I wouldn’t put it past them. But I haven’t ever seen hg attempt that. The SDF-3 from shadow chronicles was definitely not that. And iirc, the rt role playing game had a Zentradi looking SDF-3..

11 hours ago, Ikaruss said:

Well... some fans made this one...
Still, haven't any f* sense.

You got that right.

Their video suggests -- as the enemy ship is "closing fast" -- three women in skirts and heels ran from the SDF-2 (in the foreground) to the SDF-1 (several kilometers in the background).

absurd.jpg.0145ae1a3c3385daa7a73c467c7c3b53.jpg

Why even go to the trouble?  They could have merely edited a few lines of dialogue and eliminated the SDF-2 entirely!

How appropriately Robotech.  <_<

6 hours ago, tekering said:

You got that right.

Their video suggests -- as the enemy ship is "closing fast" -- three women in skirts and heels ran from the SDF-2 (in the foreground) to the SDF-1 (several kilometers in the background).

absurd.jpg.0145ae1a3c3385daa7a73c467c7c3b53.jpg

Why even go to the trouble?  They could have merely edited a few lines of dialogue and eliminated the SDF-2 entirely!

How appropriately Robotech.  <_<

A Witch wizard did it... :p

(In the spanish version of The Simpsons, they say "A witch did it").

13 hours ago, DewPoint said:

If I recall correctly, doesn't HG believe that they also own the rights to use the designs in DYRL?  

Only for merchandise.  Harmony Gold sought and obtained an addendum to its existing license agreement with Tatsunoko Production for the purpose of acquiring the merchandising rights (outside Japan) to Macross: Do You Remember Love? c.2001 as part of the company's efforts to halt, or at least restrict, US imports of Japanese Macross toys to protect their then-new licensee Toynami and its nascent Masterpiece Collection and Super-Poseable toy lines for Robotech.

13 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Have they ever tried to use the Megaroad 01 as the SDF-3?

They don't have the distribution rights to Macross: Do You Remember Love?, and they don't have any rights to Macross: Flash Back 2012 or the Macross IP and thus wouldn't be able to use Megaroad-01 under any circumstances.

13 hours ago, Bolt said:

I wouldn’t put it past them. But I haven’t ever seen hg attempt that. The SDF-3 from shadow chronicles was definitely not that. And iirc, the rt role playing game had a Zentradi looking SDF-3..

Besides the fact that HG didn't license the merchandising rights to DYRL? until 15 years after Robotech II: the Sentinels was cancelled, Harmony Gold were always aware they they could not legally use Macross designs in new animated or live action works and couldn't afford to hire the Macross staff to create new designs for them either.

That inability to use Macross designs was the reason Robotech II: the Sentinels redesigned all the surviving characters and used a mixture of original mechanical designs created by Tatsunoko Production and the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA designs Tatsunoko owned free and clear.  The SDF-3 seen in the Sentinels animation that was completed before it was cancelled isn't the warship's true appearance, it's a faux-Zentradi veneer built around the outer hull of the SDF-3 to disguise it as a Zentradi ship in the hopes it'd pass for friendly under a cursory inspection and approach the Robotech Masters homeworld unmolested.  The SDF-3 is never shown without its Zentradi camouflage shell until after her bow gets shot off and she gets rebuilt with a MOSPEADA aesthetic in the prequel comic for Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

In the little bit of art I've seen. the SDF-3 looks like they took two of Britai's ships and stuck them together side by side, painted it mauve, and added a bunch of spikes.

Yeah, that's the one.  Even Robotech fans frequently likened the ship's appearance to a turd.

Yep, it was, they announced some new resin statues, they had the MEPToys guy there so he was able to talk about the things he wants to make and that Breetai is shipping soon. They ended saying that Sony had requested new material so they were hoping to have a bigger announcement in the next 18 months. Seems odd that Sony didn't support Robotech Academy if it wanted something new.

54 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yep, it was, they announced some new resin statues, they had the MEPToys guy there so he was able to talk about the things he wants to make and that Breetai is shipping soon.

A fair amount of the new product announcements looked like Happy Meal toys rather than the expensive collectibles they're going to be priced as...

They ended saying that Sony had requested new material so they were hoping to have a bigger announcement in the next 18 months.

"Dear Harmony Gold, please prove that you actually own something of the IP you sold us a license to.  Sincerely, Sony Pictures."

I can just imagine the furor going on at Harmony Gold over that one... this feels less like Sony asking for concept materials than it does Sony asking Harmony Gold to prove that this sh*t-awful brand hasn't been six feet under for over a decade now.

Seems odd that Sony didn't support Robotech Academy if it wanted something new.

... even evil corporations have standards.

21 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

"Dear Harmony Gold, please prove that you actually own something of the IP you sold us a license to.  Sincerely, Sony Pictures."

I can just imagine the furor going on at Harmony Gold over that one... this feels less like Sony asking for concept materials than it does Sony asking Harmony Gold to prove that this sh*t-awful brand hasn't been six feet under for over a decade now.

Honestly, it's a shame Sony Corp of America hasn't gotten in contact with Sony of Japan in order to actually deal with Big West instead of these HG jokers.

59 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Honestly, it's a shame Sony Corp of America hasn't gotten in contact with Sony of Japan in order to actually deal with Big West instead of these HG jokers.

For all we know it could Sony of Japan ordering Sony Corp of America to  clear things up, maybe even order them to outright acquire HG.  I'm sure BW and Bandai would much rather work with the Sony's then HG.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

. Seems odd that Sony didn't support Robotech Academy if it wanted something new.

A corporation like Sony backing a little Kickstarter project. LOL. Silly child.

5 minutes ago, azrael said:

A corporation like Sony backing a little Kickstarter project. LOL. Silly child.

You're reading it wrong. I said that if Sony wanted more Robotech they would have supported Academy... As in, no crowd funding.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

They ended saying that Sony had requested new material so they were hoping to have a bigger announcement in the next 18 months.

That’s 18 issues in comic book time to sacrifice Minmay for the greater good of the franchise. Also a significant amount of time in the future to make excuses if very little actually happens with what they say in the panels.

Edited by Einherjar

2 hours ago, jenius said:

You're reading it wrong. I said that if Sony wanted more Robotech they would have supported Academy... As in, no crowd funding.

No, I think he was reading it right... why would Sony put its money behind a project that Harmony Gold had such little confidence in that it refused to invest its own money in it?  For an allegedly-professional outfit that claims its product was a genre- and industry-defining universally-celebrated masterpiece it's not exactly congruous for them to be begging fans, hat in hand, for money on a crowdfunding platform meant for launching indie projects.

1 hour ago, Gerli said:

The "Remix" title in Japanese is too much :D

But the drawing is much better.

robotechremix-01-interior02.jpg

Wait a sec! Are those the SDF-1 bridge bunnies in the background? I thought they died when the SDF-1 and phantom SDF-2 were destroyed in Robotech, when "Dana" was still a toddler?

(Yes I know they survived in SDF Macross.)

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

We have exciting announcement...T-shirts. LOL! They have some better stuff later but not by much. They plan to merchandise the crap out of Robotech but will they ever do a series or movie? Who knows.

So Robotech Remix is elements of Macross II, with notions of M7, with Dana/ The Masters, a Legioss, and a YF-1R? 

Man, you can just put anything into this soup and try to get ppl to eat it.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

1 hour ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

So Robotech Remix is elements of Macross II, with notions of M7, with Dana/ The Masters, a Legioss, and a YF-1R? 

Man, you can just put anything into this soup and try to get ppl to eat it.

Also those Red mechas had Vajra claws and armor.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, tekering said:

Hang on, they've got some good-looking Macross T-shirts there...

58_25.jpeg.f1ed0f68c4ccdf41d94b110929e9c096.jpeg

Whoah!  $60?!  :blink:

frakk that...

Let me check my files...
Yes, here is it:

You don't need to tell, me, I'm a little "chubby".
I send to make this design, and was ona size too big for me.

Here's the original design:

Also, I do a officer model for my girlfriend, a Misa style, but later she become my ex-girlfriend so...

And that T shirt cost me: $600 Argentine pesos.
That's mean, $14,15 US dollars.

28700780_10214688711399046_3941062091919802685_o.jpg

22375153_10213347442188154_2145270422_o.jpg

22396750_10213347443308182_1959909514_o.jpg

Remera Macross tf 2.png

Remera Macross TF Misa 2.png

Aging posers do not deserve to be posted on the “Macross in the weirdest places” thread.

If anything, it sort of confirms people’s fears where some of the “professionals” are getting inspiration for their work these days.

Edited by Einherjar