Arcadia 1/60 "stand"

Arkham

Greetings chaps,

I currently own a VF-1S 1/60 from Arcadia, and already thinking on expanding my "collection". I've seen several... SEVERAL of those display stands, some transparents, other looking like a Macross crane.... I would like to ask to the more experienced users, what is compatible with what, and how does it work?

I've seen some very nice looking ones but they are on a 1/48 scale :( too big, or 1/72 too small

There are other on a 1/60 scale but made from a different company than Arcadia

Any particular recomendation based on stability, "gripping" (Honestly, no idea how does it hold it), I would really appreciate

Thanks!

TL;DR: What display stand would work for this https://hlj.com/product/ACA82128

I own the Yamato launch arm, what you're calling the "crane." It is compatible with the Arcadia valk you linked (I have that and used it with the launch arm). The vf-4 also works with it. 

I don't know if I would recommend it, as I got mine as part of a larger purchase. It is also optimized for vf-1 fighter mode in order to recreate the visuals from DYRL (but it actually fits on the wrong way for practical purposes).  But it does work with all modes (it just receives the display stand adapter that comes with the figure).  Arcadia also made a stand, and there are several 3rd party options.

There are several options out there though the availability and price of each varies.

1. Flightpose stands-  Clear tripod stands of various lengths. You can mix and match stem lengths to get different poses. Adapters not needed though tips on the ends might affect paint. It's at HLJ but I always see it as backordered. 

2. Yamato launch arm stands- Adapters included were made for this stand. Hard to find and pricey. I don't have this stand so I can't tell you how sturdy/grip it is.

3. Arcadia display stand- Works with the adapter with storage compartment base. It was affordable though dunno about it's availability.  The 1st release VF-1S from Arcadia (without Strike/Super parts) had this included.

4. Yetistand- Most versatile in terms of display options. You can put more than 1 valk on a stand depending on how you configured it. Costs more than Flightpose/Bandai action bases but more stable. Also sells adapters for certain valks that are better than the ones included with the valks.

5. Bandai action bases with separate adapter- Cheap. Display poses limited. Stability depends on which type used. 3rd party adapters need to be purchased separately.

Yetistand would be the best in terms of display options/availability but pricing might be a factor. 

Thank you Mr. Slave!

Does look very nice indeed. Do you mind if I ask you some questions about it? (you said "or anyone else") :)

As a complete noob, I think I would obviously start with the Arcadia starter kit:
http://www.yetistand.com/product/arcadia-macross-stand-starter-kit

Do I need some sort of extra-adapter to display it in Fighter mode? (or any mode for that matter)

The VF-1S does come with some "extra pieces" that I think are for that purpose (bottom left), but not sure if they would work with Yeti's

aca82128_8_1461808461.jpg?v=1461808461

1 minute ago, wmkjr said:

Yetistand would be the best in terms of display options/availability but pricing might be a factor. 

Thanks man. Looks like Yeti's will be the the option to go, and I'm happy money stays in the community ^^

It's definitely cheaper than those Yamato launchers, and seems to be worth what they cost.

Lol still trying to find that thread, with no luck :( Would love to see some more pictures...

It's all included in the kit. Which adapter you use depends on which way the arm is oriented. They're compatible with the ones included. You can also buy the VF-1 adapter he sells if you want. Also, that starter kit is assuming you already have the Arcadia display stand as it swaps out the stock arm for the Yeti one. If you have some unused DX stands laying around, you can use the DX starter kit in the same way.

Edit: It's the Yetistand alpha thread a few threads below.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41509-yetistand-alpha/

Edited by wmkjr
My blind eyes didn't see the adapters included in the kit already

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

It's all included in the kit. Which adapter you use depends on which way the arm is oriented. They're compatible with the ones included. You can also buy the VF-1 adapter he sells if you want. Also, that starter kit is assuming you already have the Arcadia display stand as it swaps out the stock arm for the Yeti one. If you have some unused DX stands laying around, you can use the DX starter kit in the same way.

Edit: It's the Yetistand alpha thread a few threads below.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41509-yetistand-alpha/

Ohh, thanks for pointing it out, I was missing that important detail, the base is not included with the "starter" kit...

So, if I have absolutely nothing, I should start with the Yeti Beta I guess, and then add any adapters for the valk...

Yep, you will need a base or other mounting option (the wall and detolf mounts are also excellent). The adapters that come with the valks will work with the starter kit parts you mentioned. When you think you are ready to order, just let yeti or us know what you want to achieve and we can help figure out if you have what you need. 

woops, I already ordered ^^ but I think what I got should be enough

Image of YetiStand Alpha

YetiStand Alpha

Pegged (adds six 5mm peg holes) 2 @ $47.00 / $94.00
Image of YA Banking Adapter

YA Banking Adapter

$5.00
Image of YA Standing Adapter

YA Standing Adapter

$5.00
Image of Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 "V2" VF-1 Series Adapter

Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 "V2" VF-1 Series Adapter

$5.00

I decided to include the adapter, to check what's the difference between the original and Yeti's

Btw, is there a way to "track" the order? or will I get an email once it's moving?

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

woops, I already ordered ^^ but I think what I got should be enough

Image of YetiStand Alpha

YetiStand Alpha

Pegged (adds six 5mm peg holes) 2 @ $47.00 / $94.00
Image of YA Banking Adapter

YA Banking Adapter

$5.00
Image of YA Standing Adapter

YA Standing Adapter

$5.00
Image of Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 "V2" VF-1 Series Adapter

Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 "V2" VF-1 Series Adapter

$5.00

I decided to include the adapter, to check what's the difference between the original and Yeti's

Btw, is there a way to "track" the order? or will I get an email once it's moving?

You need the original adapter to plug the yeti adapter into. It's a good thing you saved the original. If you ever decide to toss something toy related, Lmk because I'd most likely take it. ;)

11 hours ago, Arkham said:

The various Banking/Standing adapters are for attaching the stock clips to a Yeti arm. The "V2 VF-1 Series" adapter replaces the stock fighter mode clip to get gunpod clearance. If you use the stock clip on a Yeti, the gunpod gets jammed against the Yeti arm adapter.

10 hours ago, The Smirker said:

Did you buy these, are they solid? I don't have these but these copies are known for having cracking issues. 

I second that the Yetistands are the best out there for our macross toys 

Edited by Xigfrid

On 11/24/2017 at 11:27 AM, Slave IV said:

The finest stands available for your 1/60 valks are from Yetistands by @ChaoticYeti. Just check the thread here about them, the website and you can ask him questions directly or anyone else. I've used many different stands and these blow them all away in terms of stability, configuration, looks, quality, options, etc...

On 11/24/2017 at 12:12 PM, wmkjr said:

...4. Yetistand- Most versatile in terms of display options. You can put more than 1 valk on a stand depending on how you configured it. Costs more than Flightpose/Bandai action bases but more stable. Also sells adapters for certain valks that are better than the ones included with the valks.

5 hours ago, cmal said:

The various Banking/Standing adapters are for attaching the stock clips to a Yeti arm. The "V2 VF-1 Series" adapter replaces the stock fighter mode clip to get gunpod clearance. If you use the stock clip on a Yeti, the gunpod gets jammed against the Yeti arm adapter.

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

...I second that the Yetistands are the best out there for our macross toys 

Thanks everyone. It means a lot to hear your recommendations. Arkham, if you have any questions, just shoot me a PM.

7 hours ago, Arkham said:

Articulate statues, ok?

Let's not perfume the pig here. They're toys, and there's nothing wrong with that... :p

I have the wall mount, and I love it. I will caution you though, don't overtighten the bolts, or you will crack the acrylic. Trust me, I know, it happened to me. Mine currently displays my bandai valks, and it does fine. Should work exceptionally well for arcadias, considering that bandai valks are generally heavier (if my Yamato Valks are anything to go by). 

On 11/27/2017 at 7:00 AM, Arkham said:

Articulate statues, ok?

I believe they prefer to be called "Action Sculptures", thank you.... :p:D

• 1 year later...

Gonna post about the new Arcadia stand here just for good reference

9CBE1D7C-665B-43E5-95EA-1FAFED3000C3.thumb.jpeg.f87b554d83c95103f934d98ac3262374.jpegMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand.jpg.704a1e5930183aaff047c2e6ab78cedc.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_3.jpg.291a72bbc94b80fd47eee7a18541e728.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_5.jpg.d18396920f9343d348f7152dcd23b7f7.jpgMacross_Arcadia_Stand.jpg.82303570b0a2f2b43607f5af4a32a587.jpgMacross_Arcadia_VE-1_Stand_4.jpg.ac6082301a2305991b9b7ad31e2b341d.jpg

First thing I noticed before taking the stands out of the box was the heft which I later found came from the metal weights that are installed and shown in the bottom. Really nice touch to make everything feel solid. Fit and finish of the stand is superb. I didn't have the issue of backwards parts mentioned by one person I've seen so far. I love the ample storage space that can hold all the extra parts that came with the valk (not sure if there is enough room for a whole missile set but it should be close). Ratcheted joints all around make it very secure for any pose and several options to set up the arm and base. The only thing I would ask for is a bit more articulation in the arm so you can lower the angle and keep the valk level at the same time but overall, it really is enough. I'm definitely good with just the two I got because I am only planning on using them to hold Valks in fighter mode like in the movie and it would be boring to have too many displayed like that. Whatever the case, great buy and well worth it for the look but Yetistands are still overall the king.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, looks like 1 of my 2 copies also has the issue of one of the clamp parts being the wrong one, with the "underside" (open side) showing towards the outside.

Debating if I should poke Amazon Japan, or if it's too minor to bother.

While it doesn't seem like a big deal at all, it kinda sucks and I would be annoyed just to know it is not supposed to be that way.

51 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, looks like 1 of my 2 copies also has the issue of one of the clamp parts being the wrong one, with the "underside" (open side) showing towards the outside.

Debating if I should poke Amazon Japan, or if it's too minor to bother.

This is really bad.

As @Slave IV said, it is a small issue but it will be something that bug me.

I have returned a VF-4 HMR to Amazon.jp and at the end I can't find any way to reduce the shipping cost that I feel they will be happy with and Amazon.jp end up paying over $100 for DHL shipping. That make me feel so terrible and even now I regretted not thinking quick and cancel the return.

I am waiting for my base from Amazon, I really hope there will be no problem otherwise I will hard press to decide what to do.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

This is really bad.

As @Slave IV said, it is a small issue but it will be something that bug me.

I have returned a VF-4 HMR to Amazon.jp and at the end I can't find any way to reduce the shipping cost that I feel they will be happy with and Amazon.jp end up paying over $100 for DHL shipping. That make me feel so terrible and even now I regretted not thinking quick and cancel the return.

I am waiting for my base from Amazon, I really hope there will be no problem otherwise I will hard press to decide what to do.

I know it's not keeping the item in perfect condition, but if you aren't worried about that, you could just plug the hole with clay, and then even cap it with a piece of sheet plastic, and then paint it to match. 

Still irritating to have that kind of sloppy assembly though.  Maybe it would be worth trying to set up a part exchange for people with too many of one part, and not enough of another?  It seemed to solve a few folks' problems with mismatched HMR super packs.

Ok.

Assembled one of mine earlier.

It's an ok improvement over the Yammie. Especially the new storage-compartment to store stuff.

Fwiw, this Arcadia Launch-Arm does not include the previous baggy of various adapters that came with the original Yamato Launch-Arms.

Some pics. Didn't have any of my Strikes available, so I grab my Hikkie-1J instead:

1-60v2-1j-on-arcadia-launch-arm-2.thumb.jpg.68ff93f81f2793c4569e59da71e9c9a6.jpg

1-60v2-1j-on-arcadia-launch-arm-1.thumb.jpg.0c5ce94331ae5dc83c81e4fd497ec9ff.jpg

Oh, this is the only adapter that came with this Launch-Arm,  and it seems to be specific for use with the Arcadia VF-Zero's humongous valk-mode adapter:

adapter-for-Arcadia-VF-0-valks.jpg.f9af32817eb3e103e5d59b9c2740e387.jpg