Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

19 minutes ago, F360 said:

Item Size/Weight : 38 x 25 x 14.7 cm / 1762g

So with packaging and shipping box , it will go over 2000g for sure . That means no small packet.  

Shipping box and packaging for this size should be around 850g so the final weight will probably be close to 2600g

Thanks for the info F360 I'm even more excited this valk! even thou it really got me by surprise that shipping cost, I was expecting something no more than 6000 Yen, but oh well really happy is now paid, finally will have again a 1/48 Valk!, I used to have a 1/48 VF 1J Max with supers but sold it lots of years ago and I do really missed my old yamato, but look at it now Bandai to the rescue!!!. :D     

57 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Just my got Amiami request. They changed it to DHL because it was cheaper than EMS. 7510 for DHL, 7860 for EMS.

me too

33 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Same for AmiAmi, although I could of sworn that I requested DHL to begin with. Either way I'm glad to have received and paid the invoice. I can wait if there's a delay since my HLJ order should arrive on Monday.

@davidwhangchoiI ordered (3) total. 1 from HLJ and 2 from AmiAmi

-b.

me too

almost the same except i got one from amazon. 2 from amiami

Just received payment email from AmiAmi for my two VF-1Js and made payment. Like others have noted, they automagically switched my order to DHL from EMS for a lower rate. I'm glad that they're being proactive in that sense. JPY7510 for shipment of two pieces - not too terribly bad.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Whoa!! Slow down on your thoughts. Patience mon ami.

This DX-VF1J just got released overseas and it will be sometime when someone will do it with the original Yammie V.2 /Arcadia GBP. You and everyone will get the results soon.

Haha. Wait what? How on earth will you squeeze a 1/48 DX into a 1/60? I’m asking about the 1/48 Yamato.

The request was obvious.

I actually kind of wish they wouldn't do the automatic switch to DHL... Unlike EMS, which just goes to the post office, or FedEx, or UPS, which both have offices here, I have to make absolutely certain that I'm home for DHL deliveries, or all they'll do is repeatedly leave requests to drop the package with no signature, which I'm not going to do. 

26 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Haha. Wait what? How on earth will you squeeze a 1/48 DX into a 1/60? I’m asking about the 1/48 Yamato.

The request was obvious.

Mass shifting/animation errors?? :lol:

Now this is making me think to a get a GBP for my 1/48 Strike Hikaru or for the Low Vis 1a..

4 hours ago, tekering said:

You didn't get Yamato's 1:48 Kakizaki or Max?  They released both movie and TV versions.

3217566135_9d0c2dda3a_o.jpg

41cSZWVIdkL.jpg

Did Yamato officially release the 1/48 TV MAx, & Kakizaki? Or was it like a web special. I doubt many MW memebers have these two. I would have them, that's for sure. 

BTW Amiami requested payment. I told them to shut up and take my money. 

Edited by vlenhoff

Just now, jenius said:

Hayao's a bit tougher to come by but you see TV Max available fairly often. Obviously they've held their value a lot better than most other 1/48 toys since they were Macross Chronicles mail-order toys but they weren't terribly hard to get.

Thanks Jenius, i knew there was a catch. I hope Bandai release these two. How hard can it be for a company to release the main TV mecha. Sometimes i hate exclusive/mail order editions, i swear. 

Just now, nightmareB4macross said:

Well if Bandai decides to release it at all or as soon as Yamato, then you might want to take a look at the release schedule in the “Toys Section” as tho might provide ball park figure.

Even if i forgot to use our tools, which i did, lol. I think it is sort of a bad marketing move, when products are not easily available to all. Plus no 2 seaters either in the old Yammie 1/48 line. Instead of perfecting and finishing the 1/48 line, they jumped ship and went with the 1/60 V2. Not to beat on an old dead horse, but that was my greatest dissapointment back then. 

Let's hope Bandai finishes the 1/48 line properly. As they have almost done with the VF-1 HM-R series. BTW,  is there a TV 1A Max, and TV 1A Kakizake in the HM-R line?

Edited by vlenhoff
Maybe it is just me, but for the casual collector, a TV 1S Roy, 1J Hikaru, 1A Max, and 1A Kakizake should be the holy grail of this series.

Personally i find all 3 modes of the VF-1 to be equally awesome. Gerwalk just has a perfect balance. Wings over the arms, no junk hanging off the back. The same cannot be said for any of the other transforming fighters. 

It’s why I just had to get 3 of this iconic fighter. I would not be satisfied if I were unable to display this beauty in all 3 glorious modes. 

Anyone else planning on panel lining? I’m also planning on lightly weathering mine. I’m kind of dreading the time it will take to do all 3. It’s going to take ages because I also dry brush the metal parts. :o

Urghhh i want to get 3 as well but I have to stop at 2 due to my wallet hemorrhaging from all other purchases.
Not to mention i have home repair bills to settle off :angry:

Panel-lining wise, it would definitely be nice to do on this, however the usual excuses apply...

if i could, i would only do one tho....i still like to have one at least..."stock"

Edited by seti88

Just now, eggy99 said:

Anyone else planning on panel lining? I’m also planning on lightly weathering mine. I’m kind of dreading the time it will take to do all 3. It’s going to take ages because I also dry brush the metal parts. :o

Absolutely, I always panel line at least a Hikkie 1J, a 1S, and a CF. About getting multiples, my wallet had a serious talk with me, and it is not possible at this point. 

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

BTW,  is there a TV 1A Max, and TV 1A Kakizake in the HM-R line?

Not yet in the HMR line.

For the 1/48 line, I might just stick to one of each release and only collect TV releases.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

https://twitter.com/vf_22s_/status/1078929052449132545

DvkgP6tUwAIVv1_.thumb.jpg.cee34b6bd0cd8bae8c447ff248fffda3.jpg

Oh my....i tot battroid would be the best mode for the 1/48 from the pics shown so far...but...

That looks great.

Just now, sh9000 said:

Not yet in the HMR line.

It still boggle my mind how the TV 1A Max and Kakizaki are mostly left behind. In my mind the TV series was immensely more popular than the movie. Maybe it is different in Japan? If it was up to me, TV Roy, Hikkie, MAx and kakizake would be the primal focus of the series.  

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Mass shifting/animation errors?? :lol:

Now this is making me think to a get a GBP for my 1/48 Strike Hikaru or for the Low Vis 1a..

I love the GBP for the Yammie 1/48. Out of all the GBP releases so far, it was the most imposing looking IMO. Can’t wait to add a fifth GBP set to my collection... :D

HOLY COW. With the stock DX VF-1 already pretty beefy looking just imagine how thicc GBP will be! 

I almost regret not getting 4th for GBP release, but just can’t afford it. I’ll just pray Bandai release the GBP with VF-1J like they did with HMR. 

Looks like the Yamato pilot is significantly larger than the DX. 

Everyone knows you need 8 copies: 1 for each mode, 1 for each mode with super/strike parts, 1 for armor, and 1 to keep MISB :lol: if only I had the room. 

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It still boggle my mind how the TV 1A Max and Kakizaki are mostly left behind. In my mind the TV series was immensely more popular than the movie. Maybe it is different in Japan? If it was up to me, TV Roy, Hikkie, MAx and kakizake would be the primal focus of the series.  

^This! DYRL was the visually attractive babe but you know you want the one that makes you laugh. :lol:

So hoping for vermillion squadron..

1 hour ago, tekering said:

My attic is ready.  B))

Oh, storage bliss....tho i might imagine you need to check for dampness, mites etc up there.... 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh double wallet destroyed GIF! :yahoo: