Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, beatsing said:

why don't they just put up a preorder window of a few months like some companies do, and take everyone's preorder and Bandai has the exact numbers to manufacture?  They'd get more sales, and not lose customers to competing products.  I stopped on the vf25 and vf31 cuz of this preorder madness.  

They don't get more sales that way. In order to meet this kind of demand is ask everyone to pay upfront. Because, the risk of Bandai here is that they make a lot to meet the demands of preorder, but after a few months, people starts to cancel. What's going to happen? Everything will be put on sale. So at this point, not sure if pay upfront (kind of made-to-order) is the solution for all this preorder madness.

Just now, Kanedas Bike said:

So what's the story with N-Y and their ticket entry thingy?

Did anyone get a Max there or are people waiting...

-b.

I didn't see a listing yet, than I hit refresh by accident lol

DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1A TV Max pre-order madness:  April 8, 2019

AVAILABLE NOW

32,970 yen  @ ヤノ商店 (AmazonJP)  https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07QC9VHJC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2HD4G7SARR8CA&psc=1  (+4,800 yen shipping to United States)

AVAILABLE SOON

18,468 yen  @ Nin-Nin-Games  https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/31513-macross-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximillian-jenius-use-dx-chogokin--4573102567222.html 

NOT AVAILABLE

17,100 yen  @ Hobby Search  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10605111

18,000 yen  @ CDJapan  http://mag.cdjapan.co.jp/?4_--_3284216_--_1885_--_9

18,000 yen  @ HLJ  https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1a-valkyrie-maximilian-jenius-use-bans56722

18,450 yen  @ AmiAmi  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-047859

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey b, plp are still waiting for max to be listed there. that's just to get into the website

1 minute ago, jenius said:

They haven't listed it yet. 

Thanks guys. All I can say is...:blink:

Just now, spacemanoeuvres said:

I didn't see a listing yet, than I hit refresh by accident lol

Crap, hope that doesn't hurt your chances.

And LOL at the "Marketplace" jerks on Amazon having their own little reverse bidding war. It's down to 32,970 JPY now

-b.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

They don't get more sales that way. In order to meet this kind of demand is ask everyone to pay upfront. Because, the risk of Bandai here is that they make a lot to meet the demands of preorder, but after a few months, people starts to cancel. What's going to happen? Everything will be put on sale. So at this point, not sure if pay upfront (kind of made-to-order) is the solution for all this preorder madness.

I'm ok with paying up front if that would help with the scalping.

2 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Thanks guys. All I can say is...:blink:

Crap, hope that doesn't hurt your chances.

And LOL at the "Marketplace" jerks on Amazon having their own little reverse bidding war. It's down to 32,970 JPY now

-b.

The same is happening on the YJA listings.  The "buy out" prices have started at 30k yen but I am starting to see it dropping to 29k yen.  Still ridiculous though.

5 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Can somebody make an animated GIF of the 1st episode of MacF where those VF-171's all launch missiles (preorders) at the varja and the varja just release those counter measure nets (server errors) all over? 

that's prolly the best visualization of tonight's PO madness

Vajra... Like Max PO... it's so elusive.

CfE9QDr.gif

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a good point.  Paying up front might not curb the madness, since these stores don't seem to have trouble selling out.  

Since they're all sold out all the time, Bandai is under selling; they could sell more if they knew what the demand was.

There's a smaller model company, that takes preorders for months, but asks for a small deposit non refundable.  then they ask for the remainder at release.  So, the company knows the exact demand and doesn't waste any extra units that have to be discounted.  I think they did a second release for popular items, but jacked up the price a bit, and even made a few extra units for hobby stores, and gave me a bonus item for preordering.  That preorder system is stress free, the customers get their product, and the company doesn't have that much risk.  

N-Y is restricting number of visitors to their site to do shopping...think of it as lining up outside an apple store for example....

but once inside you can do the usual shopping stuff...but you got to do your shopping within a certain time, else out to the line to wait again...

Edited by seti88

Pay up front will definitely discourage scalpers though. It's 10x easier to get a no-cost PO and then get hte inflated funds to pay for it than it is to put up all the cash up front and then hope somebody buys ur inflated product.

One is no-risk ez cash, the other is actual skin in the game.