Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

That is the old Takatoku / Bandai "chunky monkey" 1/55 scale line of VF-1 toys, originally circa 1984 or 1985 or so, though re-released a few times since then by Bandai.

icic thanks man. but is the bandai re released quality as gd as the old Takatoku?

11 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

dun mind me asking but the one on the bottom ls from which line? 

its from the 80s right? i had one but arms r gone so is the chest plate...but man..it is a very quality piece of fig 

Yes, the 80's The Takatoku/Bandai 1/55, affectionately known as the "Chunky Monkey". The Super VF-1S was co-opted by Hasbro to become "Jetfire" in the TF line of toys

13 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

icic thanks man. but is the bandai re released quality as gd as the old Takatoku?

Like Shizuka said, you can head to Jenius site since he reviewed both line and posted differences from one another. In the Charm & Collectability section, he rated 4/5 to Takatoku while 3/5 to Bandai reissues.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=6244

44 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Bandai is a much larger company than Arcadia and in my opinion they have the ability to produce in  a much larger scale at a lower cost, so I don't think 1/48 means a higher cost or similar cost to Arcadia valks, also 1/60 scale VF 1Js are smaller to lets say VF 31s, so knowing this a VF 1J 1/48 scale is somewhat in similar proportions to a VF 31's I think or a bit chunkier.  

Saying that Bandai is bigger than Arcadia is an understatement. Yes they can produce more toys at lower cost, and as such can offer lower prices overall. I expect the 1/48 VF-1 to be around the DX 31 to YF-19 price range.

Though I wonder why some people are eager to see Bandai "hammer the nail in the coffin" of Arcadia. As I stated once before: what kind of fool wants less competition and choice in the marketplace? Did we suddenly become pro-multinational behemoths that grind any competition under their heels? :lol:

Yeah Arcadia prices are high and I can understand if that's too much for some people. And you can show your disapproval by not buying their products. But wanting them gone so that Bandai is the sole provider of Macross toys? We had that for long time and we got nothing but garbage from Bandai.

Also, I doubt Bandai would ever waste their time making a 1/60 VF-0 or Sv-51. They might, but they have so many other things they can produce that make more money, so why would they bother? Even Bandai only has so much factory capacity.

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Though I wonder why some people are eager to see Bandai "hammer the nail in the coffin" of Arcadia. As I stated once before: what kind of fool wants less competition and choice in the marketplace? Did we suddenly become pro-multinational behemoths that grind any competition under their heels? :lol:

Yeah Arcadia prices are high and I can understand if that's too much for some people. And you can show your disapproval by not buying their products. But wanting them gone so that Bandai is the sole provider of Macross toys? We had that for long time and we got nothing but garbage from Bandai.

I absolutely concur. Competition is generally a good thing. Bandai would never have stepped up its game if not for Yamato. Also, with Bandai bring its A game, Arcadia would do well to toe a fine line between profits and sustainability.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Only an imbecile wouldn't understand why a business would not want to "bury" their only competition.  No consumer would want that.  I sure wouldn't. :lol:

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Saying that Bandai is bigger than Arcadia is an understatement. Yes they can produce more toys at lower cost, and as such can offer lower prices overall. I expect the 1/48 VF-1 to be around the DX 31 to YF-19 price range.

Also, I doubt Bandai would ever waste their time making a 1/60 VF-0 or Sv-51. They might, but they have so many other things they can produce that make more money, so why would they bother? Even Bandai only has so much factory capacity.

No. There is another.  Evolution Toy.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

We know that it's 1/48. And that's not stopping us for wishing how the price should be. For now, let's not think about PO discounts. Arcadia's VF-1's Premium Finish releases are priced at Y27864 MSRP on Arcadia's site. While their regular VF-0 priced at Y37584. Which I think it might ended up something like that. However, regular DX releases such as the VF-31's cost around Y22680/Y23760. Y27000 for the upcoming YF-19. Knowing that Bandai is more mass produced and more commercialized than Arcadia, everyone is just hoping it's below Y30000.

I probably missed it, but when did we know that is is 1/48 scale?  I didn't see it on any of the magazine pages posted.  Honestly, I think 1/60 would make more sense as it would scale in batter with the existing DX Chogokin line.  Because I too believe that more than a handful is too much.  :D

I notice when people complain about Arcadia pricing here they gloss over the fact that a lot of Arcadia's Macross products are not just "naked" Valkyries.  Most of Bandai's DX Chogokin Valkyries are "naked."  If you add the price of the super/armor parts to the price of the Valkyrie, the cost is comparable.

If it is 1/60, I may bite, I'll probably pass if it is indeed 1/48.

2 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

sure thanks !

I guess the old ones r still better from the ratings

The take on that is really just that the older ones came in nicer boxes and are hotter collectibles, the reissues had more painted on detail rather than hastily applied stickers. If you're shopping for a 1/55 and you don't care about it being exactly the toy you had as a kid, it's much smarter to go with a reissue. It will cost you less and it will most likely be in much better condition.

5 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I probably missed it, but when did we know that is is 1/48 scale? 

I believe someone said that "1/48 scale" is said during the commercial.

Edited by jenius

24 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I probably missed it, but when did we know that is is 1/48 scale?  I didn't see it on any of the magazine pages posted.  Honestly, I think 1/60 would make more sense as it would scale in batter with the existing DX Chogokin line.  Because I too believe that more than a handful is too much.  :D

I notice when people complain about Arcadia pricing here they gloss over the fact that a lot of Arcadia's Macross products are not just "naked" Valkyries.  Most of Bandai's DX Chogokin Valkyries are "naked."  If you add the price of the super/armor parts to the price of the Valkyrie, the cost is comparable.

If it is 1/60, I may bite, I'll probably pass if it is indeed 1/48.

It was mentioned in the teaser commerical they put in the Tamashii website via YouTube video. It's 1/48 scale. Announcer said Yong-Ju-Hachi Sukeru (1/48 scale). She also mentioned 'big size'. 

And if this is how big it's going to be besides YamArcadia's 1/60 scale, I'm in and the rest of Hikaru's ride -- Super VF-1A and  Strike VF-1S.

photo27.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It was mentioned in the teaser commerical they put in the Tamashii website via YouTube video. It's 1/48 scale. Announcer said Yong-Ju-Hachi Sukeru (1/48 scale). She also mentioned 'big size'. 

And if this is how big it's going to be besides YamArcadia's 1/60 scale, I'm in and the rest of Hikaru's ride -- Super VF-1A and  Strike VF-1S.

photo27.jpg

Thank you sir! She did indeed say that.  I guess I'm going sit back and watch the pre-order madness and see how fast this thing will sell out.  That is unless it retails for some ridiculously low price.  Then I may reconsider.  :p

Question on the DX VF-1J. Why it has TV pilot when it has dyrl hands?

Damn tempted to get this and i want the centre stand. Then again am afraid bandai may pull a stunt and release another variant in 1/60 or 1/55 scale

Edited by recon

Until now, I wouldn't be interested, mainly because of the hips system that looks too much like their 1/72 kit. I was considering to buy it later after a review BUT considering the price and this video, I may be convinced to buy it now, and sell later if the hips bug me too much.

bandaiVF1_reargears.png