48 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

3360 @ HLJ

3360 @ Hobby Search

For Modelers Edition:

https://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-448/Sci || 2800 JPY

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10543541 || 2800 JPY

@amiami: http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=xfa-27&submit=Search&pagemax=40 (2570 JPY || 3080 JPY)

5 hours ago, Duymon said:

I would be happy if Ace Combat VII comes even close to having the simple cheesy but engaging story-telling we got in V and Zero.

I think Zero is my favorite of the series.

I can't access the article because of Adblock, but here it is for those of you who can:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/06/18/ace-combat-7-will-take-us-back-to-the-lighthouse-war-and-bring-sunao-katabuchi-onboard/

As for me, I think Zero has the best set piece in the Round Table. It's cheesily Romantic, this "hallowed area" where fighter pilots come to challenge each other in duels. It's dumb, it's dorky, and I love it. The live-action cutscenes were just as dumb and dorky and cheesily Romantic, and I loved those, too.

AC5's story is the sanctimonious, childishly sincere thing you can only get from a nation like Japan, and I loved it.

AC4's story is way more mellow and contemplative than 5's, and Stonehenge is just so frakking cool. I remember the first time I played it I didn't pay attention to the briefing and headed straight for the railguns without destroying the radar settlements. I ended up having to fire dumb missiles and bombs and emptying my gun in order to defeat it, and it was exhausting and exhilarating, and I loved it.

AC6... had that cool railgun level at the end where you had to fly down the barrel. That was cool, I guess. And the super fighter of that game was pretty cool, too, I think. The one that could do the Macross Missile Massacre.

Did anyone else play Skies of Deception(?) on the PSP? That was a disgustingly great game, even if I remember absolutely none of its story now. The number of original super fighters it had was enormous, and being able to customize them made it so much fun. Put on some infinite ammo/zero reload time cheats in ppsspp, use the Morgan to spam burst missiles, and you get the added bonus of crashing the game, too.

Assault Horizon is terrible. I don't care if it says Ace Combat in the title screen, it's not really an Ace Combat game. Don't waste your time.

Assault Horizon Legacy on the 2DS is actually really good, though... because it's actually a remake of AC2. Which is also good.

3 is great. I think it's criminally underrated, actually, just because the US version was so badly mangled vs the Japanese version. It has some of the most memorable missions in the series, IMHO.

4 is, mechanically, excellent. I think the early missions are a little bland after 3, though.

5 is a little goofy, but has decent mission variety. There's just one mission that's super annoying.

5 is, like I said, probably my favorite. A little short, but no bad missions. And cheesy, but good cheesy.

6 is pretty forgettable.  Scratch that, I remember it having too many generic enemies. Coming off some of the older games, I was used to trying to down every enemy, but it just wasn't happening on six.

Skies Of Deception was the game 6 should have been. Lots of aircraft, lots of missions, branching paths... An all around good time.

Joint Assault is another AC on PSP. Used the same engine as Skies of Deception. I remember it being good, but not as good as SoD.

Infinity was fun when you were in the air. But the F2P mechanics were terrible.

The original Air Combat is a relic.  I think it might have been pretty cool when it was first released, but it barely qualifies as a game compare to its sequels.

Am I missing any?

Assault Horizon isn't all bad; the soundtrack was and remains phenomenal.

Sky Crawlers... Is that based on the Mamoru Oshii anime? Because the anime is the first thing that pops up when I google it.

I'm guessing everyone caught that Kickstarter project a week or two ago, right? "Project Wingman." The demo build scratched that AC itch pretty good for me.

If there ever is a HD remake of AC3, I'd be the first one to jump onto the latest generation gaming hardware. That game was so cool on so many levels, from the aircraft designs to the story lines to the characters to the music. And the best part was that you had to put together this giant puzzle by yourself in the stone age of the interweb.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:13 AM, kajnrig said:

Here's some more indepth details on the story and gameplay

https://www.dualshockers.com/ace-combat-7-story-screenshots/

I'm going to need an unboxing etc before I order the XFA-27.  I'm a HUGE fan of it---but it falls under the 'aircraft done by a non-aircraft kit company' auto-suspicion, as well as being MOLDED in white with pre-painted red----that's not the same as Tomy's Ace Combat kits which are 100% pre-painted.   Decal and sticker quality remains to be seen, as well as if we get the "fully detailed, crisp 2-tone red" as in the pics, or just a quick over-spray of 1 tone of red.  

Project Aces celebrated the 23rd anniversary of the Ace Combat franchise in a pretty fitting way. Also a subtle confirmation that the YF-23 is another playable aircraft in Ace Combat 7, I hope.

I sure hope so.  Will be interesting to see if they use the recently (compared to the last main AC game) released YF-23 drawings and "do it proper" vs just copying the Italeri kit like everyone else...   (the Italeri kit's intakes are totally wrong, the nacelles are somewhat wrong)  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...