Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

24 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Is $227 USD,  for a 1/60 scale with super/fast pack and armor/radar accessories, a reasonable price?

Sure, but the VF-1 stealth is larger and cooler, as is Yamato's low-vis grey.  And they're both 1:48, to scale with the DX Chogokin.

If it's a 1:60 VE-1 or a 1:48 stealth VF-1, I think the choice is clear.  8)

84257727_low-vis48s.thumb.jpg.944e4710d143071dcf53eacb2cc93f23.jpg

Plus, I can get you one here in Japan for much less than they go for online.

1 hour ago, Lockdown said:

I want to know what do you guys think about the Macross: Do You Remember Love? 1/60 Complete Transformation VE-1 ELINT Seeker Premium Finish by Arcadia.

I did preordered it, but I consider canceling it since I’m broke and it’s different scale from the only one I own. The only Macross that I own is he new DX VF-1J 1/48 and I haven’t opened it yet.

Is mixing scale really bad?

Should I wait and stick with the 1/48 scale only?

Thanks

The MW answer is keep it and don’t hold your breath waiting for a 1/48 and buy more 1/60s to go with it since 1/60 is the standard scale for most high end Valks. 

Since you mention you are broke, perhaps the right answer is cancel the order. 

I'd say it comes down to your budget, your display options, and patience.  Collecting takes years so you have to plan for the long term.

With collecting it's always good to restrict it down to what you like the most and have some discipline. I got rid of my Yamatos because they are already dated, and the scale isn't what I want for display. I think 1/60 lends itself to collecting an entire line more than 1/48, BUT with the market you end up paying hundreds for both sizes.

I think the Bandai Valks just win in every respect except the waist partsforming and not having missiles.

It has diecast. It has a ton of detail. It has better articulation. It looks amazing in every mode.

I plan to buy about 4 or 5 1/48 Bandai DX valks and part them out and call it a day.   Get a Roy, maybe a Max. Some super parts and Box armor and then be done. 

38 minutes ago, Capedbaldy said:

I plan to buy about 4 or 5 1/48 Bandai DX valks and part them out and call it a day.   Get a Roy, maybe a Max. Some super parts and Box armor and then be done. 

We can't call it a day, if Bandai decides on producing a 1/60 scale DX VF-1's then we're all screwed since it will line-up properly with the rest of their DX Chogokin Macross releases. 

Thank you all for all the input. 

I appreciated very much.

I’m not that broke, meaning I don’t have a credit card debt but I spent most of my small weekly saving on Transformers Masterpiece and little bit of 1/12 scale action figures  and now Macross Valkyrie.

And I spent a bit more last month so my piggy bank is bit more empty then usual so I have to save money for my next month preorder purchases...

I’m always trying buy something that really matters to me, special stuff etc. Plus my wife doesn’t want me to start hoarding toys. So I’m limited, space wise and wife wise lol

Edited by Lockdown

On 3/1/2019 at 5:55 PM, no3Ljm said:

We can't call it a day, if Bandai decides on producing a 1/60 scale DX VF-1's then we're all screwed since it will line-up properly with the rest of their DX Chogokin Macross releases. 

They'd have to be a pretty substantial improvement over Yamato for me to start re-collecting all those VF-1s again. But it'll be great for newer collectors as Yamatos are getting hard to find and expensive. I wouldn't hold my breath for an Arcadia reissue for some of those variants. :unknw:

I'd be happy if Bandai just gave us both VF-1EX at 1/60.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, tekering said:

Sure, but the VF-1 stealth is larger and cooler, as is Yamato's low-vis grey.  And they're both 1:48, to scale with the DX Chogokin.

If it's a 1:60 VE-1 or a 1:48 stealth VF-1, I think the choice is clear.  8)

84257727_low-vis48s.thumb.jpg.944e4710d143071dcf53eacb2cc93f23.jpg

Plus, I can get you one here in Japan for much less than they go for online.

Hey, you said you’re in Japan? I was wondering if you can get the Soul of Chogokin GX-71 Beast King GoLion Voltron reissue at a good price? I miss the preorder window two days ago, for 29,090 yen at amiami.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, spacemanspiff said:

any word on the super packs for this guy?  I don't want to miss-out on them.  These Bandai pieces are crazy hard to get.

I would assume we wouldn't get a super pack announcement until we have an announcement of a valk that used them in the show/movie.  This will more than likely be the VF-1S.

It may even end up being a "double announcement."

6 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I would assume we wouldn't get a super pack announcement until we have an announcement of a valk that used them in the show/movie.  This will more than likely be the VF-1S.

It may even end up being a "double announcement."

Bandai might do this, but for whatever reason, there's a long and varied history of HIkaru's 1J getting packaged with the TV super packs.

What I'm hoping is that we'll get one release of the Skull 1 VF-1S with a TV Roy pilot, and then Bandai will release both the TV supers, and DYRL strike packs, and include the proper pilots with them.  I honestly don't care one way or another about the yellow/black arrows on the DYRL/TV version head, I'm not bothering with two separate releases.

Edited by Chronocidal

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai might do this, but for whatever reason, there's a long and varied history of HIkaru's 1J getting packaged with the TV super packs.

What I'm hoping is that we'll get one release of the Skull 1 VF-1S with a TV Roy pilot, and then Bandai will release both the TV supers, and DYRL strike packs, and include the proper pilots with them.  I honestly don't care one way or another about the yellow/black arrows on the DYRL/TV version head, I'm not bothering with two separate releases.

Bandai will just release the 1S with no arrows on the head and no pilot figures to achieve a simultaneous TV & DYRL release and then make you buy another TWE if you want a pilot or head with arrows on them. Might as well thrown in a blood-soaked pilot seat as a first edition bonus. 

Sounds like a plan. :good:

GSI Creos Mr Topcoat semi-gloss - hmm never heard of that.  Is it more durable than semi-gloss Future?  I'd like to find something that would be able to withstand transformation better.

Oh gorgeous photography BTW Lolicon - aside from the amazing weathering too.

Edited by wm cheng

Tamiya weathering kits.

Might start experimenting with some burnt metal effects since the feet are actually metal now. 

Cool, I thought so. I have some weathering kits as well but haven't tried them yet.