Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, Tallman said:

Me too. I have a feeling there are some bugs after they upgraded their site couple days ago. I clicked on preorder button and wait for 20 seconds with no respond. Then keep pressing the preorder button until the page redirect me to confirm page, but I already had 2 in cart. So buy them anyway...hope next time don't give me 10 preorders in cart or I will heart attack :p

That’s exactly what I did lol. I was mashing my mouse like *please jeebus just go through, wait what 2? Uhhh fine just GOOOOOO!!!*

1 minute ago, davidwhangchoi said:

drool, Seti, how many did you get last night?

drool more...

this is the 1st time ever amazon is allowing shipping of Bandai Chogokin Macross valks, so it's exciting and perhaps future pre-orders are going to be easy until scalpers catch on.

Amazon jyp so far has been very reliable in terms oshipping out my other items.   

need to look for a macross themed hanky?...:D

...i got 2 in at ami prices sorta took advantage of their limit 2 per household limit, tho it was also due to clicking to see if the website was working.

*note to self* dont overclick @ amiami!!

as thinking of a third but my 3 19's pose a weight to lift my fingers further :vava: 

How many did you get?

5 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s exactly what I did lol. I was mashing my mouse like *please jeebus just go through, wait what 2? Uhhh fine just GOOOOOO!!!*

exactly what happened to me! Did AMI install a double click app extension? :D

must remember to be careful at ami from now on!

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

need to look for a macross themed hanky?...:D

...i got 2 in at ami prices sorta took advantage of their limit 2 per household limit, tho it was also due to clicking to see if the website was working.

*note to self* dont overclick @ amiami!!

as thinking of a third but my 3 19's pose a weight to lift my fingers further :vava: 

How many did you get?

exactly what happened to me! Did AMI install a double click app extension? :D

must remember to be careful at ami from now on!

Seti, i ended getting 2 from amiami like everyone else double clicking and afraid to re adjust, and then my friends that i've been convincing to get into Macross ordered from amazon jyp and shared with me the link.  so i got one from there. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's funny that some of you ended up with 2 in cart. I wanted 2 in cart and had to change the qty to 2. :p

I'm surprised I was able to preorder pretty easily from Amiami and they didn't sell out in 2 secs which seems to be norm from my observations of previous Amiami PO madness. 

There were some moments of slow server responses during the checkout process, which made me nervous.

I was also nervous my friend wasn't going to secure his Amiami PO too, but luckily it went through without error or cart jacking.

38 minutes ago, seti88 said:

http://www.decultureshock.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1j/ #akihabara

underbelly shot with head quite nicely tucked in....

BCVF1J48_04.jpg.4a2fe764e84df58663e02ef4d89e1ec7.jpg

always tot the head lasers were more straight against and running under the fuselage.... not spread away...maybe a display fault?

The double hinged nose cone probably can fold to the back for GBP armor, instead of needing removal like the Hi-Metal R.

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Seti, i ended getting 2 from amiami like everyone else double clicking and afraid to re adjust, and then my friends that i've been convincing to get into Macross ordered from amazon jyp and shared with me the link.  so i got one from there. 

Its good to have alternative's to source from. My macross fix is only in this forum with everyone here :D...

It took over 5 minutes just to get to the first checkout step at amiami , it even stop at the last step .  Had to hit the back button to reload. I just let it load while checking out at other sites , and then continue back and go to the next step . It was slow but no cart jacking .  Maybe its the new site. 

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

It took over 5 minutes just to get to the first checkout step at amiami , it even stop at the last step .  Had to hit the back button to reload. I just let it load while checking out at other sites , and then continue back and go to the next step . It was slow but no cart jacking .  Maybe its the new site. 

How many did you end up getting last night?

you getting another MB Strike?  

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Wow, that makes NY’s price hike look downright reasonable!

Is there an English mode for Amazon Japan? How do you get to it please?

Hi, Sildani. To change your language preference on amazon.co.jp click the world icon world_icon.png.14ca0cb32fbac1d63df8cb123574d067.png and choose English - EN.

This should make navigating the site easier. 

Clearly underestimated the pre-order funtacular madness. But hey, I'm the old guy dipping my toes back in the collecting waters and you young whippersnappers don't go to sleep at 8pm. Guess I'll just have to wait for round 2! (side question: what's the usual timetable on the second round? or is that demand dependent on the valk in question?)

Very cool to read the previous messages and see how helpful everyone was to each other. Congrats on those that got that pre-order!!! :clapping:

59 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I ended up with 2 from amiami. I wasn’t brave enough to try and fix the quantity before checking out :o

I took the risk I pressed the return button until the change quantity screen appeared it took forever getting there I was already thinking I lost this preorder(I was facepalming almost all the time), but somehow it appeared and tried to change the quantity to 1, but automatically the number change it to two, after a couple of times trying with no luck I was ok let's go with two , in a very slow pace I manage to secure the order but immediately I send them a request if they can change the order to 1 qty , today I got the cancellation of one item.

image.png.b3b9b65c0ccd8176517db9a58cc94501.png

image.png.7e1e9812496cf283ad758505d7616792.png

I really wouldn't be able to afford two ,  will have lots of other expenses by then :(

I  definitely not recommend doing this as you can see this probably will affect your record with them judging by the email,  if you have the opportunity to pay both Go for it!, most probably the price of this Valkyrie will sky rocket upon release.  

7 hours ago, Smacky said:

Maybe they're trying to screw over people now since they couldn't fleece people with the whole VF-31A debacle.  I've never seen them raise prices on a pre-order before.

During the Frontier Renewal Valkyrie releases they'd raise prices on pre-orders all the time.  The opening PO list would be their cheapest once their allocated amount was sold, they would open the PO again about 30 min later at a higher price and once that sold out, repeat.

I'm sure there will be lots available at release in December. I think the only reason to go nuts for this PO was the special first edition base.

On a different note, My 15-year old Low VIZ guys are happy to have more 1/48 buddies after a decade and a half.

I will prolly nab a few of the new pretty Bandai hands of my 1j's and see if they can be modded and painted to fit the yammy 1/48

20180727_112923_HDR.thumb.jpg.47a7025d072ad5843d77d8d1abc986fc.jpg

Edited by Duymon

20 minutes ago, MaxFan2112 said:

Clearly underestimated the pre-order funtacular madness. But hey, I'm the old guy dipping my toes back in the collecting waters and you young whippersnappers don't go to sleep at 8pm. Guess I'll just have to wait for round 2! (side question: what's the usual timetable on the second round? or is that demand dependent on the valk in question?)

Very cool to read the previous messages and see how helpful everyone was to each other. Congrats on those that got that pre-order!!! :clapping:

Most Macross DX Chogokin's have enjoyed a re-release, however, it may take some time and patience....you can probably get lucky on release day to nab one or try Mandarake soon after.

This release is different in that it sort of vaguely insinuates that this is a "special" early release due to getting a "free" stand and cardboard slipcover.  So a second round may be coming without the "freebies".  The closest comparable recent release was the HMR VF-1S Fokker....one came with a "free" stand and one did not.....however, both releases had distinct Pre-order windows and also were both only available via the special tamashii webstore.......I wouldn't worry about it...I think you will get one eventually

Edited by jvmacross

I did the "double click got 2" with Ami Ami but had no problem changing the quantity to 1 during check out. In my experience with Ami Ami at least, once something is in your cart you pretty much have it reserved.

But I still hesistated on changing it.  Of course that early in the morning I'm often just wondering why I'm still doing this to myself... So my judgement might not be the greatest.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

http://www.decultureshock.com/dx-chogokin-vf-1j/ #akihabara

underbelly shot with head quite nicely tucked in....

BCVF1J48_04.jpg.4a2fe764e84df58663e02ef4d89e1ec7.jpg

always tot the head lasers were more straight against and running under the fuselage.... not spread away...maybe a display fault?

I think it may have been mentioned before but I guess this does mean the lasers have outward articulation. 

4 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Most Macross DX Chogokin's have enjoyed a re-release, however, it may time some time and patience....you can probably get luck on release day to nab one or try Mandarake soon after.

This release is different in that it sort of vaguely insinuates that this is a "special" early release due to getting a "free" stand and cardboard slipcover.  The closest comparable recent release was the HMR VF-1S Fokker....one came with a "free" stand and one did not.....however, both releases had distinct Pre-order windows and also were both only available via the special tamashii webstore.......I wouldn't worry about it...I think you will get one eventually

Thank you for the intel, jvmacross!:good:

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:lol:

Not being "pinkish" is now considered a selling point!

Hope Arcadia isn't reading this....I may have just given them another way to raise their prices.....pinkish regular edition, non-pinkish regular edition, pinkish PF edition, non-pinkish PF edition.... :ohmy:

Edited by jvmacross

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Hope Arcadia isn't reading this....I may have just given them another way to raise their prices.....pinkish regular edition, non-pinkish regular edition, pinkish PF edition, non-pinkish PF edition.... :ohmy:

the greatest thing was when the new VF-0S was colored grey white. i immediately brought 3.

This was my first time doing one of these late night/early morning PO things. I've been out of Macross collecting for a long time. I had a decent collection of Yamato 1/48s back in the day, but ended up selling them all. I always regretted that so this new 1/48 from Bandai has me so excited. Luckily I was able to resist the urge to buy more than 1, but I'm pretty sure I will buy any 1/48 VF-1 they put out. Part of me hopes they stick to just the core valks, but then the insane part of me hopes they release everything.

1 minute ago, mister_e said:

This was my first time doing one of these late night/early morning PO things. I've been out of Macross collecting for a long time. I had a decent collection of Yamato 1/48s back in the day, but ended up selling them all. I always regretted that so this new 1/48 from Bandai has me so excited. Luckily I was able to resist the urge to buy more than 1, but I'm pretty sure I will buy any 1/48 VF-1 they put out. Part of me hopes they stick to just the core valks, but then the insane part of me hopes they release everything.

yeah, this line has got me excited again!

I just hope any future releases aren't this tough to PO. I don't remember having to stay up at 2AM hitting F5 to order any of the Yamato 1/48s. Of course, that was a long time ago. I would have things would be easier to order now days rather than the opposite. Is that just how things are these days?

53 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Chestplate is yellowing already,

lol someone left it out to dry in the sun before display?

I think it might be the glass display reflection in front of the camera tho...

28 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Did someone say Macross Hanky? ^_^

WOW what dont you have?!:o thanks for sharing the hankies, they look so nostalgic and in such good condition! kudos! 

13 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

arcadia should produce the pink vf-11 next!

21 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yes but actually I think I’m ok with that. I’m looking at my pink Arcadia VF-1J right now and wish I could make it a little yellow...

:D JOKE OF THE DAY! :good:

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think it may have been mentioned before but I guess this does mean the lasers have outward articulation. 

Now you mention it, they do stick out at angles in battroid....i just hope when tucked in fighter mode they can point straight :blink:

Edited by seti88

5 minutes ago, mister_e said:

Welcome back to valk collecting :D

I stopped myself from buying more than one as well, as I’m sure I’ll get the -1J GBP set when it comes out. A TV -1S (Roy) and a TV-1S super parts set (Hikaru) are must buys for me as well, and I am hoping these will get announced late this year or early 2019.