Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

How did you correct the wing flaps.  I too have the same issue?

Just using the wing flaps. The droopy wing flap sits on top of the other wing flap which keeps the wings aligned. As you can seen in my pic, the wing flaps are not aligned. The left wing flap is sitting on top of the right wing flap.

David, you have no idea the level of insanity some modellers go to produce exactly what you're talking about with the F-15C pic.  You're only just barely scratching the surface.  I'd invite you to the dark side of the modelling world sites that I frequent but I'm afraid you'd never be the same again. ;)

In all seriousness, there are quite a few sites that are devoted to showing others how they've gone about producing this level of "realness" in model airplanes.  WM Cheng does a lot of this with the models he builds but there are many ways to achieve this and the number of techniques and tools is only limited by time, budget, imagination and skill.  But here's one guy whose techniques I love, and although he's fond of language I don't tend to use a lot myself, I appreciate his humour and style of writing quite a bit: www.doogsmodels.com 

I'm dying to try out some of the techniques he uses on my 1J or some of the other larger toys I've got.

Just got mine. Trying to decide whether to open it or not. I have NOWERE to display it.  

You can open, inspect, and swoosh it if you want to. And since you have nowhere to display it, put it back after the swooshing. ^_^

Don't worry you're not the only one. I have three that I haven't opened because I have no room either... lol.

Not even an inspection? ;) 

How can you guys do this? Getting excited for new toy stuff. Waiting for months to arrive. And not opening it. What does your hearts tell you? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

Yeah I use to open just about everything but not anymore. I mean I have a couple of sideshow Vader statues that I had to have and never opened them. I just have no place to put anything!  I’ve had to put a damper on collecting.  Maybe I can get away with putting him on the dresser.   ;)

Yeah I use to open just about everything but not anymore. I mean I have a couple of sideshow Vader statues that I had to have and never opened them. I just have no place to put anything!  I’ve had to put a damper on collecting.  Maybe I can get away with putting him on the dresser.   ;)

Or... if you have multiples of it, stack 'em and put a glass on top -- instant coffee table for the living room. Or make it as a night table for your bedroom. Problem solved regarding display space issues. ;) 

David, you have no idea the level of insanity some modellers go to produce exactly what you're talking about with the F-15C pic.  You're only just barely scratching the surface.  I'd invite you to the dark side of the modelling world sites that I frequent but I'm afraid you'd never be the same again. ;)

In all seriousness, there are quite a few sites that are devoted to showing others how they've gone about producing this level of "realness" in model airplanes.  WM Cheng does a lot of this with the models he builds but there are many ways to achieve this and the number of techniques and tools is only limited by time, budget, imagination and skill.  But here's one guy whose techniques I love, and although he's fond of language I don't tend to use a lot myself, I appreciate his humour and style of writing quite a bit: www.doogsmodels.com 

I'm dying to try out some of the techniques he uses on my 1J or some of the other larger toys I've got.

Hey @mickyg, i just saw this post. i think it was another guy quoting Lolicon, you might've confused me with him^_^ but yeah, i'd love to see more modeling. show us your talent on the 1J if you ever do weather. i'll check out the doogsmodels.com regarless!  

:lol:

Don't worry you're not the only one. I have three that I haven't opened because I have no room either... lol.

guys, i understandB)) my place is brown shipper boxes.

i just got this and can't find a place for it. it's leaning in my kitchen doorway

FWxQmdsh.jpg

How can you guys do this? Getting excited for new toy stuff. Waiting for months to arrive. And not opening it. What does your hearts tell you? :rolleyes:

Yea... I've usually been pretty good about opening even for inspection, but I've realized I've fallen off pretty heavily with doing so for the last year. I guess I've been a bit preoccupied with other things and I know the fanboy on me is like "openitopenitopenit". I guess it also has to do with living in NYC and the lack of space. I'm afraid just to leave things out on my desk just for the night (in the event of me being too lazy or tired to put then back in the box after said swooshing) and it gets damaged by some uneventful force. 

To be fair I made sure to inspect the four yf-19s I got earlier last year... for broken head lasers and all, lol.

I haven't taken out most of my recent acquisitions, ran out of space to display. Also about to buy a condo, so it doesn't make sense to unbox everything just to re-box and finally display at the new place.

On the downside, I can now afford significantly fewer valkyries per month.

I totally agree!  It's like coming home to find this 1469367837047.jpg.7802573052821a9c67615b20824cdc3d.jpgwaiting for you in your bedroom and (assuming your are single) setting her aside being happy just knowing that she is there.  She needs inspection to make sure nothing is wrong/damaged/broken (and she really wants to be there) and then handle gently and make sure you don't break her.  Then lots of hugs, snuggling, etc.

6 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Yea... I've usually been pretty good about opening even for inspection, but I've realized I've fallen off pretty heavily with doing so for the last year. I guess I've been a bit preoccupied with other things and I know the fanboy on me is like "openitopenitopenit". I guess it also has to do with living in NYC and the lack of space. I'm afraid just to leave things out on my desk just for the night (in the event of me being too lazy or tired to put then back in the box after said swooshing) and it gets damaged by some uneventful force. 

To be fair I made sure to inspect the four yf-19s I got earlier last year... for broken head lasers and all, lol.

I did inspect my 19’s for broken head lasers. If there’s a known issue I’ll open em up. The 19’s my favorite and after about 10 times of me putting it on the coffee table and the GF taking it back off it’s finally stayed for a while. I think I won!

Edit: ok she actually moved it to the tv stand. Still a win 

C50DCBED-BD55-4506-B295-FA7FC5DB7B51.jpeg

Edited by ErikElvis

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Or... if you have multiples of it, stack 'em and put a glass on top -- instant coffee table for the living room. Or make it as a night table for your bedroom. Problem solved regarding display space issues. ;) 

I have one bedroom full of toys. Starting to leak into the other bedroom. Maybe I could just throw a mattress on top of all of the boxes!

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I totally agree!  It's like coming home to find this 1469367837047.jpg.7802573052821a9c67615b20824cdc3d.jpgwaiting for you in your bedroom and (assuming your are single) setting her aside being happy just knowing that she is there.  She needs inspection to make sure nothing is wrong/damaged/broken (and she really wants to be there) and then handle gently and make sure you don't break her.  Then lots of hugs, snuggling, etc.

Ok. What did I just read? This has nothing to do with some Habanero, right? :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I have one bedroom full of toys. Starting to leak into the other bedroom. Maybe I could just throw a mattress on top of all of the boxes!

Extra bed! Great for sleepover. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I totally agree!  It's like coming home to find this waiting for you in your bedroom and (assuming your are single) setting her aside being happy just knowing that she is there.  She needs inspection to make sure nothing is wrong/damaged/broken (and she really wants to be there) and then handle gently and make sure you don't break her.  Then lots of hugs, snuggling, etc.

i see......snuggle with your toys in bed!? :D

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. What did I just read? This has nothing to do with some Habanero, right? :rolleyes:

Extra bed! Great for sleepover. ^_^ 

Lets not go to 50 shades of habenero.

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I did inspect my 19’s for broken head lasers. If there’s a known issue I’ll open em up. The 19’s my favorite and after about 10 times of me putting it on the coffee table and the GF taking it back off it’s finally stayed for a while. I think I won!

Edit: ok she actually moved it to the tv stand. Still a win 

SET YOUR YF-19 FREE!! 

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This!

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You can open, inspect, and swoosh it if you want to. And since you have nowhere to display it, put it back after the swooshing. ^_^

And this!

14 hours ago, DewPoint said:

And..WTF?

hahahahhaha

On 3/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, mickyg said:

But here's one guy whose techniques I love, and although he's fond of language I don't tend to use a lot myself, I appreciate his humour and style of writing quite a bit:

...he’s good. He’s really good. I can see why you appreciate his technique!

21 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Are you Roger Rabbit?;)