Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Holy hell! 480 grams! :shok:, is even heavier than the Metal Build Aile Strike at 366 grams, with this my excitement for this Valk skyrocket!!!, for me the heft in a figure is one of the most important things in this hobby, I really don't remember how much weight had my previously owned Yamato 1/48 VF 1J Max, if somebody knows how much weights a Yamato VF 1j 1/48 without supers would be awesome to know, well at least for me for sure it would it be, :D 

38 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

if somebody knows how much weights a Yamato VF 1j 1/48 without supers would be awesome to know, well at least for me for sure it would it be, :D 

About the same as your Metal Build Aile Strike, actually.

weight.thumb.jpg.5163834652fb3a71bf09723c42de5589.jpg

1 hour ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I like this guy's reviews. Alsways shows more details than other YouTubers I've seen.

Ooohh.. he transformed it without removing the legs.

Why does it seem like its a lot easier to transform than the Yamato 1/48?

he does know his Valks, so I think it's just his years of experiences at transforming them.

compare to the current Valkyries, the VF-1 is a breeze to transform. 

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

Nice yt-review.

It'll be interesting to see how the backpack actually holds up the eventual FAST-Packs securely. 

iirc, the old Yammie 1/48 has a little hook to help secure the backpack, whereas this new DX does not have it.

Bandai's current trend seem to be extra clips to hold and secure joints .  :mellow:

so the Fast-packs will most likely come with those clips 

Guys, don't hate on the small shops too much on the added shipping cost.  The bonus stand added 33% size to the box, but I think Bandai probably just gave everyone the regular release size data, since the re-issue will be that size with the same UPC code.  Those small shop are not going to eat the cost which is not their fault. 

looking forward to feeling the heft of this thing! and posing those fully articulating fingers! 

going back to that antenna.. surely there was a way they could have made it a fixed but deploy-able part instead of it being loose..? Though my question is why would it be needed in gerwalk and not in the other two modes? Bit silly really. 

1200yen DHL is utterly insane....ami is costing me abt 2250 yen for SAL....how much is amazon charging for the valk?

As much Amazon is competitive, come PO day priority is securing a PO than risking not getting one...

found another HK(?) youtuber with the vf-1j ...

he has a panel lining vid, which i posted in the HMR thread...

Edited by seti88

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

1200yen DHL is utterly insane....ami is costing me abt 2250 yen for SAL....how much is amazon charging for the valk?

As much Amazon is competitive, come PO day priority is securing a PO than risking not getting one...

for initial pre-orders amazon charged 18000yen

no one looked on amazon till a friend from another discord posted it. (Macross valks were normally was blocked to ship overseas) he wasn't even a macross fan but into TF's but liked it bc it reminded him of G1 Jetfire.

hopefully, Harmony Gold doesn't try to block this goldmine of a resource.   

7 minutes ago, bleecher said:

How does the length in fighter mode compare to other recent releases in the 1/60 dx line such as the vf-31 and the yf-19?

check out the vid that @F360 posted. 

there's side by sides with the 31

edit: also just watched the vid @seti88 posted, at the end the  dx 1j is posed next to a 19

Edited by davidwhangchoi

7 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

for initial pre-orders amazon charged 18000yen

no one looked on amazon till a friend from another discord posted it. (Macross valks were normally was blocked to ship overseas) he wasn't even a macross fan but into TF's but liked it bc it reminded him of G1 Jetfire.

hopefully, Harmony Gold doesn't try to block this goldmine of a resource.   

Nice, ami's PO price is competitive, but i gotta wait till they are back before shipping through SAL starts...so your excitement and valk delivery are gonna be in synch!

I gotta maintain the excitement till i get it...:D

Amazon is turning the term marketing and distribution upside down...so perhaps this goldmine will hold for some time...

Besides amazon has more than enough firepower if HG wants a fight...

8 minutes ago, treatment said:

welp!

buyers from amz-jp, check your tracking now!

mine says:

dx-1j-from-amz-jp.jpg.fcb8cb22899e83fec34e55f969fb3030.jpg

Looking like Monday (12/31) delivery, if customs don't hold it up...

:bump:

wow! 

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Damm thats fast....:yahoo:

yeah!  have 2 from amiami  as well. hopefully after the holidays they'll ship fast! i initially grabbed amiami then my discord buddy shared about amazon so i got one out of curiosity then came over and posted it on MW.   i was going to go with SAL as well but  it wasn't too much more for DHL for group shipping 2x.

1 minute ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I hope we are not going to revisit the whole fragile leg fin fiasco from the DX YF-19. Some one has already reported that the fins are sheared at the pins.

i already expected this to be fragile and floppy. 

i also can see the connecting piece to the swing bar to come loose over time  eventually making it a permanent parts former.  

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

*snip*

(1) i already expected this to be fragile and floppy. 

(2) i also can see the connecting piece to the swing bar to come loose over time  eventually making it a permanent parts former.  

(1) I certainly bloody hope not! :unsure::rolleyes:

(2) Superglue! :good:

39 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I hope we are not going to revisit the whole fragile leg fin fiasco from the DX YF-19. Some one has already reported that the fins are sheared at the pins.

BTW - Tekering those pictures look fantastic!

A9A0172F-371C-4B48-B303-C3D344C748C6.png

Urge. Why does that fin even need to fold? For the crouching poses?

23 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

^ for the eventual GBP armor.

Paid for amiami as soon as payment request was sent yesterday, no shipping notification. The request for payment also says they will close the store today so yeah, it will be shipped after New Year. (same for NY, I guess)

HMR’s GBP doesn’t need fins to fold.