Hm... I wonder if the hangar sections will be fixed location, or if you'll be able to move around with the controller. The trailer only ever shows the camera rotating around a fixed point, albeit from different angles.

Flight scenes look phenomenal, though. Might make me finally splurge for a PS4 Pro + PSVR. (EDIT: Actually, I believe it comes out on PC, too, right?)

Edited by kajnrig

36 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Hm... I wonder if the hangar sections will be fixed location, or if you'll be able to move around with the controller. The trailer only ever shows the camera rotating around a fixed point, albeit from different angles.

Flight scenes look phenomenal, though. Might make me finally splurge for a PS4 Pro + PSVR. (EDIT: Actually, I believe it comes out on PC, too, right?)

Sadly it seems that so far they're only supporting VR for PS4 owners. I wonder if some smart cookie will find a workaround for PC users though (not that I would know, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to computer stuff).

• 3 months later...
On 31-10-2017 at 4:15 AM, AN/ALQ128 said:

Sadly it seems that so far they're only supporting VR for PS4 owners. I wonder if some smart cookie will find a workaround for PC users though (not that I would know, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to computer stuff).

Late reply, but what the hey

I use a free virtual desktop app to apply "Ghetto VR" in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

It was actually a workaround for my broken DIY Headtracker, it turns out that in Opentrack there is an engine that uses the Oculus (dunno if it's possible for Vive)

Now, it's not comparable to something that is VR Ready as for instance War Thunder, but it gets the job done

And if I were to grab a certain paid VR desktop (of which I forgotten the name) this one can actually mimic the lens setup and project full screen on them

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

dude, after watching the last jedi im done with star wars. Give me macross every time.

I'm pretty sure he just meant a Star Wars aerial game like Ace Combat. ;)

But since you mentioned Macross, I can't say the same thing though with Macross Delta. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure he just meant a Star Wars aerial game like Ace Combat. ;)

But since you mentioned Macross, I can't say the same thing though with Macross Delta. :rolleyes:

Star wars has battlefront 2 for that, which wasn't bad for space battles. I enjoyed macross 30 for as far as I got anyway. Wish the text had an English option though. Great game regardless. Project Aces would definitely raise the bar in terms of combat and realism. I think they could definitely pull it off. Surprised they haven't got together with bandai to discuss the possibility of a macross sim/game. 

I did indeed mean a space combat game. I'm aware of "Battlefront II" and the starfighter combat is quite good fun (if only I could stop ramming asteroids) but it'd be nice to have the kind of truly epic space dogfights and batsh*t crazy story "Ace Combat" is known for...

"Sir! Its the Rebel Fleet! And... and... "

"And what Lieutenant?!"

"They... appear to be singing, sir!".

1 hour ago, F-ZeroOne said:

I did indeed mean a space combat game. I'm aware of "Battlefront II" and the starfighter combat is quite good fun (if only I could stop ramming asteroids) but it'd be nice to have the kind of truly epic space dogfights and batsh*t crazy story "Ace Combat" is known for...

"Sir! Its the Rebel Fleet! And... and... "

"And what Lieutenant?!"

"They... appear to be singing, sir!".

Hey, I mean, it worked in Ace Combat 5. :lol: 

2 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I haven't got ps vr but if I was going to buy it, it would be for Ace Combat 7. Add that experience to a macross valkyrie game = mind blown / eyes bleed / heaven 

Actually there was indeed an announcement about a Macross VR game from last year's Walkure concert. But beyond that there's no updates.

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Really?! Awesome! Who's making it and is there a trailer? Or was it just an announcement? 

I don't think it's a game. It was just an announcement of a VR project. Not specifically a game. Could be a something like a ride or something like that.

49 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

I don't think it's a game. It was just an announcement of a VR project. Not specifically a game. Could be a something like a ride or something like that.

Looks like you're right @wmkjr. It was posted in the Games section so I assumed it was a game but when I look around it's just announcement of a VR Project.  That's it. Sorry to bring your hopes up, @TrickyCustomer. ^_^ 

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like you're right @wmkjr. It was posted in the Games section so I assumed it was a game but when I look around it's just announcement of a VR Project.  That's it. Sorry to bring your hopes up, @TrickyCustomer. ^_^ 

@wmkjr @no3Ljm it's all good. I went from knowing nothing about it or that it even existed to some info about it. Thanks 

I saw an article a few days ago that this is coming out on PC. That certainly sparks my interest in this game. I haven't kept up with the news at all since I don't have a PS4, so y'all probably already knew this.

I'm still iffy on ports after what's happened with previous games, but if this means I can just use my HOTAS and pedals, I can save a bunch of money and skip the PS4 entirely.

Not that I will, because there are other games I want. :p  But I can at least focus my VR purchases toward the PC only, which is still saving a bunch of money.

My biggest concern is that we'll wind up with another HAWX situation, where the entire game is still geared toward using a gamepad, and no one on the development team has their head on straight enough to realize that most flight sim hardware doesn't use an analog view hat (not to mention all the other ridiculous problems HAWX had).

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

IIRC, the VR gameplay is a separate set of missions from the main campaign(/multiplayer?), so omitting it entirely from the PC/XB1 releases might be a possibility, making any workaround even more difficult...

I honestly don't even give two shakes about getting it in proper 3D.  I just want head tracking.  Still disappointing to hear, I can't fathom why they would not make the entire game compatible with such a literally game-changing feature.. but after the past two AC games, I'm not jumping on this one too quickly anyway.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 1 month later...

Oh man an AC3 remake would be great, it would even tie in with AC7 since we are seeing some early forms of the tech in AC3 in some of the trailers. Unfortunately I don't think there is much demand for a remake, it didn't even sell well in Japan if I remember correctly. 

35 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Where's my AC3?!...

Personally, since AC2 was remade for the 3DS I'd be happier with a 3DS remake of 3.  I would liked to have seen the PSP games and 360-only Ace Combat 7 in the HD collection, though, but I'll honestly take what I can get.

Maybe I'll get super lucky and Bamco will give us a Steam version...

3 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Where's my AC3?!...

Wasn't it remade for 3DS under the Assault Horizon name?

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Personally, since AC2 was remade for the 3DS I'd be happier with a 3DS remake of 3.  I would liked to have seen the PSP games and 360-only Ace Combat 7 in the HD collection, though, but I'll honestly take what I can get.

Maybe I'll get super lucky and Bamco will give us a Steam version...

Oops, I stand corrected. AC2, not 3. (I coulda sworn, though...) Both of them ported to Switch... Hm...

The PSP ACs would definitely be good candidates for remasters/remakes as well. They already look and run great on PPSSPP, all they would really need is a texture update. Plus the unique fighters in Skies of Deception are all really cool.

I just want my Strangereal aerial soap opera, damn it!