Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

2 hours ago, oshanmacross said:

Got mine last night, small but well done.
And yes thankfully it had the book.

Need to get my motivation up to transform it, I have flashbacks from my Yamato hips and hinge breaking.
Hopefully the last Proto-Garland for me. 

Would like a GR-2 though, and of course a Wilde-Sau ~_^

How does the Arcadia scale to your Wilde Sau model?  Post a pic!

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

For those on the fence about this thing. It's basically $200 off what I paid from HLJ when I pre-ordered. I'm tempted to get another just to keep in bike mode.

Ha, I got a second one for exactly that B))

And with the value of the ¥ dropping like it has lately...yes, this is a really good deal!

11 hours ago, Grey728 said:

For those on the fence about this thing. It's basically $200 off what I paid from HLJ when I pre-ordered. I'm tempted to get another just to keep in bike mode.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01DEOVZ5W/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

image.png.59c210b5dc9089a4eb837113b7982e96.png

Is this the best toy for a Garland?  What is different between the white and the dark Garland that recently released?

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Is this the best toy for a Garland?  What is different between the white and the dark Garland that recently released?

The picture shown is off the Fewture Garland, I reviewed it here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=14429

The dark Garland recently released is an Arcadia product. It is different from the ones I previously reviewed in that it is a Proto Garland which has some tweaks but it would be most similar to the Garlaands I reviewed here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=11313

With considerable newly acquired downtime during this "state of caution" I decided to add eyes so the nightmares would finally end...

Before (from previous post)...

2AB4F9BB-B3EE-4770-B65A-E76C00C5C765.jpeg

After...

shogo_eyes.jpeg

modeled after...

shogo.jpg

and Lightning...

lightning_eyes.jpeg

modeled after...

lightning.jpg

Be safe out there everyone

43 minutes ago, Bobby said:

With considerable newly acquired downtime during this "state of caution" I decided to add eyes so the nightmares would finally end...

Before (from previous post)...

2AB4F9BB-B3EE-4770-B65A-E76C00C5C765.jpeg

After...

shogo_eyes.jpeg

modeled after...

shogo.jpg

and Lightning...

lightning_eyes.jpeg

modeled after...

lightning.jpg

Be safe out there everyone

Nicely done!

• 2 months later...

I see the Proto Garland listed as reissue on HLJ.

https://www.hlj.com/1-24-scale-megazone-23-part-ii-diecast-model-proto-garland-reissue-aca82136-2

I received a proto Garland that I had waiting in the warehouse of HLJ for a while now. Was disappointed to find an amber light missing on the rear and some of the pins not fully flushed so that the left swing arm wouldn't align correctly. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got an ex-gokin Garland for 24000 yen. I patting myself on the back for scoring a great deal on a new garland. Then the invoice came in. The shipping is over 10000yen EMS. Id this correct? Anyone else who bought the ex gokin? If so how much did you pay for shipping?