Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Anyone to translate the pics about the cartoon-style hands?

While on the subject though.. is it just me, or do the hands look weird?  I know the DYRL style hands were only two-jointed, and maybe these are meant to be a middle-ground between the three-knuckled cartoon version and a mechanical-looking hand, but.. it just looks strange to me.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, it’s the VF-1. There’s only so many bits that move about, and they all do so pretty logically. They’re all also in plain sight, unlike the 31 where you have to open a door in the wing to expose the hand, to lift it out, to move it forward and rotate the arm and fold the panel back and...

42 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Well, it’s the VF-1. There’s only so many bits that move about, and they all do so pretty logically. They’re all also in plain sight, unlike the 31 where you have to open a door in the wing to expose the hand, to lift it out, to move it forward and rotate the arm and fold the panel back and...

simply elegant

No guarantee if future super/strike packs will come with any armaments.  

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So, Bandai... when is the release of the next DLC announcement? :aggressive:

i would think all quiet on the release front till next march/april..:rolleyes: besides my wallet needs a break!

Time to sell some body parts or take a third job...:rolleyes:

Btw, ollie just did a write up on the 1J..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/12/23/dx-chogokin-vf-1j-valkyrie-toy-review-easily-one-of-the-best-macross-toys-ever-made/

nothing MWForum folks haven’t already known (except perhaps diecast feet!) but worth a read as a fan review ...perhaps the first official review(?):rolleyes:

Dat headline tho...:lol: am getting more excited to have it in!

am sure some will have something to say abt it..but I thk better to have it in hand before passing judgement..

Edited by seti88

On 12/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, Lolicon said:

I'm not sure how you guys can tolerate anime in general if Nishida's mannerisms bother you guys so much. You guys must prefer the more uptight ladies, like a certain Japanese lady friend of mine who's so damn uptight I'm certain a singularity would form if she was clenched any harder. :p

I find a lot of anime nowadays appear to be geared towards girls, children, creepy dudes with weird fetishes for underage girls.  A little kawaii is fine, but it seems like it's dominating a lot of modern anime, so I guess you're right, I don't bother with anime in general. 

You don't see that kind of garbage in the likes of the original Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Berserk, or even DYRL.  

My wife is Japanese, but when my eyes stray, they're certainly not looking at the bimbo-esque likes of Nishida.  Hell, even bunny-girls back in the day weren't that dumb.  Yes, I dated a bunny girl from Japan.....for 6 years, she was hot, and it was a fukking awesome 6 years.  When she clenched, she nearly broke my jaw.....on more than one occasion.  Pics and videos available on request to anyone local.

Anyway, back on topic, what's the story on these things, will I be able to walk into a store and just grab one in February, or do I have to order one now?  Going to Japan near the middle of February. 

Also, I really want a Roy VF-1S....guess there hasn't been any announcements, and if there is one in the works, guess it probably won't be available by Feb?  Going again in November.

Edited by peter

Nowadays? 

2 hours ago, peter said:

I find a lot of anime nowadays appear to be geared towards girls, children, creepy dudes with weird fetishes for underage girls.  A little kawaii is fine, but it seems like it's dominating a lot of modern anime, so I guess you're right, I don't bother with anime in general. 

Nowadays? DYRL did have the Minmay shower scene. But, I do agree with you. There is a lot more blatant sexuality and the girls do seem to be getting younger and younger. None of the girls in SDF:M or DYRL were as young as Mao, Ranka, Freya or even what's her name from M7. Delta was over the top with too many anime girls for my taste. Too many characters in general.

Thankfully we still have the valkyries to distract from the other short comings. Now where is my VF-1J shipping notice?

19 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Mylene?

I gave M7 a once over, and I hated it.  Mostly because of that annoying peace-loving hippie turd Basara. 

Don't recall much about Mylene, but come to think of it, she seemed a bit young.

4 hours ago, peter said:

You don't see that kind of garbage in the likes of the original Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Berserk, or even DYRL.  

Define "nowadays"?

We actually discussed this topic back in my Japanese anime class at MIT (Yes, MIT had an undergraduate anime elective course. taught by Prof. Ian Condry... fun class).

Ranma 1/2, which aired in 1989, featured teenage girls (and the main character who transformed into a teenage girl, a girl who turned into a cat, a boy who turned into a pig, etc.) who were portrayed topless on multiple occasions. Talk about creepy fetishes on multiple levels.  

And I believe that there were still a plethora of anime geared towards girls and children back then to. Magical Emi in the mid 1980s, Sailor Moon and Miracle Girls in the early 1990s, just to name a very small few. 

I am not sure things have really changed all that much between back then and now, other than computers being used to animate shows and a lot more media being more readily available and accessible to people outside of Japan, thanks to the internet.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 hours ago, peter said:

My wife is Japanese, but when my eyes stray, they're certainly not looking at the bimbo-esque likes of Nishida.  Hell, even bunny-girls back in the day weren't that dumb.  Yes, I dated a bunny girl from Japan.....for 6 years, she was hot, and it was a fukking awesome 6 years.  When she clenched, she nearly broke my jaw.....on more than one occasion.  Pics and videos available on request to anyone local.

Anyway, back on topic, what's the story on these things, will I be able to walk into a store and just grab one in February, or do I have to order one now?  Going to Japan near the middle of February. 

Also, I really want a Roy VF-1S....guess there hasn't been any announcements, and if there is one in the works, guess it probably won't be available by Feb?  Going again in November.

Yes , you will be able to walk in a store and just grab one in Feb along with paying higher than msrp.  

I still can't bring myself to buy the damrn missiles.

It is like listening to a phone ring eternally, but you won't answer it...

Nudes or not, plot & character development is what matters to me in any sort of movie. I tried watching Baywatch back then, and the plot could not engage me. Tip of the hat to the beautiful cast, but I was bored with plot. Plot?

With that said, i think people exaggerate when it comes to nudity. Have you ever seen yourself in the mirror?

On 12/20/2018 at 10:27 PM, CF18 said:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-316817

CD Japan have the missile now.  Cost more than NY but cost much less in shipping.  Don't forget the little coupon: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/coupon/18yearend

And speaking of NY shipping, I had a SAL package that took almost a month to move inside Japan.  Not sure if they slow it because of the postal worker strike in the final destination Canada.

vLnZeU3.png

That's due to the September typhoon. Also have N-Y shipments during that period, that took almost a month to actually leave Japan.  Their usual exit point point (OSAKA INT) was damaged and thus its operation slowed down (and some packages diverted to TOKYO INT).

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

Waiting for my Amiami payment email. I want to pay already before the AUD drops even more. Everyday my 3 valks are costing me more than I estimated 6 months ago. :lol:

same here with russian ruble. It's a garbage anyway, but now it's even worst