Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I loved all the fiddley gimmicks! They work well for me because I typically toss my valks in a case and admire them from afar haha

The tampo is also a step in the right direction. I rarely take the time to apply stickers. 

30 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

Omitting both of those are steps forward in my opinion. I could also live without the moving flaps. I found all of those gimmicks to be more of a nuisance than anything. 

So if the gimmicks were now executed flawlessly due to manufacturing improvements since 2002....you still wouldn't want them?  ;)

10 hours ago, treatment said:

-- integrated side covers.

That's all I really need, honestly.  Just done well/lineart-accurate, and not like the Yamato 1/48. 

Moving flaps are a negative, because they're totally inaccurate.  A VF-1 has double-slotted Fowler flaps--they don't pivot up/down, they move BACK.  Ever watched an airliner's flaps slide backwards and split apart?  That's exactly how the VF-1's work.  Not many fighter jets have flaps like that, but the VF-1 does. 

10 hours ago, treatment said:

hmm.

how about the features/stuff that we all saw with the VF-1D/VF-1J/VF-1S in the old TV anime...

-- integrated rotating and elevating pilot-seat that can pop out the back of the head when in battroid instead of an add-on like in the 1/60v2. The 1/60 Zero, VF-19 and VF-22 valks have some limited rotating seats done already, tho not elevating.

-- actual swiveling/turning front landing gear.

-- spring-loaded firing missiles.

-- integrated side covers.

-- integrated collapsible fixing toolkit on the arm.

-- better looking detailed and well-proportioned pilot figure. both with and without helmet.

Yes, to all apart from spring-loaded firing missiles .  Just no thanks, mainly because there would likely be at least an ugly semi-exposed firing buttons/mechanisms.

My holy grail would be your first point, a rotating seat pilot that can raise up out of the top of the chest when in Battroid mode.

43 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

That's all I really need, honestly.  Just done well/lineart-accurate, and not like the Yamato 1/48. 

Moving flaps are a negative, because they're totally inaccurate.  A VF-1 has double-slotted Fowler flaps--they don't pivot up/down, they move BACK.  Ever watched an airliner's flaps slide backwards and split apart?  That's exactly how the VF-1's work.  Not many fighter jets have flaps like that, but the VF-1 does. 

As they tilt up and down, those should be the ailerons, but they're too far in-board.

OT would provide the strength needed to prevent the fin simply blowing away, and perhaps it needs the control authority. 

Or, you know, the animators screwed up. 

13 minutes ago, alogo1981 said:

I know this is a long (like really long) shot, but, is there any reputable store that still has it?

The reputable stores will have this item on official release-day.

Even if you do find a shop that still offers this item far from official release-date, the chances are pretty high that they won't be offering the pre-order discounted pricing with it.

You might as well wait for the upcoming preorder for the one that does not include the "special display-stand" if you want the preorder-discount pricing. The PO for that item has not been announced as of yet.

28 minutes ago, treatment said:

*snip*

You might as well wait for the upcoming preorder for the one that does not include the "special display-stand" if you want the preorder-discount pricing. The PO for that item has not been announced as of yet.

If so, would I preorder another one again without the 'special display stand' knowing that this one is cheaper than their standard DX Valks? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

What's the poll on other members about that? Are you guys going to PO again? ^_^

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

If so, would I preorder another one again without the 'special display stand' knowing that this one is cheaper than their standard DX Valks? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

What's the poll on other members about that? Are you guys going to PO again? ^_^

I'm going to preorder another one if bandai offers another round ;)

I have only on on preorder with AmiAmi.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Maybe Bandai just wanted to make sure everyone ordered multiples by claiming this release would be unique with the included stand.....has Bandai ever released a DX VF that did not come with a stand? :unknw:

Beginning to think that was it for the VF-1J.  Based on recent releases I think chances are pretty good at finding one as the release day approaches and on release day.

Hope we see the TV VF-1S and TV fast packs at the Tamashii event later this month!

25 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

92427799-BE73-4133-A16A-556D9495AF7A.jpeg.d8fcdbf64ff80410c4fcf1b6cb346a9b.jpeg

If somebody got this many it would be cool to see recreated in 1/48 scale.

I do. I think I will display a set of 1/48s like this at next year’s SDCon.  Just have to figure out which one I want to use. With packs or without.

Hmm.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That would be fantastic! Having skipped the 1J, I'd definitely PO a 1S. I just hope they'd include both a Roy and Hikaru pilot for a TV version.

They'd also have to include 2 canopies. 1 with Fokker's name and 1 with Hikaru's. 

19 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I don’t think I would PO a non-stand version unless it came with something else. Super/Strike parts maybe?

I'm sure it won't come out with Super nor Strike parts. However, they will surely fix any problems this release will have. :rofl:

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Hope we see the TV VF-1S and TV fast packs at the Tamashii event later this month!

Even it's not canon, I really like TV Supers on the VF-1J. :wub: 

14 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That would be fantastic! Having skipped the 1J, I'd definitely PO a 1S. I just hope they'd include both a Roy and Hikaru pilot for a TV version.

13 hours ago, eggy99 said:

They'd also have to include 2 canopies. 1 with Fokker's name and 1 with Hikaru's. 

Or they could just include a tampo-free canopy and we get to decide which one to put. That way, it's going to be an instant hit for them especially for people who's going to buy multiples of it. Multiples for Hikaru, multiples for Roy.

Well now, if you think about it. It wouldn't matter if it comes with tampo-free or 2 canopies with printed names. Because people will still buy multiples of it, right? ^_^

But for me, I'll pass on Roy's for this scale. I'll just keep my newly 1/48's for Hikaru's Valk. Don't want to start another scale of multiples. hehehe. :lol: 

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Maybe Bandai just wanted to make sure everyone ordered multiples by claiming this release would be unique with the included stand.....has Bandai ever released a DX VF that did not come with a stand? :unknw:

Beginning to think that was it for the VF-1J.  Based on recent releases I think chances are pretty good at finding one as the release day approaches and on release day.

The first release of the VF-1J comes with 2 stands.  It has the stand that is included with the other Bandai DX release as well as a second, banking stand for fighter mode:

image.png.6cd6e4ebafd2a218eb220fdf11491a79.png

5 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

The first release of the VF-1J comes with 2 stands.  It has the stand that is included with the other Bandai DX release as well as a second, banking stand for fighter mode:

I'm pretty sure JVMacross already know that. He's just saying that everyone probably ordered multiples since it comes with a unique stand. ;)