1/72 VF-19 Active racer Battroid

modelglue

Please don't purchase any of the Macross items from that retailer. I see quite a few cheap recasts of kits that are easily available from people who actually own the original patterns. Namely the launch vehicle and rail, launch arm and Breetai's flagship. I wondered where the Kits Power knock offs had gone to an now we know.

Just save a little bit longer and get an original, buying off these guys hurts legit GKers. I know it is going to kill me the day I find one of my kits on that site.

Cheers,

Brett

6 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

Please don't purchase any of the Macross items from that retailer. I see quite a few cheap recasts of kits that are easily available from people who actually own the original patterns. Namely the launch vehicle and rail, launch arm and Breetai's flagship. I wondered where the Kits Power knock offs had gone to an now we know.

Just save a little bit longer and get an original, buying off these guys hurts legit GKers. I know it is going to kill me the day I find one of my kits on that site.

Cheers,

Brett

Where do we get original launch vehicle and rail, launch arm and Breetai's flagship? I haven't seen them at starshipmodelers, if that's where you mean.

I have heard there is a second smaller 30cm Breetai Flagship that I would love to get too. 

I prefer 100% to support the original casters.

But if something is completely out of production, I don't see the harm in getting a recast. None of it is licensed anyway.

Edited by arbit

The LV and rail can be purchased through SSM: https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/1802_61/172-booster-launch-vehicle.html

For the flagship you would have to contact Scale Solutions directly and see what the deal is. Other than that they do appear on the MW for sale threads here from time to time.

Cheers

Edited by Return To Kit Form

It was news to me, and beats the crap out of paying scalper fees for 20 piece wonderfest exclusives. 

After doing some more reading: If they weren't so limited to begin with then I would have a problem with it. But when the original GK producer is not putting kits up for sale there is a natural vacuum. I filled it with money. I don't feel bad.

Where can I buy your kits?

I hear you about the whole supply/demand thing. This issue just isn't black and white and is mostly opinion driven but it is a damn shame to see recasts out there when you can still get originals. 

You can purchase kits from me here at the boards, ebay or check out our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Returntokitform/

At this stage we only have half a dozen kits cast from the patterns we purchased from Captain America but the line will be extending with a a series of canopy masking sets, plus a 1/72 scale TV N-Ger and Zentran infantry next in line.

Cheers,

Brett

5 hours ago, Return To Kit Form said:

I hear you about the whole supply/demand thing. This issue just isn't black and white and is mostly opinion driven but it is a damn shame to see recasts out there when you can still get originals. 

Is the original of this VF-19 kit available? If so, where? I'd gladly pay a premium for it, as E2046 has a spotty record with recasts anyway.

I think there's definitely a place for recasters, but I agree that it's generally distasteful for them to copy a garage kit so soon after its release, and without consulting with the original scuptor/caster, no less. That said, even if the company did want to collaborate more closely with creators, I can understand the many many barriers that would keep this from being feasible. What I'd love to see happen more often is something like what RTKF did - ie buy the masters from the creators - or a working relationship where the original creator receives some measure of the profits from the sale of the recasts.