The Big Waste Of $70 Ever!

tankball

He said there was a 10min time limit something on that specific level where it souldn't be. Took half a minute to destroy a ship according to him. Acknowledge that probably only the Japanese understood and ended the game coz it's in Japanese(?). You could probably blame Harmony Gold for that. And I'm not that convinced if he really actually put the game in the trash bin coz it was dark when he did. And just turned on the lights afterwards.

That's all I remember from that 13:08 clip. Yeah, I did watch his whole video. It would've been nice though if he showed the game screen directly instead to make it more interesting.

But it's just a game. Don't take it too seriously. Sell it to eBay instead. I'm sure someone out there will still buy it. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

ya me doing what i did at the end wasnt mature. all i can say is i've been stuck at that mission for well over a hour with no change in the out come no matter what i did. i was really P-ed off. i also still have the game. i had my mother hide it from me until i feel like giving it other try 

Edited by tankball

Don't worry about it. It happens. But remember there's a good thing too for not 'finishing' the game quickly. It makes it more challenging and at the same time keeping you (the customer) hooked. Like you said you just got stuck over an hour, maybe you just need to try a different way or method or style in encountering the baddies. ;)

You were stuck for just an hour and lost your nerve?

I reckon you must be used to PlayStation / XBox era gaming, where games are easy to defeat and hand-hold the player a lot.

On the NES / SNES era a player could be stuck for days/ weeks trying to clear a level, but that only made clearing the games more rewarding. is what happens with games like Dark Souls / Bloodborne. Not easy to beat but super rewarding. At least for me, that's what playing a game should be about: challenge.

And of course sometimes you can get frustrated and feel like throwing the controller (or the entire console in case of the Vita) away, but you just gotta keep trying. Or maybe go back, clear some previous levels again so you can earn more points to upgrade your Valkyrie, make it more powerful, and then try this level again.

I have Scramble but I haven't had the time to check if I cleared that level yet, but you should give it another try for sure. After all, it's not like we get to play many Macross Games these days.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

You were stuck for just an hour and lost your nerve?

I reckon you must be used to PlayStation / XBox era gaming, where games are easy to defeat and hand-hold the player a lot.

On the NES / SNES era a player could be stuck for days/ weeks trying to clear a level, but that only made clearing the games more rewarding. is what happens with games like Dark Souls / Bloodborne. Not easy to beat but super rewarding. At least for me, that's what playing a game should be about: challenge.

And of course sometimes you can get frustrated and feel like throwing the controller (or the entire console in case of the Vita) away, but you just gotta keep trying. Or maybe go back, clear some previous levels again so you can earn more points to upgrade your Valkyrie, make it more powerful, and then try this level again.

I have Scramble but I haven't had the time to check if I cleared that level yet, but you should give it another try for sure. After all, it's not like we get to play many Macross Games these days.

i hate games like dark souls. if i even played them i'll use a trainer. but heres the thing i know going in there hard. i didnt know this when i asked for the game. if i did i would have never got it.  thats why im hoping that i can use Focslain game save so i can just have fun. 

28 minutes ago, tankball said:

i hate games like dark souls. if i even played them i'll use a trainer. but heres the thing i know going in there hard. i didnt know this when i asked for the game. if i did i would have never got it.  thats why im hoping that i can use Focslain game save so i can just have fun. 

Just remember that even with the save, it doesn't change the difficultly of the missions. Granted you'll have a few valks that are uber tuned so more powerful, but that only helps so much. Also don't expect to SS all the missions, trust me there is more then one that takes more then brute force to get that score.

The mission I'm having trouble with is because I'm doing it too fast and not shooting down enough planes.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

He said there was a 10min time limit something on that specific level where it souldn't be. Took half a minute to destroy a ship according to him. Acknowledge that probably only the Japanese understood and ended the game coz it's in Japanese(?). You could probably blame Harmony Gold for that. And I'm not that convinced if he really actually put the game in the trash bin coz it was dark when he did. And just turned on the lights afterwards.

That's all I remember from that 13:08 clip. Yeah, I did watch his whole video. It would've been nice though if he showed the game screen directly instead to make it more interesting.

But it's just a game. Don't take it too seriously. Sell it to eBay instead. I'm sure someone out there will still buy it. ^_^ 

From the picture in his save request thread I'm guessing it's the mission in the Xoas line where you have to take out the Windamere cruiser(s) in the asteroid field. Cause in that mission there is like multiple waves of them. Took me a few tries to figure that out as I don't read a lick of japanese (all my understanding is from google translate and guess work). 

@tankball - if you want to take a crack at it while waiting for me to upload the save might I suggest the following combo? 

Valk - VF-31 (take your pick) with a fast pack that has multi-missles*.

Pilot - Your highest level one

Wingman - Second highest pilot in the same valk as you

Idol support - You should have Walkure unlocked by now, slot all 5 in with Makina as the main.

Mission - Once the cruiser appears head towards it and pop idol support once close while spamming the multi-missiles. Don't bother holding and releasing, just tap it as fast as you can. Cruiser should go down in a few seconds. If your fast pack gets destroyed just use your missiles to take out the cruiser, cycle target until your one one part of it.

* = You can tell you have the correct one by looking at the weapon upgrade screen prior to the mission. If one of the weapons has the symbol that looks like 3 micros locking on, you have the right weapon.

If you need anyother help/advise, just ask in the main Delta scramble thread. I'll start following it so I can reply faster if needed. But give me a day at least respond. 

I would love to pay for that same amount if only Macross Delta Scramble is available for PS4 since I'm not going to spend more and get a new handheld console so I can just enjoy that. ;)

What I learned from your post is that whether you can't beat the game on time or finish it quick for being easy, the remark will still be the same I guess for some people -- that it's a waste of money because the game finish quick, or it's just hard to beat. ^_^ 

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I would love to pay for that same amount if only Macross Delta Scramble is available for PS4 since I'm not going to spend more and get a new handheld console so I can just enjoy that. ;)

My investment to play this game was $250.

50 for the PSTV, 50 for a good wireless controller, 50 for a 32gig memory card.

90 for the special edition of the game plus 10 for the DLC

Worth every penny (for me). Plus I have the system to play other games, I just need another memory card to play US games.

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

My investment to play this game was $250.

50 for the PSTV, 50 for a good wireless controller, 50 for a 32gig memory card.

90 for the special edition of the game plus 10 for the DLC

Worth every penny (for me). Plus I have the system to play other games, I just need another memory card to play US games.

I'm sure it is. But just so you know, I'm getting too old on this kind of stuff. But I still try to play some once in awhile. While I did enjoy Macross30 on PS3, I was hoping that there will be a new Macross game for PS4. And that, I'm going to buy it for sure. But buying another console or handheld for that matter I already gave it up since I don't think it's worth it anymore knowing that I just have small time on playing it. And by that time I'm going to finish the whole game a new one will come out. So right now, I envy people that have time to play video games -- everyday. ;)

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm sure it is. But just so you know, I'm getting too old on this kind of stuff. But I still try to play some once in awhile. While I did enjoy Macross30 on PS3, I was hoping that there will be a new Macross game for PS4. And that, I'm going to buy it for sure. But buying another console or handheld for that matter I already gave it up since I don't think it's worth it anymore knowing that I just have small time on playing it. And by that time I'm going to finish the whole game a new one will come out. So right now, I envy people that have time to play video games -- everyday. ;)

Macross VR on the PS4 would be a cool idea.