 pm Japan time

AE : 4:01 pm Japan time

HLJ (second round/cancellation): 1:51 pm Japan time

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Duymon. Are the missile can be removed from its pylons? Maybe you can take a photo of this for fun by putting some tacks on the missiles? For everyone's pleasure and curiosity. :rolleyes:

SDFM_ep10_Max_Tailfin.jpg

Actually can't we 'tack the loose missiles from the 1/48 GBP set to the tailfins to recreate this effect...?

IIRC there are a total of 68 missiles in that armour pack:rolleyes::D

7 minutes ago, moose said:

Do they price hike like NY

During the initial preorder or the second round?

I don't know if they're basing their initial preorder to the actual MSRP depends if it's a hot commodity. But I did check a sample like an ongoing preorder for Figuarts Iron Man Mark 43 (Reissue) between NY and PA. NY has it for $46.84. PA has it for $52.99. I think it's a little bit higher. So expect that the DX Max might be higher than most shops. But still beats the Y30000+ prices it's going for now, right? So if you can get a preorder from them, then congrats. ;) 

But beyond that, since their preorder is a little bit late for DX Max, and if the item is in-demand, the next question would be 'do they deliver'? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

30 minutes ago, F360 said:

2 out of 2 , play-Asia fail to deliver my valk preorders in the pass .  So I would not recommend them .  

Ouch. Also, I just checked that Play-Asia has already been listed in our unholy 'Blacklist' list. That's too bad.

34 minutes ago, F360 said:

2 out of 2 , play-Asia fail to deliver my valk preorders in the pass .  So I would not recommend them .  

Did they send an email tell you they could not full fill the order and then turn around and sell it for a mark up on their website. I had it happen with another small time shop in japan.

I filed a claim when they failed to send me my eva metal build figure and sending me a tracking number that never pulled up anything shady stuff going around 

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

On the topic of cancelled preorders, in the last round (DX VF-1J) of PO madness, which companies cancelled on peeps?  Just HLJ?  Or Amiami as well?  Did any other of the "major" vendors cancel anyone's orders?  Sorry I lost track.

I can't say from personal experience, but someone on another board said that Amiami cancelled their DX VF-1J PO.

Got this from my email. It says I viewed this eBay item when it was still at $349.99. Not it's $299.99. The pricing is as competitive as NY's shipped priced to the US. :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-CHOGOKIN-VF-1A-VALKYRIE-MAX-ROBOTECH-MACROSS-vf-1j-masterpiece-1-48/254192964913?hash=item3b2f14d531:g:SjMAAOSwJzpcqxrJ

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Got this from my email. It says I viewed this eBay item when it was still at $349.99. Not it's $299.99. The pricing is as competitive as NY's shipped priced to the US. :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-CHOGOKIN-VF-1A-VALKYRIE-MAX-ROBOTECH-MACROSS-vf-1j-masterpiece-1-48/254192964913?hash=item3b2f14d531:g:SjMAAOSwJzpcqxrJ

I saw that at 350.00. Seller does have 100% rating. Someone in the states may want to consider it while its available.

18 minutes ago, fry said:

I saw this too. Would be slick w/ ebay coupon or ebay bucks to spend.

I've got $293 in eBay bucks to spend by the end of this month.  What are the odds that POs will open up again somewhere for retail price before then.  

Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

4 minutes ago, dafob said:

I've got $293 in eBay bucks to spend by the end of this month.  What are the odds that POs will open up again somewhere for retail price before then.  

Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

How much did you spend on eBay to accumulate $293 in eBay bucks?!  HOLY COW!

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

That's what I was thinking. I've got like $3.00 in eBay bucks. I can't even buy a smoothie with that. 

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but eBay Bucks are use-'em-or-lose-'em, right? If so, you might want to spend that $293. 

Edited by gingaio

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I leverage the 10% eBay bucks when they come around.  And it seems like it's progressive, meaning that the more you buy when they offer you the 10% the higher the frequency in offers for 10% eBay bucks.

I bought three $800 scanners (that's already $240 eBay bucks at 10%) and some miscellaneous things this last quarter for work and that's how I accumulated so many eBay bucks.

Edited by dafob

Just now, fry said:

I sent the ebay seller an offer and he countered with $285.  Buy it so I don't. lol  You'll have $8 left to spend.

Hahaha.  He countered the same for me. :)

8 minutes ago, gingaio said:

That's what I was thinking. I've got like $3.00 in eBay bucks. I can't even buy a smoothie with that. 

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but eBay Bucks are use-'em-or-lose-'em, right? If so, you might want to spend that $293. 

It's true about the use-'em-or-lose-'em thing.  I'm hesitant in this case because this is a PO.  The valk won't come out until Oct.  eBay only guarantees purchases for 6 months.  If I buy it today, 6 months puts it right at the time of release.  

Even though the dude has 100% rating with 1800 feedback, who's the say he won't run off w/ my $$$.  I won't be able to file a claim w/ eBay by then.

Dammit!  What to do...?

20 minutes ago, dafob said:

I leverage the 10% eBay bucks when they come around.  And it seems like it's progressive, meaning that the more you buy when they offer you the 10% the higher the frequency in offers for 10% eBay bucks.

I bought three $800 scanners (that's already $240 eBay bucks at 10%) and some miscellaneous things this last quarter for work and that's how I accumulated so many eBay bucks.

How does one get eBay bucks? Do you need like an eBay credit card or something?