Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Agreed. The Arcadia VF-0S is a beautiful Valk and one of my favorite Valkyrie toys. One of the best made for sure in my book. However the DX VF-1J is, imo, slightly better due to the better/tigher hips and solid feeling/less creaky legs. 

My 0S doesn't seem to have those issues but yes, these are my two favorite and best made Valks, IMO. Makes sense as they are the newest designs for premium VF-1 style Valks with the other designs out being around 10 year old designs or older (but still nice, imo).

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

It's a shame @kurisama never got around to the VF-1D MtF head....the rest of the figure is the same as the SDFM VF-1D, so literally it would just be a head swap....

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

If I remember correctly the canopy and cockpit is slightly different in the MtG. Just doing a head swap would not be enough.

4 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

If I remember correctly the canopy and cockpit is slightly different in the MtG. Just doing a head swap would not be enough.

Yeah, that has been brought up before and you are 100% correct.....However, in terms of the toys, every release so far from Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia has always been a hybrid.....it is never 100% TV or DYRL...even the latest DX 1/48 is no exception....so those specific "sections" have more or less received an indefinite "pass" from most lineart purists who want to collect these VF-1's...it is an understandable cost-savings omission and honestly, not that big of a deal....so just swapping the VF-1D MtF head would most likely be exactly what Arcadia would give us if they decided to release one for the masses

VF1_canopy_variants.jpg

26 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

My 0S doesn't seem to have those issues but yes, these are my two favorite and best made Valks, IMO. Makes sense as they are the newest designs for premium VF-1 style Valks with the other designs out being around 10 year old designs or older (but still nice, imo).

Sorry. I made the 0S sound worse than it actually is. Lol The legs on my VF-0S are solid too and everything works great on it. It's just when I compare it to the Bandai DX VF-1J, the bottom half of the DX just feels slightly more refined and robust. 

47 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Sorry. I made the 0S sound worse than it actually is. Lol The legs on my VF-0S are solid too and everything works great on it. It's just when I compare it to the Bandai DX VF-1J, the bottom half of the DX just feels slightly more refined and robust. 

Haha, all good! When you compare great with best, one of them is going to sound worse. :D

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I know, but I'm taking my good luck or lack of, into account :lol:

Oh yes we shld always count lucky stars...otherwise rely on amazon..I have my reservations abt their packing but hey if you can secure one, save you the headache of hunting...;)..seems like few folks have been relying on it quite sufficiently...

Just now, Hikaroso said:

I realize Im waaaay late here but will there be a restock of the 1j ?  !!!!

It’s still in stock at NY and pops up on mandarake now and then. 

I don’t think anyone knows if it will be reissued. 

P-Bandai means Premium Bandai. It's the storefront for online exclusives like TWE.

Essentially means that it will be produced once only, and to match pre-order numbers. No general release, not available from most retailers. Grey market sites will have it, but they'll charge over MSRP since they have to pay MSRP to get it.

11 minutes ago, Raptor One said:

Anywhere still selling preorders for the weapons set?

NY still has stock, however you got pay upfront.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/26995-dx-chogokin-missile-set-for-vf-1-limited-edition.html

Edit: Is there any other places that I may have missed?

Edited by borgified