Jasonc

YF-25 Prophecy Paladin project

So, just a quick update. I have to order more rubber for the molds, and everything is taking slightly longer to set, now that it's been colder. I have placed the order for the extra rubber, and it will come in beginning of next week, which is perfect since I'll be in Japan. I have 5 sets done, and just need to recast the lance attachment pieces. I should have these out soon. I have 2 or 3 paid orders already, and as I said, I may only be making 5 of these. If you want one, but haven't inquired or paid, shoot me a pm.

Last batch of rubber for the molds has arrived today, and that means that the last couple parts to recast can begin this weekend, as long as the molds are up to par. The kits sold should be going out next week, and I hope to have a diagram or copy of instructions to put up soon after.

On 26/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Jasonc said:

I will. I'll try to do it during the week.

I've spent the better part of 4 months tweaking the angles and measurements of the front head glass just to get it where it is now. I'm quite happy to say that it now fits and works as it should. Dome may ask why I'm recasting it, instead of just putting it up on Shapeways.  Well for one, you can never get this clarity in any shapeways print work. This allows me to continually recast them and not have to spend a fortune getting any sort of frosted xtreme detail parts made. Plus, FXD is extremely brittle. The idea is to have you guys not have to buy anything from shapeways, with the exception of 1 part that I simply cannot recast due to the complex design. In any case, this is an actual recast part, and you can see how clear it is. I'm very happy with this.

20171226_165211.thumb.jpg.e97f84b02c272bf90c771401a0825394.jpg

Wow, what kind of resin are you using?

1 hour ago, william02 said:

Wow, what kind of resin are you using?

It's is Alumilite clear resin. It's a little difficult to get it super clear. The process starts by "baking" the mold in about 200 degree oven temp for an hour to heat the rubber so that the clear resin can run through the mold easy and get rid of bubbles. Then once the resin is mixed, it's slowly poured in the hot hold and then put in a pressure tank and cures for 2 eays.

Alright guys, a couple sets are done, and I'm testing some of the connectors to them, to make sure they work as I intended. I'll be sending out a few orders this week, as they are now ready to go. I will be attaching a copy of the Frameout directions, as they are exactly the same for putting it together, just with my designed version. I will have a short instruction here soon with the extra parts to put together, and will get a list of the armor and fast pack parts you'll need to make the kit complete.

Boxes should be in this week to send them out. Hoping tomorrow. Got all your addresses. I was able to make more kits with some remaining trial size Task 2 resin I had, and was able to make about 10 kits total. It's more than I expected, but there are more available.

That’s a great kit for all any YF-25 that have been naked for too long. I think my package shall arrive soon, I will post pictures 

OK, I will be putting these up for sale in another thread, but for those of you who have already purchased them, here are the origin instructions. The kit is put together the same way basically. Aside from slight aesthetic designs being redone, I did change the backpack hinge and there are steel metal pins that fit and need to be cut on the part of the lance that connects to the backpack. I have also added two 2mm magnets that can be added to the backpack connector. They are optional to help secure the lance in fighter a little better, but aren't necessary. The sect should stay secure quite well without it. As I've mentioned earlier, there is also an optional knee connector I created that IMO, works better than the one that was designed originally. The link is in one of my previous comments here, but I have also sent a version just like the original if you want to keep that original. In any case, here's the original instructions.

5af4f49c6c7c1_Paladininstructions.thumb.jpg.7e928a078ed96d78877ef8f101c6672f.jpg

Much, much better. I'm going to try to see if I can make some directions with the new parts, but it's fairly easy to do them. I started work on this today, as I caught a bit of a nasty cold this week, and had to call in the last two days. I'm hoping to have this part done over the weekend, but I seriously doubt I'll get it done. Too many things to do, but here's the first stages with the newer designed parts...

20180511_193100.thumb.jpg.935b554d441c45e7e3ea9e088cac29db.jpg

Thank you both for the instructions, I will try to get some time to assemble and paint it but I have been very busy lately with 3D modeling.