Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Got it!

image.png.a30f4675faf7c994d8fe521fb7fb04a0.png

Cool. Well deserved, given all your help. 

Seems like the prices are right around this. Amazon Japan shipped is about $170, so just a little bit more. 

edit: You've been F5-ing since last night? Well, then, you definitely deserve this. 

Edited by gingaio

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

This is what happens when I sit in front of my computer all day, hitting refresh on 11 online store sites CONSTANTLY.

After the feat of what you did last night, this morning and even now, I dont think a there's anyone else on here that deserves it more

5 minutes ago, gingaio said:

Cool. Well deserved, given all your help. 

Seems like the prices are right around this. Amazon Japan shipped is about $170, so just a little bit more. 

edit: You've been F5-ing since last night? Well, then, you definitely deserve this. 

4 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

After the feat of what you did last night, this morning and even now, I dont think a there's anyone else on here that deserves it more

Thanks!

I tried resisting, but... given that it is Max, and seeing how hard it was for people to pre-order one, I kind of succumbed to peer pressure and decided to grab it.  Is it bad that its rarity kind of made it become more coveted in my mind?

Oh god, did I just start collecting valkyries in yet another scale?!  What have I done?!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks!

I tried resisting, but... given that it is Max, and seeing how hard it was for people to pre-order one, I kind of succumbed to peer pressure and decided to grab it.

Oh god, did I just start collecting valkyries in yet another scale?!  What have I done?!

Well if you don't like the scale, I know where he can come to, lol.

Congrats @Shizuka the Cat! I bet your waiting for Kakizaki to follow.

Nothing wrong to get a 1/48 valk. Are you really that OCD??

EDIT: Waiting for Milia as well to further push you down further? If you have Max, Milia's got to follow (even though its the 1J).

I've got another photo shot planned with since I got the Q-Rau Max now.  

Edited by borgified

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I tried resisting, but... given that it is Max, and seeing how hard it was for people to pre-order one, I kind of succumbed to peer pressure and decided to grab it. 

That's pretty much how it works, isn't it? I hesitated just a second or two when I refreshed and saw HLJ's order button finally pop up, thinking I might not need this one. That cost me that preorder, but in the end, it worked out as  I prefer Amazon Japan anyway. But yeah, losing out on the HLJ preorder and seeing how hard it was to get one made me more fired up to get one. 

Also, I absolutely love this variant. 

Edited by gingaio

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Congrats @Shizuka the Cat! I bet your waiting for Kakizaki to follow.

Nothing wrong to get a 1/48 valk. Are you really that OCD??

Am I that OCD?

Hmmm, well... in the last 13 months, I have gotten...

All the HMR valkyries, both TV and DYRL 1/3000 SDF-1, all the VF100's VF-25 toys, all the Maross Frontier / Lucky Star crossover VF-25 toys, a few dozen of the 1/60 Yamato Arcadia valkyries, all the DX VF-31 toys except the 31A, a DX RVF-25 and RVF-171, several chunky monkeys, and several Toynami 1/100 valkyries.

I have even upgraded my SDF-1, and Max + Miria VF-1J toys to Premium Finish versions.

No, not that OCD.  *cry*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Am I that OCD?

All the HMR valkyries, both TV and DYRL 1/3000 SDF-1, all the VF100's VF-25 toys, all the Maross Frontier / Lucky Star crossover VF-25 toys, a few dozen of the 1/60 Yamato Arcadia valkyries, all the DX VF-31 toys except the 31A, a DX RVF-25 and RVF-171, several chunky monkeys, and several Toynami 1/100 valkyries.

No, not that OCD.  *cry*

Pfffft, you are not OCD, pfffft, nah.

Am I that OCD?

No, not that OCD.  *cry*

That's not OCD, that's a healthy collection and I applaud you.

Oh yeah, I also pre-ordered the Arcadia VE-1 Premium Finish, when I already own 2 Elintseekers.  *sigh*

Radar domes are my kryptonite... as are apparently DX VF-1A TV Max  *double sigh*

• Yamato VE-1 (Thanks @Roi_Fokka)
  • 2x HMR VE-1
  • RVF-25 V2 (Plus super/ghosts)
  • RVF-171 (Plus supers)
  • 2x VF-31E on order
  • Arcadia VE-1 on order
  • 1/72 RVF-25 Bandai kit
  • Bandai Fighter Collection RVF-25 and RVF-171 figs.

Yeah, I think I have a weakness for radomes as well.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:
  • Yamato VE-1 (Thanks @Roi_Fokka)
  • 2x HMR VE-1
  • RVF-25 V2 (Plus super/ghosts)
  • RVF-171 (Plus supers)
  • 2x VF-31E on order
  • Arcadia VE-1 on order
  • 1/72 RVF-25 Bandai kit
  • Bandai Fighter Collection RVF-25 and RVF-171 figs.

Yeah, I think I have a weakness for radomes as well.

I need to find super parts for my RVF-25 and RVF-171 as well. 

My professor is now wondering why I am banging my head against my desk while saying "Why did I buy another scale?" repeatedly.

I need to find super parts for my RVF-25 and RVF-171 as well. 

My professor is now wondering why I am banging my head against my desk while saying "Why did I buy another scale?" repeatedly.

For the 171 just get the Alto super parts set (cheaper than the CF, but no big missiles). The only specific parts are the wings, and the RVF-171 comes with a set of hardpoint wings already.

Funny thing I noticed, I hobby link Japan website I added the VF - 1A to my wishlist and notice that it stated this item is limited to 20 per customer. Does anybody know of hobby link Japan requires payment upfront?

Edited by Alphahorizon
Correction and context

3 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Funny thing I noticed, I hobby link Japan website I added the VF - 1A to my wishlist and notice that it stated this item is limited to 20 per customer.

Noticed this as well. In fact I was refreshing right when it changed from 1 to 20 limit per customer.

I'm assuming it is just an automated setting that sets it to that after a certain amount of time.  I'm trying to not read anything into it....

Just now, HardlyNever said:

Noticed this as well. In fact I was refreshing right when it changed from 1 to 20 limit per customer.

I'm assuming it is just an automated setting that sets it to that after a certain amount of time.  I'm trying to not read anything into it....

Don't read anything into it, I've been stalking the SH Figuarts Iron Man Mark 85 on HLJ and the purchase limit flips from 20 to 1 arbitrarily as well. 

Was pretty salty that I got cart jacked at literally every place I had it in my cart, HS, AmiAmi, HLJ, and CDJ. I grabbed an hour of sleep between like 5 and 6 and ended up missing the Amazon (was that direct Amazon or a vendor?) orders as well.

Classic case of can't win for losing. But a few hours later and some perspective I'm not as angry as I was this morning. After all, it is just a toy...

-b.

31 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks!

I tried resisting, but... given that it is Max, and seeing how hard it was for people to pre-order one, I kind of succumbed to peer pressure and decided to grab it.  Is it bad that its rarity kind of made it become more coveted in my mind?

22 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Am I that OCD?

I have even upgraded my SDF-1, and Max + Miria VF-1J toys to Premium Finish versions.

No, not that OCD.  *cry*

Congrats Shizuka-chan! :good: 

And, no, you're not OCD. You just have extra money to burn. ^_^

And I'm definitely sure you're going to complete the Vermillion Squad. After all, one VF-1 in a 1/48 scale is not enough. Right, guys? :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

since you just got it from amiami, guys, i have a question, does amiami charge your credit card upfront? 

Stop it, David! :lol:

14 minutes ago, neko878 said:

This round of pre orders was crazy.  Many sites were sold out in the first 10 mins.  Wow!

Deja vu. Brings a tear to my eye reminiscing back during the Frontier POs....sniff. :cray: :p