Consolidated Megazone 23 Toy/Model Thread for 2017-2018

RavenHawk

On 3/31/2018 at 10:05 PM, jenius said:

I think you would have to remove the lower section (waist down) of a CM's ride armor figure into the Garland. There's just not enough room around the console... especially when you think about the boots those things wear.

I have no doubt you're absolutely right.

If only those CMs (non-armored) character figures had movable legs...

So, this is really BARELY related to MZ 23, but the mailman just delivered this item, and I'm actually really excited to put it together... and just wanted to share that new toy excitement.

5ac4ffcad3525_ArmedBreaker.jpg.399c289b0c194fb16c099f767dd63efb.jpg

How is this related to MZ 23?

Well, with the truck with trailer combining with the motorcycle, and with the likely slow (but completely understandable) timeline from Arcadia, this is going to be my Hargun stand-in for the foreseeable future.

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

That looks cool, I'm not familiar with it.

It's made by Kotobukiya, part of their "Gigantic Arms" series. This one is called "Armed Breaker". They're definitely toys, and pretty solid, but they come as snap-fit model kits that you assemble yourself. Some transform 100%, some are a bit parts-former-y (then again, so it the Hargun, arguably), but the two that I have (both motorcycles) are pretty fun.

They have a lot of designs that, honestly, do nothing for me, but a few really cool ones, like this.

Edited by RavenHawk

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jenius said:

Nippon-Yasan is reporting both E=X Garland and Fewture Garland are delayed to 5/31/2017. I'm still very concerned about the Fewture becoming vaporware. 

It may be my own naivety, but I'm actually a little surprised by the E=X Garland being so delayed. It looked like a fairly finished production sample was being shown around last July, and the transformation video came out in September.

Maybe they've been working on how fragile that thing looked?

As for Fewture... somehow, I'm not as surprised. Yeah, they've been posting pics of painted prototypes since at least July of 2015, but something about every pic released for three years now just keeps looking like that's all they have: very early prototypes with very shiny coats of paint.

Probably just my own cynicism; half the time we never see anything beyond those very early prototypes until it hits shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't signed or even brought a toy in so long but big surprise I see here.  The E=X Garland, I can't resist.  I'm ok with it floppy since I got Freeing's Getter series.  Too bad that engine section looks to be a partsformer.

Don't want to take the chance of Arcadia cancelling it like Beagle did the rest of the Mospeada cycles.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooooo Megazone just can't catch a break (though I'd say three companies making Megazone toys is more break than I would probably wish for).

Freeing E=X Garland, bumped again to June (?)
Fewture Garland, bumped to "not officially cancelled yet but don't call us, we'll call you."
Arcadia is probably glad they bumped all the way out to July given everyone else's track record.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Sooooooooo Megazone just can't catch a break (though I'd say three companies making Megazone toys is more break than I would probably wish for).

Freeing E=X Garland, bumped again to June (?)
Fewture Garland, bumped to "not officially cancelled yet but don't call us, we'll call you."
Arcadia is probably glad they bumped all the way out to July given everyone else's track record.

I'm putting my MZ23 eggs in the Arcadia basket. I hope they come through.

Wasn't there a guy here that did an article for Forbes with a trip to Arcadia's office and Megazone toys? We might need a second trip for some solid updates. Although I think a big summer Wonderfest is coming up in June or July. We should get news then.

Just wanted to add this to this thread...

This is a super rare fully transformable variable Garland resin kit (pre-colored) at 1/48 scale designed/developed by Mr. Hiroshi Imizu.

It was only made for sale at a past Wonder Festival ('17)... "Operator 7-G, please respond!"

mz231.jpg

mz237.jpg

mz236.jpg

mz233.jpg

mz232.jpg

mz234.jpg

mz235.jpg

Edited by Bobby

On 6/2/2018 at 3:13 PM, Bobby said:

Just wanted to add this to this thread...

This is a super rare fully transformable variable Garland resin kit (pre-colored) at 1/48 scale designed/developed by Mr. Hiroshi Imizu.

It was only made for sale at a past Wonder Festival ('17)... "Operator 7-G, please respond!"

mz231.jpg

mz237.jpg

mz236.jpg

mz233.jpg

mz232.jpg

mz234.jpg

mz235.jpg

That is really cool. Looks like it may even transform better than the bigger ones in more forgiving materials.

Could you post the rest of the instructions?

• 2 weeks later...

E=X:  HLJ just sent my shipping notice and invoice for the Freeing E=X Garland.  Looks like this thing is really going to happen here shortly. Did not like the part III anime, but liked the bike design (and the music) though. Pt III just did not seem like the worthy successor to my first and most favorite animes of MZ23 pts I & II that I saw back in the 80s.

Arcadia: I have for so long wanted a hargun to complement my Yamato Garlands.  Definite buy for me when it comes out (especially with the transport truck).  I just don't know if I can trust Arcadia after watching my pt 1, and pt 2 Yamato Garlands disintegrate right before my eyes;  And what a cruel trick/great business move in changing the scaling to invalidate my old Garlands, lure me in with the promise of Harguns, but only on the condition of success of (yet another) pt. 1 Garland.  Well played Arcadia.

Yeah, looks like no review above two stars and most are ones.  This guy was pretty ticked off:

Getter or transformation It is a manufacturer that can not think even a decent deformation or a locking mechanism by riding in condition with movable deformation. You do not have to hang with just extra hinges Cost multiplication Does not it cost expensive or is it a customer?I checked leg gimmicks but if it is a large thigh or knee part size, you can get clearance with a sliding mechanism like normal garland or regios. I am wondering why it is possible to be such a joint with no holding power in the top heavy including die casting. Is it not good if the arms are built in both large drama types that incorporate both daggers and missiles? It is too costly cost. Are you stupid? I am stupid!Do not Lick customers!

Edited by glane21

Here is a rare Megazone 23 | 32 page fanzine that was printed just for an anime festival in Japan during Christmas of 2010. 

It even features a model of the blue garland version featured in the M23 PS3 game. If you're a fan and do not have this booklet I highly recommend it.

A copy is on Yahoo auctions --> https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k311729700

2325_cover.jpg2325_transformation.jpg

2325_blue.jpg2325_garland.jpg

Yep very floppy.

Tried to transform mine without instructions.  Got stuck on the leg thruster/hydraulics and needed youtube.

Proud I managed to get it back in the box.

EDIT forgot mine came with one of the arms popped out of the shoulder ball joint.

Edited by yf19vsyf21