YF-25 Prophecy with customized Tornado Pack

CrossAir

I could not find anything about this done before, so I’d like show my repaint of VF-25s Tornado Pack to fit on the YF-25 Prophecy. The YF-25 is still my favorite Valkyrie due to it’s colors and design (Maybe this will change after the release of the VF-31A Kairos though ;)). When the Tornado Packs for the renewal versions of the VF-25 came out, I always tried to get a hand on Michel’s blue colored pack, but I couldn’t grab one at a reasonable price. But then I made a good deal on ebay and got a second Alto version and decided to make a repaint to fit an the YF-25. The outcome you can see below. 

I’m glad I went for this „Tornado“-solution for my YF-25, as in my opinion Michel’s Tornado Pack is much too colorful for the YF-25 and its shade of blue doesn’t match the blue color behind the cockpit of the YF-25.

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Thanks all

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Looks like it was made for it.

That was my thought too when I attached the parts after rework the first time B))

@wmkjr: I used Tamyia paints. Base was X-6 glossy orange with X-21 flat base to get a semi-gloss finish. Unfortunately I don't have any information on the ratios as I mixed it just by trial and error. Had to start over three times. I used also a little amount of yellow and red brown as far as I remember. 

@Mommar: Left it in fighter mode all the time, but good idea, I'll gonna make some pics. 

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Very nice colors. Did you strip everything and start from bare plastic? If so, where did you get the decals for all the markings?

Or did you mask off areas and "just" paint over the original paint scheme? Either way, that's a really pretty design.

I just painted over by hand. I thinned the custom orange a little bit, gladly it had still enough opacity. I applied two layers by brush. No masks, just a calm hand ^_^

The painted areas are all orange surfaces and the black yellow outer fins. the rest I just left as it came out of the box.

1 hour ago, CrossAir said:

The YF-25 is the only Valk I have three of. Now that I see the other modes, I feel the urge to get two other sets of Tornado parts although I have no ambition to do the same paint job once more :blink:;)

Tornado pack is the best pack, let's be honest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2017 at 12:55 PM, CrossAir said:

I still think about changing the markings from SMS to NUNS markings. That would make it look even more authentic. But I can only find those U.N.Spacy markings.

Does anyone know where to get water slide decals for NUNS-markings? 

Tfkingdom.com would make them. 

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Some great work on that! And brush painted..?! Wow.

Yes, brush painted, but as I mentioned earlier only the orange areas and the black outer fins with its yellow tips. But even with double coating of paint the orange color kept its smooth surface.

Over Christmas I plan to do the repaint on my second Alto Tornado parts, too, as I still have some mixed orange paint left. But this time I'll give it a try by spray gun. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just started today with the airbrushing of my second Alto Tornado Parts. Have I already mentioned that I hate masking?

The surface of the the airbrushed parts is not that smooth as of the hand painted ones, but the distribution is perfekt of course. On the hand painted parts you can see the brushstrokes if you take a closer look.

Here's the outcome in comparison to the hand painted part:IMG_2091.thumb.jpg.3458bdb5eb44c53384ed423f8842fd8a.jpgIMG_2091.thumb.jpg.3458bdb5eb44c53384ed423f8842fd8a.jpgIMG_2092.thumb.jpg.0a9f6f73ac67e4708781fc673f6d4ad5.jpg

Ok, second and final run of the paint job for my second set of the YF-25 Tornado Parts is done, too. The outcome of yesterdays spray work is much better than I expected. Someone who doesn't know that this color version does not exist won't guess that some parts of the painting are not out of factory. Especially the outer black and yellow fins got nearly perfect. Now that I have the comparison between hand brushed and airbrushed version, I realize I should have done the latter one on the first parts, too.

I tried to make the YF-25 pose in Battroid mode without its stand, but no chance. The wing/engine sections of the Tornado pack are far too heavy to hold itself in a good pose :angry:.

IMG_2109.thumb.jpg.b438de685de6c9cf127023c4a6dacbdd.jpgIMG_2114.thumb.jpg.50d8b2fc69d4e14ebc73da50eff95d1c.jpgIMG_2123.thumb.jpg.c44e5c785da7a8afa2644166c11d7304.jpgIMG_2132.thumb.jpg.5ab9577ae465fc84a4a589f7c8233eed.jpg