Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

Nippon Yasan is not even allowing for the pay later option.  Hikaru’s 1J was able to be paid later.  

This has effected me enough that I’m not going to sell my 2 new premium VF-1 Fokkers by Arcadia.  There is a real chance the DX release may be unattainable responsibly.  It could get released higher than premium O-S prices.

To be fair to Nippon Yasan:

They always relist the day after at a mark up, it’s not new.  What is new is that the demand and prices of the 1-J caused this release of the 1A to get listed at such a higher markup.  

If anyone is to blame for the condition we are in, It’s Bandai for not printing enough.

No.

Actually its Harmony Gold, if they could sell Macross in the US, then the largest economy in the world would be contributing and influencing Bandais print rate which would be much higher.

F  Robotech.  

Even though it led me to Macross.

watch Toynami release another run of their junk masterpiece VF-1’s thinking they can get in on this action.

This.  Harmony Gold screwed us.  Otherwise Bandai and Arcadia would have markets here.  

12 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I haven’t really had time to open up my YF-19 until just now. But you’re right that their wings have different hard points. I considered it secure, when the YF-19 missile pylons attached to the DX VF-1’s wings quite tightly. At least better than the 1/48 Yamato missile hard points! Lol. 

Yeah, they'll work, I think  the 19's are flush with the face of the wing. I didn't try a double setup though. Without Super packs the nukes look kinda silly too :)

Edited by scand

1 hour ago, moose said:

Does NY take PayPal credit 

Are we referring to PayPal Credit as in ‘Credit’, which is their old ‘Bill Me Later’ program? Or credit in general?

20 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

If you pay in USD, at N-Y's inflated exchange rate, then yes you can use PP credit, which would buy you 6 months to pay, interest free as long as you pay the minimim every month and the entire amount before the grace period runs out, for any amount totaling over $99.00.

Ok, so if we’re talking about the PayPal Credit itself then I didn’t know that they accept that for international purchase. I was trying to use that since 2013 but it didn’t let me so I didn’t bother on trying it again. So if I choose USD as currency and not JPY, I can use the PayPal Credit route rather than use linked credit cards?

12 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

The limit was set at 20 per person when I was looking for one this afternoon. This is why I felt the PO was set up to fail the fans and award scalpers. 

From my actual experience during the PO madness 19 hours ago that it was correctly set to order limit 1. HLJ has changed it to 20 after the item was put on ORDER STOP. Don't worry - It was not a limit of 20 that caused some of us to miss a PO. I still have no PO as my cart was too slow and item was ORDER STOP before I could complete check out.

Besides scalpers have multiple accounts. Order Limit of 1 will not stop them.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Are we referring to PayPal Credit as in ‘Credit’, which is their old ‘Bill Me Later’ program? Or credit in general?

Ok, so if we’re talking about the PayPal Credit itself then I didn’t know that they accept that for international purchase. I was trying to use that since 2013 but it didn’t let me so I didn’t bother on trying it again. So if I choose USD as currency and not JPY, I can use the PayPal Credit route rather than use linked credit cards?

HLJ only started taking PPC about a month or two ago. I'm not sure on NY.

Ugh, just paid the NY markup. I feel dirty, yet happy to know I'm going to get a Max. Looking at Mandarake, I can't believe the 1A is going to go below the 1J, which sells for 30K min. I may have been able to score one closer to retail at some point, but seriously, if the ~50 bucks I'd save was such a huge deal, then I shouldn't be spending the money anyway.

1 minute ago, RED WOLF said:

I bet NY Jack's up the price higher like they've done in the past. Count on it. I remember the 1J steadily crept upwards.

Their price directly reflected the current market price. According to Amazon JP Marketplace it's around ¥28,000. Shortly after the PO went live, it was ¥34,000. Prices are starting to trend downward because the buyer demand is too low at that price point. Once it hits an acceptable level and all the scalper stock starts to dry up the market value to sky rocket again.

I suspect NY will potentially match the market value as it progresses.

1 minute ago, RED WOLF said:

I bet NY Jack's up the price higher like they've done in the past. Count on it. I remember the 1J steadily crept upwards.

I don't doubt it for a second, I missed the 31C pre-order and bought for a slight (~2K) markup from NY after release. The site show out of stock afterwards. 10 min. later, I get another notification from NY that the 31C is in stock, but now it was another ~4K higher. 

24 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I can’t wait to see pictures of the 1A on release. Super excited for armor parts

It would be dream-come-true if Bandai decides to release the Zentradi uniform to go with their DX 1A.  It has not been done in this scale before, I don't think.  And being larger than the 1/60, we could expect even better details and a finer finish.

HLJ's listing also had a price of 0 yen when I first opened the page. Needed a couple of refreshes. 

It was also limit 1 as I nearly screwed myself over adding it to cart on my phone and laptop, causing HLJ's site to tell me me I could not order more than one. 

Even if it was initially set to 20 by mistake, you couldn't check out for like 20 minutes. And if you somehow managed to finish check out with more than 1 unit, HLJ will lock out your account afterwards and delete the extras. 

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

It would be dream-come-true if Bandai decides to release the Zentradi uniform to go with their DX 1A.  It has not been done in this scale before, I don't think.  And being larger than the 1/60, we could expect even better details and a finer finish.

I showed my wife the pics of the Yamato outfit, and she thinks she can replicate it. Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Ipsquitch said:

I showed my wife the pics of the Yamato outfit, and she thinks she can replicate it. Fingers crossed!

That would be fantastic. Please let us know how you got on, and if she might be interested in accepting orders from fellow members should it be successful. Claiming first dibs, lol!

14 minutes ago, Ipsquitch said:

12 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

That would be fantastic. Please let us know how you got on, and if she might be interested in accepting orders from fellow members should it be successful. Claiming first dibs, lol!

Seconded!

17 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yeah, if it goes well and she can come up with a pattern, I'll let you all know. She works 50 hours a week, so it might be a while! She seems pretty excited to make clothes for her husband's fancy toys, though!

16 minutes ago, beatsing said:

cart jacked at hobbysearch, amiami crashed, hlj please update price, cdjapan carjacked, ny ticket, missed amazon cuz I fell asleep.  now markups are redonkulus

I don't feed the scalpers

This ^^ .  You just described my exact situation last night (and I suspect many others too).  First PO I've missed... for ANY toy line I collect.

Only hope I have left is to pray for available stock at release.  I'm willing to pay a markup, but not at the prices that are already advertised for something that won't be out for 5 months.

I'll just show myself to the end of the "if-anyone-has-multiples-preordered-and-would-like-to-help-out-a-fellow-collector" line now.  

PS: Congrats to all those that got one (or two or three or four).  You all SUCK!  :lol:

1 minute ago, dafob said:

This ^^ .  You just described my exact situation last night (and I suspect many others too).  First PO I've missed... for ANY toy line I collect.

Only hope I have left is to pray for available stock at release.  I'm willing to pay a markup, but not at the prices that are already advertised for something that won't be out for 5 months.

I'll just show myself to the end of the "if-anyone-has-multiples-preordered-and-would-like-to-help-out-a-fellow-collector" line now.  

PS: Congrats to all those that got one (or two or three or four).  You all SUCK!  :lol:

I'm right there with you, cart jacked twice :(

I'm pretty convinced this thing will dip to like 22K at release so that's what I'm going to hold out for.

22 minutes ago, beatsing said:

cart jacked at hobbysearch, amiami crashed, hlj please update price, cdjapan carjacked, ny ticket, missed amazon cuz I fell asleep.  now markups are redonkulus

I don't feed the scalpers

Rename the line

BS Chogokin (Bandai Scalpers Chogokin)

^^ That +1

28 minutes ago, seti88 said:

you got to pre-order at hobbysearch!???

Yup I got it in my cart but got cart jacked.  I clicked on the buy button right at 4pm JST.  

I didn't think Max was so popular.  I thought Roy was next after Hikky, but it looks like this line is like Frontier madness.  I rage quitted on Frontier cuz so many preorders lasted 2 seconds.  

Edited by beatsing