Cowboy Bebop... the game??

Interesting... I quote EGM #171 October (even though its not even September) 2003:

Bebop Crew ready for action

Spike Speigel and the crew of bounty hungers from the animated TV show (and recent movie) Cowboy Bebop have long since retired in Japan, but their anime exploits have just recently caught fire Stateside.  So with such a hit on their hands, what's bandait to do?  Start developing a Beboooop PS2 title so U.S. boosters can live our their wildest of fanboy dreams.  No word yet on what type of game Bebop will be, but The Q suggests a picture-taking challenge with buxom huntress Faye Valentine.  You listening developers?  Yowzers...

So.... do y'all think this is just EGM's prediction or does anyone actually know anything on this? I really don't know if I'm for or against it...

Since it's from the Quartermann's section I'm not putting too much faith in his ramblings. Can you get any scans of the new Robotech game they're planning? Someone mentioned in another thread that there's supposed to be pictures in the latest EGM. :ph34r:

Does it mention which company would produce the Cowboy Bebop game? :ph34r: It's funny how the article says "their anime exploits have just recently caught fire Statside". Uh....this is 2003.....not 1999. :o

Cowboy Bebop the game? Yep... there is one. Its called Sunrise Super Heroes and the most recent Sunrise World War.

The Cowboy Bebop crew is in both of those games.... except they share the stage with Dunbine, Gundam and all other Sunrise heroes.... including non giant mech animes like Yoraiden Samurai Troopers (aka Ronin Warriors)