FigInStock To Be Shutdown

spacemanoeuvres

http://www.figinstock.com/figinstock-be-shutdown.html

FigInStock To Be Shutdown

After 7 years of operation, FigInStock will close its doors this year.

As we try to figure how FigInStock can evolve, it became clear that the time we can allow to side projects like FigInstock is thin and do not allow us to make what FigInStock should be.

FigInStock is now a little out of date (technically speaking), works on aging serveurs, needs a lot of love we can not give now, and sometimes requires a lot of money. Evolutions we had planned were pushed back from month to month, to become years.

But, rather than talking about what it will become, let's talt about what FigInStock is (and soon was) :

The project was created in July 2010, because my wife told me she was in pain on Mandarake products checking

It was rebuild from scratch on may 2012 and attracted a lot of people

More than 12.200 users are registered on FigInStock, thank you for using it, it loves you too :)

31.022 Mandarake alerts

26.676 Amiami pre-owned alerts

43.316 products for restocks alerts

10.940 products for price alerts

922.350.658 requests (we were closed to 1 billion !)

More than 20 milion e-mails sent (!!!)

1 big server, at least 4 crawlers, working 24/7 for you

As said, FigInStock will shut down at the end of the year. All data will be erased, data will not be given to any third party.

We apologize for the sudden news and hope FigInStock helped you as hard as it can in its best years.

Thank you for using FigInStock !

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Nuts, I only learned about the service earlier this year (thanks to you lovely people) and it's really helped me pick things up I would otherwise have missed. A great shame, but as someone who has run a hobby site for 22 years I can totally understand how draining it can be.

For all the people they've helped, I'm sure they'll be leaving with a ton of goodwill and gratitude.

This flat out sucks, even for non-users of the site. Honestly I'm not sure why there weren't more people that used FIS, it was free, wasn't invitation-only or anything like that and was very easy to use. Hopefully someone else puts up a similar service.

MW members should also realize that a lot of the 'heads-up' posts for hard to find items were put up by other members that got notifications from Fig-In-Stock.

Oh well. Back to guessing when an item is available, wonky browser plug-ins and F5'ing the night and day away.

-b.

I only heard about that site recently and never used it. I know there are Twitter things like that too where you can get updates for in stock items. I guess I'm old school though and just check the store sites myself. All this bots checking sites would end if companies decided to make enough for demand. So would the recent thing of running to Twitter and other so called social media sites to post how fast items sold out. I hate that.

• 1 month later...
Just now, General Rasp said:

Such a shame Figinstock had to shut down. 

Any recommendations for a substitute?

https://distill.io/

I have the plugin running on a computer I leave on, and set email alerts for anything I'm trying to catch (like Chogokin and Metal Composite figures).

• 1 year later...

sorry for necrothreading....I have a quick a=question about using distill.io with hlj. even if I am logged on (account preference set to JPY), the website would keep switching the currency to Mexican, Candadian, resulting in a alert change when it's not. Any help?

Thanks!