https://twinfinite.net/2018/12/ace-combat-7-screenshots-multiplayer/?state=changed3241&gid=1&pid=1

Very ACI-like, which isn't surprising. I do hope they add a PvE raid mode in later, that was probably the best part of Infinity. Some of the later special raids from Infinity were nuts (Gold Excalibur turning into a 3D bullet hell level was something to see, even if it made the game crawl into 20 fps).

Strange, since it listed different deadlines for different bonuses.  I had decided a few weeks ago to pass on that version though, as reading carefully, I don't think it came with much (any?) of the DLC.  I think for the same money, the 'season pass' versions etc will give more value. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:55 PM, kajnrig said:

"Aces at War Bundle" no longer shows up. :( I was gonna place a preorder this weekend.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/523300/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-aces-at-war-bundle-playstation-4

Aces at War is back up but not for pre order, it has a waiting list link so if you still want the artbook that's your best chance for now.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Strange, since it listed different deadlines for different bonuses.  I had decided a few weeks ago to pass on that version though, as reading carefully, I don't think it came with much (any?) of the DLC.  I think for the same money, the 'season pass' versions etc will give more value. 

Looks like they finally updated the page with what DLC it will come with and looks like it's the same F-4/ 3 aircraft skins/ AC5 or 6 that you get with a regular pre order.

• 2 weeks later...

The English dub has been posted as well. I gotta say, the voice acting seems like a step up from the past games.

Project Aces uploaded the opening cinematic for AC7.

Edited by AN/ALQ128
new video

11 minutes ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Project Aces uploaded the opening cinematic for AC7.

Hah I was just coming to post that, it's looking good so far! In other news I just got confirmation for my Aces at War bundle so if anyone was on the waiting list for one there might be more available soon.

Although, that line about the Eagle pulling "30 g's" seems pretty weird. I would think that Katabuchi or Kono would know enough about airplanes to know how ridiculous that number is. Is it just an error on the part of the translators?

It's odd wording for sure. Mostly I think it's meant to imply how sharply they're maneuvering. As long as the 30 g's aren't sustained forces, I'd think they're survivable. John Stapp, renowned historical crash test dummy, survived a maximum 46-g test, and estimated the human body can survive even greater numbers.

The dialogue before and after, as well as the visuals, don't help it much, though.

If you're talking about drones, no, normal G-limits for pilots obviously don't apply.  Aircraft are able to pull far more strenuous maneuvers than pilots would be able to do physically and remain conscious/healthy.

Thirty Gs sounds like a ton, and most aircraft probably aren't meant to experience those stresses for any long period of time.  If anything, the airframe would probably be stricken from flight status afterward, and relegated to a static display.  Even minor envelope excursions generally require an aircraft be grounded afterward for a structural integrity check.  Just because an aircraft is built to survive heavy G-loading doesn't mean it's meant to operate at that level continuously.

A concept someone at L-M did as a way the F-22’s weapon load could be increased without hurting stealth too much. They also appear on the Silent Eagle concept and the Super Hornet III. 

28 minutes ago, Sildani said:

A concept someone at L-M did as a way the F-22’s weapon load could be increased without hurting stealth too much. They also appear on the Silent Eagle concept and the Super Hornet III. 

I think I've seen some Hidetaka Tenjin paintings of VF-0's equipped with a similar stealth ordnance container too.

Ah, I see. I had assumed some such thing MUST have been at least conceptualized for the Raptor by now, if not downright made. I'm gonna have to go back through the other trailers and see if they just reuse it for the other pod designs, too, or if those are unique. I'd imagine if it just clamps onto a hardpoint, it'd be pretty interchangeable.

...or actually, those of you with the know-how, are mounting points the same across the different fighters? Or are there different brackets for putting, say, an AMRAAM on an F-22 versus an F-16?

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ah, I see. I had assumed some such thing MUST have been at least conceptualized for the Raptor by now, if not downright made. I'm gonna have to go back through the other trailers and see if they just reuse it for the other pod designs, too, or if those are unique. I'd imagine if it just clamps onto a hardpoint, it'd be pretty interchangeable.

...or actually, those of you with the know-how, are mounting points the same across the different fighters? Or are there different brackets for putting, say, an AMRAAM on an F-22 versus an F-16?

Air-to-Air missiles usually have fairly unique rails/adapters for each plane.  But anything else is pretty universal.