Shoji Kawamori's Juushinki PANDORA (Spring 2018)

• 1 month later...

The mechs remind me of the nirvash types from Eureka7, which Kawamori designed, correct?

Also, never trust the attractive lady that seems to be running things. Unless they’re name starts with an M, they’re probably up to no good.

Edited by Mazinger

Wow, the abundance of CGI in the trailers really clashes with the simplistic, 2D character animation.  Is this a low-budget production?

Recent Gundam projects like Thunderbolt and Unicorn have done a much better job of integrating the computer animation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qE_UMethK0

This Pandora looks like outdated crap by comparison.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Wow, the abundance of CGI in the trailers really clashes with the simplistic, 2D character animation.  Is this a low-budget production?

Recent Gundam projects like Thunderbolt and Unicorn have done a much better job of integrating the computer animation...

Aren't you comparing a series to OVA's? Hardly a fair comparison if that's the case...

Doesn't look too different from other anime styles on show right now.

Iron blooded orphans, may have been a better example since it’s a series and pretty recent as far as Gundam goes. The satellite anime almost always seems to try and use very cg looking mecha and unfortunately that seems to be a trend theses days.

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Gundam shows probably have bigger budgets. You know they're supposed to sell kits etc...

36 minutes ago, seti88 said:

only for JP viewers or worldwide? Didnt see it on Netflix outside JP...

I think it airs on Japanese television on the 4th of April. Raws are out, now will someone sub it in English? :ph34r: Or we can wait until September when Netflix gets it in the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is this streaming anywhere?

I don't think we're supposed to post links, but a simple google search will show sites offering this series. I watched episode 1 (english subbed) Saturday. 

54 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I don't think we're supposed to post links, but a simple google search will show sites offering this series. I watched episode 1 (english subbed) Saturday. 

Oh, I thought there was like a Crunchyroll or Netflix contract or something. Even Hulu or something funky like CBS All Access. Ah well, I can wait.

• 2 months later...

Just watched the first ep of thirteen out so far. Just on the strength of the first ep, I'll continue watching. 

Did a search, and came up with zip as far as toys/models. Leon's transforming car is pretty cool (no familiarity with Nobunaga the Fool, so the design is fresh to my eyes)- I want a toy of this thing. The variable ground military vehicles and that chick's flying vehicle are pretty interesting, too. This show has toy /model fodder all through it- can't believe Bandai's not pushing the plastic crack for this series- it's got yen making potential all over it, esp with Kawamori's name attached. Regardless of how the story progresses, the mecha are sure to please.

It's a weird nitpick, but the dude's cat is obviously voiced by an actor and it bugs me. Not like there aren't plenty of cats in the world to sample. If you're gonna use a human, get someone like Dee Bradley Baker who has an incredible talent for producing legit animal sounds ( he did most of the critters in the Avatar series). His Kiwi accent is pretty good, too. wink

Edited by M'Kyuun

I'm watching it on watchcartoononline.com. The sub is pretty decent, although the translation is off every now and then. Still, it's far and above the terribly subbed version of Macross Zero I own. About 5 eps in and I'm following Juushinki Pandora just fine so far. Hope this helps.