Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Duymon said:

Got a report back from my bud in Japan. His wife got a preorder for the 1A at Yamada Denki. The shop only was able to get an alottment of 3 in the middle of bufu Gunma. They got the last one.......

His wife now knows how much all those DX chogokins cost.

Press "F" for his marital bliss.

DX 離婚!

1 minute ago, Duymon said:

Got a report back from my bud in Japan. His wife got a preorder for the 1A at Yamada Denki. The shop only was able to get an alottment of 3 in the middle of bufu Gunma. They got the last one.......

3?

Did Bandai severely cut the release numbers of this compared to the VF-1J? I mean, I figured they would make about half, but still...

2 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I have one hour and 15 minutes left to sleep!

Go to sleep, Ignnacio. Or have a sip of brandy or something while waiting for the sun to rise. :drinks:

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

FYI, I am continuing to watch AmazonJP, AmiAmi, HLJ, NY, CDJ. Anime-Export, MyKombini, Nin-Nin, and BandaiOnline.

Go to bed, Shizuka-chan. Don't stay too late to compile links. ;)

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

3?

Did Bandai severely cut the release numbers of this compared to the VF-1J? I mean, I figured they would make about half, but still...

why don't they just put up a preorder window of a few months like some companies do, and take everyone's preorder and Bandai has the exact numbers to manufacture?  They'd get more sales, and not lose customers to competing products.  I stopped on the vf25 and vf31 cuz of this preorder madness.  

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

wow, people are actually bidding up on Yahoo Japan out of desperation... crazy.

I will be honest and did consider biting at 30k yen, but with proxy charges and domestic shipping it will be almost 33k and that thought stopped me from going through with it.

I fear this will be a repeat of the 31A pricing on auction sites going forward...

Just now, beatsing said:

why don't they just put up a preorder window of a few months like some companies do, and take everyone's preorder and Bandai has the exact numbers to manufacture?  They'd get more sales, and not lose customers to competing products.  I stopped on the vf25 and vf31 cuz of this preorder madness.  

Because at some level they want to have this sort of demand and scalping, makes sure they almost always sell out, and don't get bargain binned like Yamato or Arcadia.

Just now, jenius said:

I never saw how many CDJ got but it definitely seems like stock was low this time around.

Know nothing about production planning, but I hope Bandai can adjust this seeing how fast these are snapped up during PO.

Hoping to have more on release day.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Because at some level they want to have this sort of demand and scalping, makes sure they almost always sell out, and don't get bargain binned like Yamato or Arcadia.

oh.  But wouldn't Arcadia just get some of their business from guys like us who couldn't get an order?

Also, I've seen that there's a KO of arcadia valk, so such higher scalping prices is just going to have KO companies cash in.

Edited by beatsing

I don;'t know how pre-orders on eBay works, but I saw this one listing for the TV Max.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-VF-1A-Valkyrie-Maximilian-Jenius-Japan-version/223475196868?hash=item340828e3c4:g:RGAAAOSwLgFcpy0C

About $318.76 + $49.44 shipping

At least the seller has 100% positive feedback.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Can somebody make an animated GIF of the 1st episode of MacF where those VF-171's all launch missiles (preorders) at the varja and the varja just release those counter measure nets (server errors) all over? 

that's prolly the best visualization of tonight's PO madness

Edited by Duymon