Anyone with a 1/60 waterslide decals from Arcadia they aren't using?

wm cheng

Hi everyone,

I know its a long shot, but had anyone only used the sticker sheet and didn't use the waterslide decals that came with some of the 1/60 Arcadia VF-1 toys?  I'd be happy to buy those waterslide decals, even if its incomplete, I'd just really need the white fast/super/strike pack stenciling and any white stenciling for Roy's VF-1S (ie: 001 on the tail fins).

Just thought I'd ask, you never know :p

Hi wmcheng. Will check my arcadia VF-1S Roy movie ver this weekend as it seems only this series came with both decal and sticker sheets while the strike/super pack versions only have sticker sheets

On a side note, someone should reproduce these for those who wish to detail up their regular arcadia or yammy valks

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

There are a bunch of 1/60 decals like these for sale on ebay that were converted from the Arcadia sticker sheets. The quality seems decent enough, though they misspelled "NO STEP" on the VF-1 sheets, so you'll have to bum those from the VF-0 sheets or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391742930246

Are these the ones that Noel was saying the fastpack/strikepack white letterings were all the same and didn't have the various markings for the armament vs. the cannon and missile fronts?  If these are different from what Noel were using then I'd give them a try.

Thanks Recon!

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Are these the ones that Noel was saying the fastpack/strikepack white letterings were all the same and didn't have the various markings for the armament vs. the cannon and missile fronts?  If these are different from what Noel were using then I'd give them a try.

Thanks Recon!

Hey Mr. Cheng. Yup, that's the same one. I, too, need to find correct decals for the Strike/Super Packs.

33 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

The little white "NP-BP-01 or HMMP-02 or whatever the strike cannon designation are"...

Yup. I remember mentioning this in the My Premium Finish thread. That the ones from eBay are all the same, which it shouldn't be since the cannon have a different number code.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking some more, actually Arcadia has some of the fast/super/strike packs labelled wrong in their sticker sheet and even on their Premium Finish models.  They lack the Hasegawa's designation "HMMP-02" for the forward missile section and the "RO-X24" for the strike cannons  - so those ebay waterslide decals merely copied Yamato/Arcadia's mistake.   I guess Hasegawa isn't really cannon either as they were never in any art books till the models came out.  So do you want to emulate the Premium Finish toys with the mistake or try to correct them (or maybe just do our own thing)?

The trick is can anyone help us purchase another Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Strike decals only in Japan and send those to us? or maybe someone with a loose incomplete VF-1S that's willing to sell just the decals?

Yeah, I've been looking - its listed as VF-1S Strike, but when I look at the sheet, it has all the Fast/Super packs except the "RO-X24" strike cannon stenciling...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-72-Scale-Macross-VF-1S-Strike-Battroid-Valkyrie-Model-Kit-Water-Slide-Decal-/172071789380?hash=item2810472344:g:NCYAAOSwpRRWoYod

but it's actually the VF-1A sheet that doesn't have the strike cannon (they're all the same)

I know I purchased an official Hasegawa VF-1S strike valk awhile back just for the decals, but the decal sheet is somewhere in the piles of decals I've accumulated over the years.

Though if that particular marking only appears on the Hasegawa 1S and nowhere else, I'm not going to worry about missing it as "not canon" as I have both PF strike parts already anyway.

If I ever find that decal sheet, you can have that one decal. :)

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

After looking some more, actually Arcadia has some of the fast/super/strike packs labelled wrong in their sticker sheet and even on their Premium Finish models.  They lack the Hasegawa's designation "HMMP-02" for the forward missile section and the "RO-X24" for the strike cannons  - so those ebay waterslide decals merely copied Yamato/Arcadia's mistake.   I guess Hasegawa isn't really cannon either as they were never in any art books till the models came out.  So do you want to emulate the Premium Finish toys with the mistake or try to correct them (or maybe just do our own thing)?

The trick is can anyone help us purchase another Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Strike decals only in Japan and send those to us? or maybe someone with a loose incomplete VF-1S that's willing to sell just the decals?

Hey Mr.Cheng. To be honest, I would love to go the Hasegawa look. But I already started mine with those purchased 1/60 waterslide decals and just make the best of it. So beyond the ones in the instruction manual, I added some here and there based on the Master File book so you can say I'm kind of doing my own thing. Though I need something for the Super Packs since the ones I have are wrong. I might try those Hasegawa ones from eBay soon and see how it's going to look. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

If I ever find that decal sheet, you can have that one decal. :)

THANKS SO MUCH! (you started my search! :P) - now I'm obsessed...

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Mr.Cheng. To be honest, I would love to go the Hasegawa look. But I already started mine with those purchased 1/60 waterslide decals and just make the best of it. So beyond the ones in the instruction manual, I added some here and there based on the Master File book so you can say I'm kind of doing my own thing. Though I need something for the Super Packs since the ones I have are wrong. I might try those Hasegawa ones from eBay soon and see how it's going to look. 

Yeah unfortunately the eBay ones lack the Strike Cannon designation. 

I believe what we need are...

NP-BP-01 - back booster packs

NP-FB-01 - leg fuel/maneuvering thruster packs

NP-AR-01 - arm missile packs

------ above are what Yamato/Arcadia has for their sticker sheet or premium finish (but incorrectly designated for the parts below)

HMMP-01/02 - back booster forward missile packs

RO-X24 - back booster forward strike cannons

------ above are only on the Hasegawa kits (they are not shown in MasterFile books - but then again, the MasterFile data stenciling is a bit different than the Hasegawa models - they even forgot the slime formation lights on the forward fuselage which are pretty prevalent in all lineart except MasterFile)