Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Welp, i broke down, and i ordered from NY. Is it me or it increased about 20 bucks in one night? If i could swear here, you guys know what i would say. I guess that's enough.

Well, anyway, 1/48 Vermilion is a go. I hate to pay this over priced thing, but i guess it would be about the same to get the Yammie version, without a Kakizake available.

I guess my OCD kicked in this morning.

I’m pretty certain it’s been 27,500 yen since they reopened for preorder yesterday. 

Good that you’ve secured one, that’s the most important thing. 

1 hour ago, Ipsquitch said:

I feel you. I bought at a markup last night, but I would have missed the overnight (for me) pre-orders anyway, so it pretty much washes out in the end.

There are very little choices left. Good that you have one secure now.

Is 27,500 yen on NY the best deal? Coming up to $300 after shipping to US? 

53 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Welp, i broke down, and i ordered from NY. Is it me or it increased about 20 bucks in one night? If i could swear here, you guys know what i would say. I guess that's enough.

Well, anyway, 1/48 Vermilion is a go. I hate to pay this over priced thing, but i guess it would be about the same to get the Yammie version, without a Kakizake available.

Go back and look at the pictures of it.... it will make you feel better :) Atleast, it did for me.

So there was a second round of listings for this thing? I didn't even know. I thought things were already over when I got cartjacked all over the place on the first night.

Anyone know why the order-stopped listing at HLJ keeps switching between being limited to 1 per person and 20 per person? Seems weird they would be messing with the listing at this point.

58 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Dont feel bad @vlenhoffI did the same late last night before bed. There was no way I was gonna wake a second night, with no knowledge of those other sites posting whether or not they were going to carry it. The VF-31S armor and VF-1A are both paid for. 

I ordered the armor when it became available, but from what I am.seeing NY may not fulfill either of these orders? Honestly that would be the kick in the junk to much. So I'll stay positive about it. I do know once the VF-1A does release there will be a small window for a reasonable price, a price that will be about as good as NY is now.

Edited by Alphahorizon

44 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Dont feel bad @vlenhoffI did the same late last night before bed. There was no way I was gonna wake a second night, with no knowledge of those other sites posting whether or not they were going to carry it. The VF-31S armor and VF-1A are both paid for. 

I ordered the armor when it became available, but from what I am.seeing NY may not fulfill either of these orders? Honestly that would be the kick in the junk to much. So I'll stay positive about it. I do know once the VF-1A does release there will be a small window for a reasonable price, a price that will be about as good as NY is now.

There should be zero reason why NY can’t deliver in either of your orders.

I wouldn't panic too much, a lot of supply had to end up in scalper hands, they will try to move that product now through release, on release more will be available so prices should drop as everyone tries to avoid being stuck with something they can't sell at MSRP (since that's what they paid). If you're ready on release day you'll probably get one cheaper than you would right now... Probably.

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wouldn't panic too much, a lot of supply had to end up in scalper hands, they will try to move that product now through release, on release more will be available so prices should drop as everyone tries to avoid being stuck with something they can't sell at MSRP (since that's what they paid). If you're ready on release day you'll probably get one cheaper than you would right now... Probably.

This is how it worked out for me with the VF-1J, it was a nail biter though. 

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Yeah Shizuka the cat, you helped even when you were not going to buy it. Very cool of you!

Oh btw, no luck here, but i am still searching. This is becoming more difficult than getting all Infinity stones. :crazy:

Hmm... Correction there @vlenhoff. Shizuka did get one from Amiami last minute . See to top of Page 174. ;)  

Thanks guys! I have spent a hundred bucks in far less important things to me in the past. I can cry and make a fuss all day, but that really didn't resolve my problem. Its now done. No more nail biting, and i can focus on other things. I do maintain, bandai should do something about this. Sell it for more, but give us proper supply. Also websites selling 20 per customer are just inviting scalpers. In the end, this is not good for anyone. I had a moment of truth where i almost swore off this whole line. I am sure many have done it before as a result of this tasteless practice of limited supply, and or scalper favoritism. 

Total shipped was 304.54 usd for JP post airmail, registered, insured, and 1-3 weeks delivery.

So as Fry once said: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" 

9 minutes ago, Californium said:

Fantastic close-up pics, thanks!

The shade of blue here looks slightly more "purple-y" than Bandai's own promo shots, and this blue seems closer to the blue that we're used to in the M&M 1J.

One minor complaint - the OCD me really wants to go plug the left engine with an intake cover, LOL!

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm... Correction there @vlenhoff. Shizuka did get one from Amiami last minute . See to top of Page 174. ;)  

I know she did, i even congratulated her in page 174. I believe she was not originally going to get it, but she was providing links for others just to help out. I know this is a huge thread and it is moving really fast. Anyone can miss details. So Hmmm, i stand not corrected 8P

Edited by vlenhoff
content

9 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks guys! I have spent a hundred bucks in far less important things to me in the past. I can cry and make a fuss all day, but that really didn't resolve my problem. Its now done. No more nail biting, and i can focus on other things. I do maintain, bandai should do something about this. Sell it for more, but give us proper supply. Also websites selling 20 per customer are just inviting scalpers. In the end, this is not good for anyone. I had a moment of truth where i almost swore off this whole line. I am sure many have done it before as a result of this tasteless practice of limited supply, and or scalper favoritism. 

Total shipped was 304.54 usd for JP post airmail, registered, insured, and 1-3 weeks delivery.

So as Fry once said: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" 

I like the mindset, @vlenhoff, I agree.  Most of us would probably have wasted a proverbial $100 on other cr*p before.  So if it's something that you like very much, and given where we are in the PO cycle, where nobody can be certain of finding one at a much lower price than NY, then why not, I say?

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

One minor complaint - the OCD me really wants to go plug the left engine with an intake cover, LOL!

Same here!

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Fantastic close-up pics, thanks!

The shade of blue here looks slightly more "purple-y" than Bandai's own promo shots, and this blue seems closer to the blue that we're used to in the M&M 1J.

Blue is notoriously difficult to photograph, and the lighting there looks kinda weird.  I'm betting the twitter pic that spacemanoevres linked gives a better approximation of the real color:

573459508_D21TboUWkAEmjza.jpglarge.jpg.2d52db11581df5577d01201342e7aedd.jpg

54 minutes ago, jenius said:

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I like the mindset, @vlenhoff, I agree.  Most of us would probably have wasted a proverbial $100 on other cr*p before.  So if it's something that you like very much, and given where we are in the PO cycle, where nobody can be certain of finding one at a much lower price than NY, then why not, I say?

I am leaning toward what @jenius said. That is what I did for the 1J.

But I can totally understand @vlenhoff and are thinking of just pay up and calling it a day. This depends on where you live, $100 will just enough to buy an ok dinner for my family here in the bay area.

So either way, I am chill now. Not lucky enough to get a nice discount with PO, life move on.

Paid extra $100 @ NY - I wonder how many they actually held back to make more $

Saved $100 buying two Yellow's from Amazon JP instead of buying from BBTS

= Everything worked out great. 

Now I can go on with my day and not worry how I can acquire them going forward. 

My rationale is that let's say I could have gotten the 1A for 22k Yen later plus shipping puts me at 26,500 Yen. Saving me roughly $50. 

Is that worth it to me to worry about until September and then trying to get one for that price. 

In life you do 1 of 2 things. Pay more or do more. Simple as that.

If M&M, Roy's/Hikaru's Skull, Kakizaki,  et all variants get made (just a matter of time), there's a possibly of more ugly showdowns during pre-order madness. :aggressive: 

11 minutes ago, BinboOtaku said:

I somehow want to blame Harmony Gold for all of this.

That's a small piece of the pie as their is more obstacles to face.. Big West also has to approve to send Macross related items outside Japan.   

Edit: That's is what I've been reading and understand.

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

If M&M, Roy's/Hikaru's Skull, Kakizaki,  et all variants get made (just a matter of time), there's a possibly of more ugly showdowns during pre-order madness. :aggressive: 

Hopefully the next time around Bandai either increases production volumes, or the Scalpers back off (seeing as they appear to have jumped in too hard this time).

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

That's a small piece of the pie as their is more obstacles to face.. Big West also has to approve to send Macross related items outside Japan.   

Edit: That's is what I've been reading and understand.

I think the problem is that HG is in charge of all Macross outside of Japan.  And they do crap with it.  So even if someone like Bandai wanted to sell outside Japan, they would also have to go through HG even after aquiring a license by Big West.  

It's a mess...

Just as few more years and hopefully their reign of terror will end.

Edited by Gwynne

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Uh oh...jeez so we have to be worried about that happening? :fool:  This was my first Macross PO.  It. Was. Crazy.  I'm glad I secured one from NY, but couldn't do another all-nighter to grab a 2nd. 

Not with this release, and not with any of the sellers that I've seen listed here. To be fair, I've also had at least one good experience with MyKombini as well, but I certainly put them on my no-go list since the 31A nonsense that they pulled.

And along with everyone that's said as much, agreed about how helpful a great many of these posts have been, it's stuff like that makes me really appreciate this community.

-b.

12 minutes ago, borgified said:

1S Fokker, 1J Max, 1J Milia, 1J CF, 1A Kakizaki, 1A CF, 1A Alaska, 1A Angel Birds, 1A Cavaliers, 1D Trainer, 1D Virgin Road...only 11 SDFM repaints to go...it's gonna be a long road...

I'd honestly love it if they did Kakizaki next and then Alaska base, I'd be ecstatic!  I hope they stick to SDFM.

9 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

What are the chances we get the VF1-D or VT-1? I'm sure Kakizaki will look cool and all, but I think I would prefer the other two I mentioned.

I suspect we will be seeing a reissue of the VF-1D from Arcadia first, before the DX line gets to tweaking the mold for a two-seater, but knowing Bandai, nothing is certain.

One HUGE feature that I will be looking for in the (hopefully) eventual DX VF-1D is the removable cockpit, which Yamato had incorporated into their VF-1 design, but Bandai hasn't done that with the DX releases so far.  I hope this will change with the DX -1D.

And while I'm daydreaming, why not - if Bandai would redesign the detachable cockpit of the 1D, it would be wonderful if they can find a way to replicate the 1D's heat shield mechanism (closing from both sides, rather than an extended HS hidden under the chest armour).

Edited by rdrunner

19 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Price has dropped on amazon japan. I might bite if it drops to 22k yen

Ya, I noticed their pricing dropped last night shortly after NY posted their newly found stock. I"m guessing to compete. 

Hope it goes lower for you guys that are still in the market for it.