Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

59 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Wonder what Arcadia is thinking right now, we're getting a 1/48 VF tampo' d to death VF-1J for less cash than their premium 1/60 .RIP?

Probably about the same price when you add in super parts. Still RIP though :ohmy:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Surprisingly affordable. Honestly I don't even care if I even have to pay all up front for this sucker to secure a preorder or two...... or three.....

MY 1/48 collection is limited to just 2x Low Viz 1's and an Armored Low Viz 2 and I already sold off my entire 1/60 V2 collection so the funds are ready :D

Edited by Duymon

3 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Ohhhh.....comes with a *gulp* Toynami 1/100 style stand :rofl:.

I like the box though and the price is right, had it been around ¥27K I think I would've skipped. ¥20k is good. But till looks like a DX HMR with the old 1/48 gimmicks smacked on....Amd definitely not replacing all my all 1/48 Yammies though, too much hassle. Plus they're already not worth much, and I bet the price will plummet even more if Bandai announce an entire 1/48 line. Will most likely end up keeping everything as usual.....One thing though...It's a fact that Japanese collectors have a soft spot for smaller scales in general. Not to mention most people have settled for 1/60. Will it have enough appeal? 

Wonder what Arcadia is thinking right now, we're getting a 1/48 VF tampo' d to death VF-1J for less cash than their premium 1/60 .RIP?

Arcadia is already a history long time ago. They price themselves to oblivion. This one is really a must have,

Hopefully Bandai has a better solution to keeping the flaps in place on the wings than Yamato did on their 1:48, I think we can all agree, that was one feature we didn't need and it's why the 1:60 Ver2 was liked more.  I can't help but feel Bandai sort of hasn't learned from Yamato's mistakes on this one a little bit.  That being said, it does look great, and I'll try to get one, the articulation and abundant tampo look great.

P.S. --  The stand is huge and fugly IMHO, I'm gonna have to put this on a Yetistand for it to really shine!

Edited by derex3592

If this were a 1/60 or 1/55 scale release, I would absolutely go and pre-order this.

At 1/48 scale though....  I just don't think I am ready to dive into yet another form factor.

The DX Chogokin VF-1 does look nice though. To me, it looks a lot like an HMR with integrated landing gear, Yamato-style hard points on the wings, and Toynami-style display stand. Generally, not bad things... .well, except for the Toynami display stand. Those are the absolute worst.

18 minutes ago, Darotower said:

More details!

37726669_10216703776777393_6013667900525641728_n.jpg.19a0a384afeaf36f14d67a9f993ee4bb.jpg

Okay, so it looks like they are using the same landing gear methodology as the Yamato VF-19 toys, where you pull the landing gear down and then to the side.

image.png.b6bc9fa714e45d65273d79cb4b2f392f.png

Also, the way the legs connect to the torso in battroid mode is very reminiscent of the Yamato 1/60 v2 method.

image.png.38cd1eea848cb9b718aa016278a5343d.png

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

15 minutes ago, Darotower said:

More details!

Thanks for the additional details. Looks like they are taking stuff from the Yamato 1/48, mixed with some V2s and a bit of HMR for good measure.

Assuming it sells relatively well, (and doesn't handle like a nightmarish mess) , Bandai is bound to release the rest of the squadron in 1/48.

Any Yamato 1/48 owner's opinions?.....Would you ditch your entire 1/48 collection now? Wondering what to do and if it'll be worth having 2 sets of 1/48s squadrons in my collection. The practical thing would be to sell off the Yammies one by one as Bandai release theirs. But not sure if it'll be worth the hassle of selling off 1/48s Yammies for peanuts. ( I'll be keeping the 1/48 Yamato exclusives ,GBPs and customs anyway ) But the rest? Sell? Keep? Storage? Give away to charity? :unknw:

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

If this were a 1/60 or 1/55 scale release, I would absolutely go and pre-order this.

At 1/48 scale though....  I just don't think I am ready to dive into yet another form factor.

The DX Chogokin VF-1 does look nice though. To me, it looks a lot like an HMR with integrated landing gear, Yamato-style hard points on the wings, and Toynami-style display stand. Generally, not bad things... .well, except for the Toynami display stand. Those are the absolute worst.

Psyching myself with the same reasons. Thou shall not be tempted to get this...wait my hands and wallet have a mind on its own....down boys down boys