Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Agree and I think the intention was to show an amateur handling a DX Valkyrie's transformation for the first time.  Personally I'm not too mesmerized by her looks though. :)

Agreed, sir.  And frankly, the fact that the fins or wing flaps didn't pop off gives me hope that this will be better than the YF-19. 

43 minutes ago, Graham said:

Am I the only one that is bugged by how out of scale and tiny the pilot looks?

I didn't until now. You got me looking at the cockpit and i thk bandai may have put too much in there...:lol:

28 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

TWE - never ordered TWE items for Macross - so the missile set shoud be a breeze to order?

Also do TWE macross items show up on Amazon JP?

TIA

Amazon doesn't carry TWE. Use Nippon-Yasan or Anime export.

You can try 3rd party buyers in JP but i haven't used them for p-bandai. 

I have used 3rd party buyers like buyee for yahoo JP auctions but when it comes to p-bandai, buyee doesn't seem to be able to add to cart for p-bandai, unless am doing something wrong...

4 hours ago, tjdetweiler said:

TWE - never ordered TWE items for Macross - so the missile set shoud be a breeze to order?

Also do TWE macross items show up on Amazon JP?

TIA

Unless the NY fiasco repeats itself, which is you ordered a twe item(vf-31a) from them on the 2nd day of orders being open and you recieved it 3-4 months later than those that ordered it on day 1. Well some people, still havent got their orders till now.

I most likely will use CDjapan, despite the slightly higher price

5 hours ago, Graham said:

No, several of us commented on that when initial promotional pics were posted...

It's still looks like a 1:60 pilot figure in a 1:48 cockpit to me.  <_<

45 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Unless the NY fiasco repeats itself, which is you ordered a twe item(vf-31a) from them on the 2nd day of orders being open and you recieved it 3-4 months later than those that ordered it on day 1. Well some people, still havent got their orders till now.

I most likely will use CDjapan, despite the slightly higher price

The 31A fiasco looks to be the exception rather than the norm. But that being said, the negative perception still remains.

I wouldn't rely on CDJ selling TWE items, unless perhaps after the TWE PO's periods are done (which means mark-up).
I dont recall associating CDJ with TWE items.

Been trying to find the chobham NT-1 TWE release last friday, and CDJ doesnt sell it (or perhaps i cant find it, but pretty sure its not listed in CDJ)..

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, tekering said:

No, several of us commented on that when initial promotional pics were posted...

Maybe they just enlarged the Hi-Metal R proportion which is 1/144 pilot in a 1/100 cockpit. ^_^

2 hours ago, tekering said:

It really bugs me a LOT, I already have prepared a pilot replacement for that! But considering Hikaru is like 1m60 in the serie, it makes sense in a way. I just hope that if Bandai release Roy's VF-1S that he will be in the correct size "Hikaru-overhead"

10 hours ago, Graham said:

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

It really bugs me a LOT, I already have prepared a pilot replacement for that! But considering Hikaru is like 1m60 in the serie, it makes sense in a way. I just hope that if Bandai release Roy's VF-1S that he will be in the correct size "Hikaru-overhead"

I was also thinking that maybe they were accounting for Hikaru not being the biggest pilot on the SDF-1, and that a future Roy or Kakizaki might fill out the cockpit more. 

Probably wishful thinking, though.

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

Yeah? Where? Are you intending to use your VF-9 pilot?

13 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

If that's Bandai's game, then I demand a tubby Kakizaki pilot figure for his VF-1!

15 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

Would the YF-19 armaments be compatible with this?

I don't believe so.  Bandai seems to have gone with a Arcadia style hard point for the 1/48.  I'm not too sure if it would look right even if someone came up with a low-profile adapter.

6 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

never done a twe order before.  does anyone happen to know if amiami can take care of the twe missiles ordering?

They wouldn't. Nippon-Yassan, MyKombini or Anime Export do proxy ordering for Bandai exclusives.

On 12/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, seti88 said:

The 31A fiasco looks to be the exception rather than the norm. But that being said, the negative perception still remains.

I wouldn't rely on CDJ selling TWE items, unless perhaps after the TWE PO's periods are done (which means mark-up).
I dont recall associating CDJ with TWE items.

Been trying to find the chobham NT-1 TWE release last friday, and CDJ doesnt sell it (or perhaps i cant find it, but pretty sure its not listed in CDJ)..

I think I have the movie lil drakens for the VF-31F on pre order from CD japan, are those TWE? If so I think they do carry TWEs just that its a very limited number I think

2 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Is this going to be another pre-order madness situation?

Thanks,

I don’t believe so. TWE are made to order so everyone should be able to get an order in at the usually suspects and/or proxy services. 

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I don’t believe so. TWE are made to order so everyone should be able to get an order in at the usually suspects and/or proxy services. 

I guess i was under the impression that NY would be carrying the set.

3 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

i know we said they'd show up 4pm japan time, but any one happen to see any rogue pre-listings?  too eager for my own good....

You will see posting here with links if stores start their preorders earlier .