Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

58 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Has anyone tried to place the original GBP armor on the DX?

My list of things I’d like to try with the DX so far:

- see if the 1/48 Yammie missiles fit (and if not, how different is the fit)

- see if the YF-19 FSP (1/60 scale) weapons work with this

- check the goodness of fit of the VF-171 style missile packs on he DX 1/48

- skeptical that it will even work at all, but at least take a look at how the 1/48 Yammie GBP set and the strike packs could fit the DX. 

32 minutes ago, treatment said:

wait, what?

Thought only when you use PP that you get charged upfront with CDJ preorders.

i never use PP when preordering with cdj.

CDJ required full payment up front, plus shipping. It was paid via PP. The initial shipping was $20. Then out the blue they requested another $29. This toy with no frakkin missiles set has now become $220-230 lol 

35 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

That sounds like bullshit to me. The preorder required full payment up front which include shipping. That’s on their part for not properly accessing the shipping. Now they just billed be for $29 for shipping when I already paid for shipping. Its like they double charged you for shipping.

If they pull this crap for the next VF-1 PO then I’m done. I’ll take my chance when it becomes in stock. 

It’s not totally their fault since preorder shipping cost are estimates.  You have to do your part too by planing how big and heavy your preorder item might me .  I do that for all my preorders .

base on the actual size and weight of the items, their shipping cost of 5200 yen for ems is pretty fair .  

CDJapan's original shipping cost listed to me was 3700 yen ($33.55) and went up to 5200 yen ($47.15). So $13.60 more. Not super happy about it but that's not what I would call crazy.

EDIT: I hate that math made me feel better. Im shaking my fist at my 4th grade math teacher.

Edited by Syro

3 minutes ago, Agent-GHQ said:

CDJ required full payment up front, plus shipping. It was paid via PP. The initial shipping was $20. Then out the blue they requested another $29. This toy with no frakkin missiles set has now become $220-230 lol 

Yeah.

Figured you used PP on 'em.  Thought everybody here knew that already that you get charged upfront when you use PP on CDJ.

At any rate, try to use a CC (vs or mc, don't think they accept dsc) with them instead of PP. 

That way, you don't get charged up front and you get to cancel your order if you don't agree with the shipping upcharge or whatever.

48 minutes ago, jenius said:

This has been explained already. NY charges far more than actual shipping so when they ask for more, it seems unjust. Other retailers, who charge amounts based on reality, get understanding when they guess wrong on packaging dimensions and have to charge actual shipping costs.

All good. NY also has the lowest initial preorder price by far. Gotta give and take. 

I’m just glad we have options and don’t need to pay a middle man import fee. 

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, we’ll see if the Amazon estimate of 1/3 or the DHL estimate of 1/7 is correct.

Looks like AmiAmi is the slow kid. Unfortunately I’m visiting relatives and can’t access my account to check status.

I just received payment request from amiami minutes ago and paid for my order. Base price 16480 yen + 5480 yen EMS = 21,960 yen total shipped to the US. But the holiday schedules plus EMS shipping speed may mean that I won’t get it before I leave on the 9th... will see. 

How long is SAL Parcel? I am in California. 

Maybe I migth switch to DHL for 900 yen more which is maybe another $8 usd.

Here is my grand total for 2.

Subtotal: 32,960 JPY
Shipping: 6,610 JPY
Grand total: 39,570 JPY

Edited by dapro

2 minutes ago, dapro said:

Multiple items it is.

F360 was right, too.

Not sure SAL-Parcel if will be cheaper (significantly or not) than EMS, but I reckon it'll be slow shipping and stuff in comparison.

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Just paid for my pair at AmiAmi. I only wanted 1 but the PO madness was legit and I was afraid to change the quantity :lol:

Same here , i guess their new site is giving them more revenue one way or another . 

11 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Holy hell !! why shipping is so expensive ?,  for those who got it, is it really that big of a box ?,  aw dammit oh well I already paid for DHL, :wacko:

Now where are those @no3Ljm superb destroying wallet  gifs so I don't feel so bad of what I just did :blink:

Item Size/Weight : 38 x 25 x 14.7 cm / 1762g

So with packaging and shipping box , it will go over 2000g for sure . That means no small packet.  

Shipping box and packaging for this size should be around 850g so the final weight will probably be close to 2600g

24 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I just received payment request from amiami minutes ago and paid for my order. Base price 16480 yen + 5480 yen EMS = 21,960 yen total shipped to the US. But the holiday schedules plus EMS shipping speed may mean that I won’t get it before I leave on the 9th... will see. 

Got my payment request as well, 4655 for EMS to California. Unfortunately, I don’t have my login info, and can’t remember the answer to my security question, so I’ll have to wait until the 2nd to pay.

23 minutes ago, dapro said:

I have three options of shipment.

EMS : 7,860 JPY
 SAL Parcel : 6,610 JPY
 DHL : 7,510 JPY

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Just my got Amiami request. They changed it to DHL because it was cheaper than EMS. 7510 for DHL, 7860 for EMS.

Same for AmiAmi, although I could of sworn that I requested DHL to begin with. Either way I'm glad to have received and paid the invoice. I can wait if there's a delay since my HLJ order should arrive on Monday.

@davidwhangchoiI ordered (3) total. 1 from HLJ and 2 from AmiAmi

-b.

I just paid, but they got my phone number wrong on the order (old cell number), which I can't change even though I updated on my account page. Hope they don't have to call me.

18 minutes ago, dapro said:

Maybe I migth switch to DHL for 900 yen more which is maybe another $8 usd.

Sal parcel takes around 2-3 weeks.   Might get a bit delay if there’s lots of roll over volume from Christmas .

its a better bet if you can switch to Dhl since sal parcel don’t have full insurance.

sal parcel means your package will be mixed with many other Sal parcel packages , all over 2000g , some are very heavy and will damage your package if it somehow fall over /lands on it .  

Sal small packet is ok because it will be mixed mostly with packages that’s under 2000g.