Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I guess if you were able to stay awake all night you managed to get one?  My official line is still frakk Bandai, personally.  I’m tired of standing in line in the middle of the night.

I ended up empty handed and am seriously reconsidering doing this any more.

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I guess if you were able to stay awake all night you managed to get one?  My official line is still frakk Bandai, personally.  I’m tired of standing in line in the middle of the night.

@MommarI woke up at 0130 Central Time US. No luck on any site. I have them all up and am refreshing them. But i agree with you. I took 14 years away from collecting Macross and just recently got back into it. This is just silly and I am very happy for those here that managed to secure one, but I don't like the way it went down and seeing them on YJ for the scalping rates. Even Badai Online had a few. I could have secured one there...at 100.00 mark up.

If I had managed to get one let alone 2 I would happily oblige @kkx . I am going to have to wait until release date and let everyone that had purchased multiple ones selling them   fight against one another until the price is reasonable tome before I secure one.

5 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

I ended up empty handed and am seriously reconsidering doing this any more.

Same here. I came up empty handed on the 31E night and it felt like  miracle when I got an order in at Amazon. 

My heart’s too big for PO madness :wacko:

1 minute ago, Alphahorizon said:

If I had managed to get one let alone 2 I would happily oblige @kkx . I am going to have to wait until release date and let everyone that had purchased multiple ones selling them   fight against one another until the price is reasonable tome before I secure one.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I missed the VF-1J and pay a steep mark up on release day. Too bad I have to resort to the same again.

23 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

I gave up a night's sleep and still managed to miss the late additions at NY and Bandaionline. Collecting Bandai DX is fun.

Also I can't figure out how to keep this from auto filling my last message I typed. (My last post quoted somebody)

21 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I have had the same problems with posting sometimes. It seems when I initially want to quote someone but change my mind I cant.

what i do when this happens, is click through to any other page and click on the box to type your reply. at the bottom you should have a "clear editor" message.

11 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Bandai is dumb. When your pre orders sale out in seconds you are leaving money on the table. It's enough to put people off collecting these things. 

Yup, I think I am out its madness . I have to try and compete against as scalpers because the company does not want to make more. 

The  make and remake their gundam models even when they finish but this stuff no. 

This reminds me of when Hot Toys used to under produce the exclusives and the scalpers would waiting in line to buy it. They stopped that practice but this guys continue to do it. They show of thr product at trade shows and then this. I mean kanzaki if they make him will be not be till next year what a joke and at this point who would want him with out max.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/31513-macross-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximillian-jenius-use-dx-chogokin--4573102567222.html

Nin nin with the killer markup as well.  Also interested if anyone has an extra pre-order.  

Well Bandai, I'm off the 1/48 train.  I got a Hikaru and that will be enough for me.

Edited by Smiley424

1 minute ago, Smiley424 said:

yeah nah. not willing to pay that, and really quite disappointed this is what it's come to.

I agree with most who are disheartened by this mornings PO madness and I think this settles the debate for me whether to collect the Bandai 1/48 or Arcadia 1/60 line.  Sure I'll pick it up if I find one close to MSRP, but this morning was total boocaca and don't think I want to give up a good night's sleep anymore for this.  

Hopefully more pre-orders will come later. The VF-1J had a couple of times pre-orders were added. At least through HLJ, can't say for the other sites. 

Does anyone know if there is a good way to monitor Amazon Japan via Distill? I get errors or random notifications every time the page is refreshed. 

This was definitely PO hell and the worst it has ever been.  People like to complain about HLJ, Amiami, etc. selling out quickly, but you have to realize that these are really niche websites that sell toys and we are lucky to have them, otherwise, it would be like it was back in the eighties where we knew there were cool toys but could never get them.  Is it ridiculous that we cannot get these items, yes.  Can these sites do better?  Of course.  Ultimately, Bandai has released a wonderful product at an absurdly low price and the scalpers have realized that people will pay Arcadia prices for these things.

I would love someone to figure out a way to make their shop scalper proof but that is not the reality of the world.  Greed always wins out.

Stayed up all night, tried everything. The Amazon links provided either crashed or didn't ship to my location. The 33K links do ship overseas. But I won't pay that $$.

Guess this time I had no luck with the preorder.

Focker's 1S is the one I really want. Hope Bandai realizes there is a huge amount of demand.

Just now, vlenhoff said:

Agreed, I think scalpers were out in full force last night. If anyone got an extra, let me know, and we can talk. i prefer to give my money to a macross member, and not to an effin' scalper.

Yeah they were, and I bet a lot of Bots were used as well. I'd gladly do the same and buy from a Macross Member (if any has buyer's remorse).

11 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Agreed, I think scalpers were out in full force last night. If anyone got an extra, let me know, and we can talk. i prefer to give my money to a macross member, and not to an effin' scalper.

I'm right there with you. I have had nothing but positive dealings with every member here when buying goods.