Tamiya Cars

tankball

so i subed to a japanese channle that uploads stuff i'll sometimes watch. for the past few days they been upload slot like car raceing videos like this

i'll like to know what these things are called. i also think theres a anime out there for these car things. i do beleave its a kids anime that i saw i'll say around 2015 on cartoonnetwork.  

33 minutes ago, tankball said:

i'll like to know what these things are called. i also think theres a anime out there for these car things. i do beleave its a kids anime that i saw i'll say around 2015 on cartoonnetwork.  

Those are Tamiya Corp. Mini 4WD non-remote control racecars... customizable kit cars powered by little battery-driven electric motors.  You can find them in many reputable hobby shops.

They were fairly popular in America in the late 90's, though they were just referred to as "Tamiya cars" out here.  I remember my younger siblings used to build and race those at our local hobby store.  I believe the anime you're thinking of is Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go!!.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Had quite a few of these buggers back in the day I didn't sport facial hair yet

Luckily rechargeable batteries were already at consumer level back then, or I'd bankrupted my parents

What was fun (at least until the motor burnt out), was putting in a 9v battery and really watch them go off

• azrael changed the title to Tamiya Cars