Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 12/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, Killaforevah said:

I don't know how I feel about this, seems like I little of part-forming. It's hard to tell if the hips are ratcheted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPH27xLRM20

In this video it has two ppl transforming simultaneously to battloid. The dude keeps the legs attached for perfect transformation and the woman detaches them whilst transforming. I’m assuming it is to illustrate the functionality of convenience during transformation to be able to put entire lower assembly aside during upper torso transformation if you so desire. Making it less fiddly/frustrating during transformation. The funny thing is they both complete transformation roughly at the same time. I think she says Sugoi (cuuute) approx 35 times lol.  I personally think the design choice is brilliant. So long as the connection does not end up an Achilles heel.  Sometimes less is more. 

Edit: whoops sorry. Just noticed someone posted this a page or two back. Haven’t been staying on top of this thread. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

5 minutes ago, Major Focker said:

cute=kawaii

sugoi=awesome/amazing

.. unless you meant she was cute for saying sugoi so many times? :unknw:

I know. I meant it was cute. Adorable actually. I’m used to my Wife looking at my toys and only making one sound. “SIGH”

5 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

gonna get 1 of this....Just in case Super & Strike Parts come with out it.

I really doubt the super parts will include the missiles. 

I hope they release super/strike parts soon. My ultimate goal is a Hikaru-piloted TV VF-1S super valkyrie in with reaction missiles, even though I will probably have to piece it all together. 

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

58 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I know. I meant it was cute. Adorable actually. I’m used to my Wife looking at my toys and only making one sound. “SIGH”

My wife and I both agreed on kawaii kunai, kimochiwarui and sugoi ira-ira, lol!  She'd probably be ideal to work in a Maid Cafe or something.

Her lower lip....I can't stop noticing how massive it is......

Edited by peter

14 hours ago, peter said:

300 likes, 55 dislikes....comments disabled.  Guess there are a few that are either not happy with the toy or not happy with the video, lol!

The chick was annoying AF, but I guess that's the sort of thing that gets nerds hard nowadays. 

Anyway, back to the DX, I'll probably still get one....going to Japan again Feb, see if I can find one.

I

was kinda annoying. had to turn down the audio. looks good in fighter

37 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wow you have to wait till June to get missles. Is there any place you can preorder with pay later option. I really don't feel like paying upfront when i don't even have the valk yet.

From a friend who has preordered more than 1 set. A really GOOD friend. :p

23 minutes ago, Saviant said:

Thanks for the links, I grabbed one set from nippon lastnight 6 hours after the preorder time, didn't think I would get an order

TWE items like this are made to order, and pay up front, they don't sell out and there's no pre-order madness, the pre-order will just eventually close and then orders placed and paid will be filled and shipped when the product arrives.

10 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

TWE items like this are made to order, and pay up front, they don't sell out and there's no pre-order madness, the pre-order will just eventually close and then orders placed and paid will be filled and shipped when the product arrives.

Except... When things go awry!

Edited by jenius

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

was kinda annoying. had to turn down the audio. looks good in fighter

Hey David. Are you saying you’ve watched the Delta series with the audio down too? :rolleyes:

Anyways, did you preorder the missiles too? I’ll probably going to order at NY since the other item I’m going to order is still available from them. I was hoping in BIJ, but the other TWE item I’m going to order is already sold out.

So, I'm calling NY on their account credit shenanigans.

I offered to reduce my 31A order from 2 to 1 in order to expedite shipping.. they did it with no confirmation that I'd only receive store credit.  I expected it from other users here, but they didn't confirm with me that that was what would happen.

Now, I went to try and use that store credit with the missiles... except they won't allow it, because for some incomprehensible reason, their account system can't handle using part of your store credit.

I filed a ticket on my original 31A order, just saying outright.  "This credit system is unacceptable.  Either let me use it to buy what I want from the store, or send me my second 31A."  (Not exactly those words, but paraphrasing).

We'll see what their response is.

On that note, anyone know what the order deadline for the missiles is?  If I don't hear any kind of response by tomorrow, I'm just ordering three sets, and leaving that credit sit until the 31 armor packs come out.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I'm calling NY on their account credit shenanigans.

I offered to reduce my 31A order from 2 to 1 in order to expedite shipping.. they did it with no confirmation that I'd only receive store credit.  I expected it from other users here, but they didn't confirm with me that that was what would happen.

Now, I went to try and use that store credit with the missiles... except they won't allow it, because for some incomprehensible reason, their account system can't handle using part of your store credit.

I filed a ticket on my original 31A order, just saying outright.  "This credit system is unacceptable.  Either let me use it to buy what I want from the store, or send me my second 31A."  (Not exactly those words, but paraphrasing).

We'll see what their response is.

On that note, anyone know what the order deadline for the missiles is?  If I don't hear any kind of response by tomorrow, I'm just ordering three sets, and leaving that credit sit until the 31 armor packs come out.

Sorry to hear about this. Did they mention that you can’t use the credit specifically on TWE items that needs to pay upfront or any items for preorder? Or the store credit is only applicable for items that are physically available at the time of the purchase? If so, I really have to agree their policy is so messed up and unfriendly. :( 

I'm not sure how you guys can tolerate anime in general if Nishida's mannerisms bother you guys so much. You guys must prefer the more uptight ladies, like a certain Japanese lady friend of mine who's so damn uptight I'm certain a singularity would form if she was clenched any harder. :p

I bought 3 sets of missiles just in case. Yes I think the whole thing is stupid and I'm going to sell of the extras if I end up not needing them. At the least the missiles should have just been included in a super parts set. 

I think Bandai's endgame is to become the EA of toys. Everyone loves EA, right? :rolleyes:

Ok, but it probably won’t have any missiles, seeing as the reaction missiles are included in this box, and I believe you only see them used in conjunction with the Super Parts. 

Edited by Sildani